Official "Embracer Group Acquires" Thread, update - Limited Run Games, Tripwire Interactive, Tuxedo Labs, IP rights to LOTR and The Hobbit, and Japanese shump devs

Commissar SFLUFAN

42 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I am far more interested in THQ Nordic's output than I am for any of the other major publishers.  They really do have a catalog that appeals to my tastes.

I love that they have a pile of great franchises and unlike every other Publisher on earth they are actually making full use of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saber Interactive (World War Z) acquired by THQ Nordic's parent company.

Embracer's acquisition of Saber will initially cost $150 million for all assets, which includes studios in Russia, Sweden, Belarus, Spain, and Portugal. However, if Saber meets its financial goals then Embracer may have to pay up to a maximum of £375 million as part of an earn-out consideration.

Embracer Group acquires 4A Games (Metro series) and seven other studios

Embracer Group's acquisition spree continues - it's now picked up Metro developer 4A Games in a deal worth up to $80m.  Embracer Group, the parent company of THQ Nordic, said it bought 4A Games, which is home to over 150 people across two studios in Malta and Ukraine, via subsidiary Saber Interactive (World War Z).

In the same breath it announced it had bought 4A Games, Embracer announced it had bought a further seven studios, including Insurgency developer New World Interactive. The others are Sola Media, Pow Wow Entertainment, Palindrome Interactive, Rare Earth Games, Vermila Studios, and Deca Games.