Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

13 hours ago, Anzo said:

Has there been any indication that upgrading the event armor will be time gated? It would be nice to upgrade all the way to 400 by the weekend so I can be strong enough to do the Whisper quest next weekend. 

What's your light level? I bet two people could run you through it no problem. 

53 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

What's your light level? I bet two people could run you through it no problem. 

350. Will be more by the time it opens up again next weekend with milestones. Let’s plan on it! 

Theres a good chance I’ll be available for a raid on Thursday too if people are up for that. 

1 minute ago, Anzo said:

Remember my hellish recounting of Heroic Strike matchmaking? That was for the Nascent Dawn questline. Guess who realized this morning they didn’t have the Ikelos hand cannon equipped during said strikes? ?

You are far from the first to have this issue. :) 

47 minutes ago, Anzo said:

350. Will be more by the time it opens up again next weekend with milestones. Let’s plan on it! 

Theres a good chance I’ll be available for a raid on Thursday too if people are up for that. 

350 will be fine, especially with two people using whisper. Do you have polaris lance yet? That's a great gun for the quest. And I am down to raid with you for sure. We'll rally the troops!

This solstice event couldn't come at a better time. Broke my toe on the weekend, gonna be on the couch a whole bunch over the next couple weeks :lol:

8 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

350 will be fine, especially with two people using whisper. Do you have polaris lance yet? That's a great gun for the quest. And I am down to raid with you for sure. We'll rally the troops!

This solstice event couldn't come at a better time. Broke my toe on the weekend, gonna be on the couch a whole bunch over the next couple weeks :lol:

I almost have it. On step 3/5. It drops after step 4 right? Working on that tonight. 

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

I almost have it. On step 3/5. It drops after step 4 right? Working on that tonight. 

I believe so, yeah. Think 5 is just the catalyst. 

37 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Oh no @mo1518 ! Get better quick! Looking forward to hearing the story of how it happened. lol

Well I was at a bachelor party over the weekend, so there may have been some booze involved ;)

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

Remember my hellish recounting of Heroic Strike matchmaking? That was for the Sleeper Stimulant questline. Guess who realized this morning they didn’t have the Ikelos hand cannon equipped during said strikes? ?

At least you got some practice!

14 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

:shock: Hope you feel better.

That is prob a better way to have an excuse to play video games all day instead of the @Anzo way.

I have 5 kids bro! (or as @NeoJoe said when he chat-introduced me to Thom “This is Anzo. He has 7 kids.”) My excuse was legitimate and probably necessary. ?

Also, get well soon @mo1518

PS- I loved Thom’s response. “We’re there any...uh...multiples in there?” :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Anzo said:

I have 5 kids bro! (or as @NeoJoe said when he chat-introduced me to Thom “This is Anzo. He has 7 kids.”) My excuse was legitimate and probably necessary. ?

Also, get well soon @mo1518

PS- I loved Thom’s response. “We’re there any...uh...multiples in there?” :lol:

LOL! It's not like I was that far off. :p 

• Haha 1

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15d0yyu_ecmlso7WYYcXGqkYbQk00Hd4I0bfX4wcVoWs/mobilebasic

Found this on reddit. Notes from how to upgrade armor during the SoH event. Not clear context on some things but gives a general idea. Could be completely fake!

“Triumphs unlocking with Solstice of Heroes: DON’T FORGET TO PICK UP THE TRIUMPHS FROM THE STATUE!

• Each Redux mission completed
  • 25 bounties (do not forget to pick them up)
  • 25 Heroic Public Events (only one you’ll not get while doing armor missions)
  • 250 Elemental orbs
  • Get SoH armor set to legendary (all 5 pieces)
  • Masterwork any SoH armor

Notes:

• Most of these will be done while doing all the armor objectives below
  • Make sure to take bounties every day you plan on running strikes/play crucible
  • The elemental orb mechanic is still a bit unknown. Whether you can pick up your own orbs, or if you can pick up other peoples generated orbs, or if its exclusive to one or the other, and what activities the mechanic active
  • Picking up orbs will give stacking damage bonus
  • Not sure if wearing the armor is required for progress to register (obviously wearing all the armor is needed for orb generation)

Green Armor (240 Power level) -> Blue Armor missions (11)

• Complete all redux missions
  • Super kills in Crucible 30
  • Defeat Guardians in Crucible 10
  • Collect Arc orbs in Strikes 90
  • Complete Heroic Public Events 10
  • Complete Patrols 10
  • Complete a meditation from Ikora 1
  • Collect Solar orbs on Earth 90
  • Collect Arc orbs 150
  • Collect Void orbs 150
  • Defeat minibosses 50

Notes:

• Do bullets 2-6 in whatever order you want
  • Do Heroic PEs, Patrols, meditation, Redux missions, on Earth with Solar weapons. 
  • Do strikes with Arc orbs only until that objective is done
  • Don’t think attempting heroic strikes is a good idea since the green armor will be 240 power level (Maybe wearing the full armor isn’t required for one and done objectives)

Blue Armor(340 power level) -> Purple Armor missions (11)

• Complete all redux missions (again?)
  • Complete Nightfall 
  • Complete Heroic strikes 3
  • Crucible wins 5
  • Complete Adventures 10
  • Complete Challenges 20
  • Void energy weapon kills 150
  • Void grenade kills 120 - Arms
  • Solar power weapon kills 80
  • Solar melee kills 60 - Legs
  • Arc super kills 200 - Class

Notes:

• Do 2-5 in any order
  • Get Void Grenade mods and Solar Melee mods (yay hunter solar melee…)
  • Do Void/Solar weapon kills first then grenade/melee kills

Purple Armor (400 Power Level) -> Masterworked Armor missions

• Complete Prestige Nightfall at or above bonus threshold (score) 
  • Complete Heroic Strikes with clanmate 5
  • Complete Prestige Levithan
  • Achieve Legend Valor in Crucible 
  • Defeat Bosses 10

Notes:

• Do these as you get them to help with completing blue armor objectives at the same time”

6 hours ago, Chickenstrip you so crazy said:

Looking forward to working on those armor sets, loving the grind since Warmind! still need to grab that whisper of worms sniper not enough time in the weekends, but that's dad life for ya.

Holy shit I haven't seen you post here in forever! 

16 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

Man you cannot go from playing Doom to this game.  It feels so slow.

Switch to PC! Everyone is doing it man! Also I feel your pain.... When I go from playing destiny on PC to PS4 I feel like my controller broke. It's painful... oof!

The way I read the requirements I linked yesterday is that you only need to do the prestige stuff to get the masterworks versions of those items. You can get the 400 lvl versions by doing the steps above those. 

I havent been able to confirm the veracity of them yet since I’m at work. 

Yeah @StephenO1683 I get 60 FPS on a laptop grade GPU, you’ll get more than I do on a 7850 I bet. 

23 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

LOL! It's not like I was that far off. :p 

I have 5, but I knew when to stop!! Now I use them as an excuse to stay relevent as a gamer at best. . . Everyone of them are better, faster, and I have myself to blame!

1 hour ago, StephenO1683 said:

Man you cannot go from playing Doom to this game.  It feels so slow.

Best shooter released in the past 5 years easily, it's so good I find myself playing it all the time. Near pefection, at least to me. Whats even better, we get another one this year!!!

26 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I have 5, but I knew when to stop!! Now I use them as an excuse to stay relevent as a gamer at best. . . Everyone of them are better, faster, and I have myself to blame!

Yay I’m not the only crazy person! ?

internet High Five ?