Decorated Navy SEAL charged with war crimes during EIGHTH deployment in Iraq

• 2 years later...

There is Apple+ podcast called The Line that covers the Eddie Gallagher case and in some ways it made me feel bad for these guys. We are destroying the humanity of these guys and setting many of them down a path that seems almost certain to end in war crimes. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be held responsible for what they do in the combat zones, but they pretty much select troubled young men and then make them worse.

We must dismantle the military machine or we will continue to produce more Eddies.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

Don't know why this got bumped, but it's important to note that special ops deployments are not the usual ~year that regular deployments are. Some of those deployments might have been for a few weeks

So the series of events is this

New podcast started airing a few weeks ago covering the Gallagher case

The issue of pardons and trump came up in the Floyd/Chauvin thread

My brain said “oh yeah, I first read about Gallagher on the CEB when Trump gave him back his trident and pardoned the other two war criminals. I’m going to post about the podcast in that thread.”

I used the search function and could only find this thread and said to self “Self, don’t waste anymore time looking for that other thread and just post in this one”

And then I got lightly dragged for it, so here we are :p 

Just now, sblfilms said:

So the series of events is this

New podcast started airing a few weeks ago covering the Gallagher case

The issue of pardons and trump came up in the Floyd/Chauvin thread

My brain said “oh yeah, I first read about Gallagher on the CEB when Trump gave him back his trident and pardoned the other two war criminals. I’m going to post about the podcast in that thread.”

I used the search function and could only find this thread and said to self “Self, don’t waste anymore time looking for that other thread and just post in this one”

And then I got lightly dragged for it, so here we are :p 

Trying to listen  to it now. (Android user)