Ralph Breaks the Internet Tomatometer Watch

Pikachu

On 11/17/2018 at 12:43 PM, sexy_shapiro said:

What were your feelings about the first one? Is this one trying to say something about internet or is it merely a setting?

The movie is primarily about friendships and how those relationships change over time. The way the film relates that to the Internet is fairly surface level, at least on my initial viewing. 

Took my son to see it yesterday and we both loved it,  honestly it's one of the most important messages a kid can learn (though I mostly say that because I've experienced way too many times having several friends in my life who were clingy to the point of insanity, going out of their way to sabotage any plans I had that did not include them..  I hope they watch this movie and get it)

Saw it today with the family.  It was a lot of fun and managed to avoid being too meme humor focused while also not feeling like a total retread of the original.  I do miss some of the world building from the original as they've got established things to work off of, but I thought they were actually surprisingly relevant in their choices.  I never expected a Disney movie of all things to bring up the concept of stupid valuable digital items like the steam marketplace.

38 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

it was fun but I think I prefer the original, post credit scene was an instant classic 

Yeah it was. My audience had a reaction of "whaaaat?!" and "omg omg omg"...and then..perfect execution. 

Yeah, I liked the movie. Good story, and I felt they did a good job expanding their world from the first movie. 

Everything with the Disney princesses was great too. 

I found this pretty disappointing. Felt like it lacked the charm and nuance of the first one. Didn't like the internet setting and found most of the jokes to be very played out and tired. Would have much preferred they stuck with the world of video games for the backdrop.

It wasn't bad or anything, but I love the first movie so much, that this felt like a big let down in comparison. It just didn't feel like it came together well.