What is your current GOTY?

nublood

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn I forgot about Tomb Raider... is that good or bad? :p I enjoyed it, but would it be in my top five of this year? Probably not. Maybe sixth based on what I played that came out this year. I had fun with it though... it was another game that got illogically trashed on this board for some weird reason.

Eh, really it was just Best being dumb about the game. 

I don't even know if i've played 5 games this year, let me think:

Far Cry 5(I wasn't too fond of it by the end, though it was largely fun)

Persona 5(last year's game)

Tomb Raider

Spider-Man

Luigi's Mansion(remake, though I love the game)

Holy shit, is that it for games I've actually beaten this year? Might be, though there could be something else I'm forgetting. I haven't gotten far in AC Odyssey, RDR2, Pokemon: Let's Go, or DQXI.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, really it was just Best being dumb about the game. 

I don't even know if i've played 5 games this year, let me think:

Far Cry 5(I wasn't too fond of it by the end, though it was largely fun)

Persona 5(last year's game)

Tomb Raider

Spider-Man

Luigi's Mansion(remake, though I love the game)

Holy shit, is that it for games I've actually beaten this year? Might be, though there could be something else I'm forgetting. I haven't gotten far in AC Odyssey, RDR2, Pokemon: Let's Go, or DQXI.

I haven't played Far Cry 5 or Ass. creed Odyssey yet... I finished a couple of games in my backlog as well this year, but those are two heavy hitters from this year I haven't beaten yet.

Far Cry 5 is pretty forgettable, except for the shitty ending.  I almost forgot I played it this year. It's just a re-skin of 3 and 4 in the North American wilderness, with a worse story and characters. 

I really want to play AC Odyssey, but I've been busy with other stuff. Adjusting to a new work schedule, been out of town, hunting season, holidays, having more interest in reading books, etc. Hopefully I can play it some next week when I'm back from Thanksgiving, hunting, and work. I want to play it more than RDR2 right now.