Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

23 hours ago, Anzo said:

I can see now how it would appear that I had. I have not ? 

I just meant that the trophy now is just to beat Prestige Lev. 

Lol.....I think you almost made @bladimir2k quit Destiny.  

BTW, anyone have time to go through redux missions again?  I did one of them solo and started questioning myself why I am attempting to solo this again.

Joe, Thom and I plus randos rocked the T7 EP last night. 

Unfortunatley I wasn’t aware you had to have one of those blue keys active in your inventory to get anything good lol. Oh well at least I got the bounty checked off. 

8 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Joe, Thom and I plus randos rocked the T7 EP last night. 

Unfortunatley I wasn’t aware you had to have one of those blue keys active in your inventory to get anything good lol. Oh well at least I got the bounty checked off. 

Don't worry everyone doesn't know the first time... At least you got some shaders out of it!!! :D

8 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Don't worry everyone doesn't know the first time... At least you got some shaders out of it!!! :D

The shaders aren’t half bad either!

I also finished the sleeper quest line (again with Joe and Thom’s help) and ended the night finishing the Polaris Lance quest. Now just to get the catalyst. 

Just now, Anzo said:

The shaders aren’t half bad either!

I also finished the sleeper quest line (again with Joe and Thom’s help) and ended the night finishing the Polaris Lance quest. Now just to get the catalyst.

Nice,  Did Joe tell you where and how to farm the Polaris catalyst?

8 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Nice,  Did Joe tell you where and how to farm the Polaris catalyst?

No, we had already gone our separate ways by that point. After the sleeper quest he was hellbent on finding an LFG to finish Spire. ?

Did that ever happen @NeoJoe?

I need to get Javelin multi kills first so I figured level 1 EP is the best place to get those. 

2 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I need to get Javelin multi kills first so I figured level 1 EP is the best place to get those.  

Load into the leviathan raid and go up to the castellum, go to the enemies that are protecting the first door (this door changes every week so just look for enemies) You have an endless amount of cabal that spawn here.

- The description of the catalyst is kind of confusing, 50 kills with the Perfect Shot perk, the enemy needs to die from the burn effect after the shot hits, and not from the 5th shot itself, or it’s explosion effect.

- so get head shots until you activate the "5th shot," get a headshot on a full red health bar Cabal with the "5th shot" This will do enough damage but will not kill him but the burn will.. make sure not to shoot that same cabal.. let the burn kill him. Repeat 49 more times.. (takes a good 20-30 mins i think, so bring music or podcast to listen to.... lol)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brick said:

You have become Legend. 

Agreed!

I didn't Anzo. I think I'm not using the app properly cause I would join then get the in app notification that my fireteam was ready to go but I'd never get invited. Happened twice last night so I gave up. After joining, isn't the leader supposed to send me an invite in the game?

BTW: He's just Tom. His in game name was short for Thomas which he regrets using. :)

23 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Agreed!

I didn't Anzo. I think I'm not using the app properly cause I would join then get the in app notification that my fireteam was ready to go but I'd never get invited. Happened twice last night so I gave up. After joining, isn't the leader supposed to send me an invite in the game?

BTW: He's just Tom. His in game name was short for Thomas which he regrets using. :)

Ah ok. Tom it is from now on!

On 8/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, mo1518 said:

Best raids, in order, inspired by the dumbass LFG guy we played with last night who, despite his bragging, had clearly never completed a raid before in his life, but had watched a lot of videos.

1. Vault of Glass
  2. Wrath of the Machine
  3. Eater of Worlds
  4. Crota's End
  5. King's Fall
  6. Leviathan
  7. Spire of the stupid fucking Stars

King's Fall  No Knight Strategy was the best raid.

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:23 AM, eggydoo said:

BTW, anyone have time to go through redux missions again?  I did one of them solo and started questioning myself why I am attempting to solo this again.

Did you ever do them? I can help out.. then you can do 5 heroics with me... nightfall treshold, leviathan prestige.. etc.. etc..

LMAO

I just knew it was going to be that into song. I feel like that is the most popular anime opening song, as it gets used quite a bit in youtube videos. 

Good stuff. 

Man, there is so much to grind for right now, but at the same time I just feel so bored with the game with the current content. I wish this grind existed before. It's like I played a ton already with minimal reward, and now there are cooler rewards if I just grind away for another 50 hours doing the same activities in the same places I had been doing for months already. 

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

Advantage of having kids: My son started up a Titan on my PC account to only play through the story. Now I don't have to go through it again! 

TIP: buy a fireteam medallion from eververse.. (they last 4 hours) have him do public events and in like 3-5 hours you will have that character to Level 30... then do story missions... lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

i got to rank 25 and then quit.  

Reddit says Crucible labs this week is Scorch which means Scorch cannons in crucible.  Is this something new?  I've tried matchmaking before but it took forever so I bailed.

@bladimir2k How hard would it to try to do EP this week to get that Shotty?

Yes scorched is a new mode they are testing out in crucible labs... I'm going to assume since no one plays crucible labs, since it was such a letdown, it's the reason for long MM times.

As far as EP shotty, hardest part is getting a 9 team together... you can probably do it with a 6 person team as long as they know how to do, e.g. tractor cannon, void warlock, titan Metling point, etc... also if they know how to farm. Let me know when you are planning to do it and if i'm free i'll join up, I tried a few times and no luck.

7 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Yes scorched is a new mode they are testing out in crucible labs... I'm going to assume since no one plays crucible labs, since it was such a letdown, it's the reason for long MM times.

As far as EP shotty, hardest part is getting a 9 team together... you can probably do it with a 6 person team as long as they know how to do, e.g. tractor cannon, void warlock, titan Metling point, etc... also if they know how to farm. Let me know when you are planning to do it and if i'm free i'll join up, I tried a few times and no luck.

I plan on just looking at LFG and prob sitting on Mars hoping a big group shows up like last time.  I need to finish finding all the memories anyway.

16 hours ago, eggydoo said:

I plan on just looking at LFG and prob sitting on Mars hoping a big group shows up like last time.  I need to finish finding all the memories anyway.

Better to LFG on PC to be honest, the few times I tried to find people randomly I was traveling back and forth between areas for a good time and never found enough people that were doing it. Also most LFG groups want to farm the boss, if you find a random group they are more likely to kill it once and everyone leaves.

1 hour ago, bladimir2k said:

Better to LFG on PC to be honest, the few times I tried to find people randomly I was traveling back and forth between areas for a good time and never found enough people that were doing it. Also most LFG groups want to farm the boss, if you find a random group they are more likely to kill it once and everyone leaves.

Ah ok, the drops that bad?  I'm assuming you can get a new key by the time you reach lvl 7 to repeat.

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

Ah ok, the drops that bad?  I'm assuming you can get a new key by the time you reach lvl 7 to repeat.

We were farming EP over the weekend and I did not find that to be the case. I believe you only get fragments from other activities like strikes, nightfalls, the raid etc.