Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

LMAO Anzo! Sounds epic yet frustrating. lol I wish I had seen your post yesterday, I would have ran some strikes with you.

The Mars story missions being strikes is REALLY lazy and stupid. The Mercury ones get a tiny pass only because the dialogue at least acknowledges you're doing the simulation again but Mars is straight up lazy with no new strikes.

I guess I have been fortunate and only ran into one bad heroic group so far. One blueberry kept rushing on his own, which worked fine and then we got to the boss and he dies of course.  We catch up and try to help/rez but it's useless and we wipe.  Then blueberry decides to leave cause he couldn't yolo it and then the other guy leaves cause its just us 2 now....

44 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

I gotta be honest some of these weapons seem OP.... but if I'm the one using them I'm going to enjoy them.

Also I cant believe they brought back that piece of crap looking helmet again @mo1518

Bungie is taking the “Syndrome” approach to exotics this time around. If every gun is OP, then no one will be!

@mo1518

@bladimir2k

From the TWAB

“Many Guardians have heard whispers on Io and rushed to investigate. Some of you encountered a long streak of Cabal drills—far too many Cabal drills. We did some investigating to see if this was a bug. Turns out there’s no bug, but the current random generator doesn’t do a good job of preventing streaks of either event. 

We’re currently investigating ways to prevent these bad luck runs in the future. We did some simulations to see if there might be any more long streaks of one type of event in the forecast. We expect a few more outliers, but balanced with long streaks of only Taken Blight events. This activity will be available every week, and once you do unlock the Heroic version, it will stay unlocked. We will continue to monitor the situation. Happy hunting.”

So remember when I said Quickplay PvP matchmaking felt so much better.........Bungie yesterday came out saying that after the update they found a bug in the matchmaking system which is not taking skill or connection into account ... No wonder it felt so much better! lol

2 hours ago, Anzo said:

Has there been any indication that upgrading the event armor will be time gated? It would be nice to upgrade all the way to 400 by the weekend so I can be strong enough to do the Whisper quest next weekend. 

Good question! I'd like to know too actually. Apparently we can rerun the story mode with certain modifiers. 

6 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

Good question! I'd like to know too actually. Apparently we can rerun the story mode with certain modifiers. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/07/29/destiny-2s-solstice-of-heroes-will-have-a-pretty-wicked-combat-modifier/#1005b3701594

The event will allow players to get 400 power level armor for the first time by completing a number of challenges, including re-running the Destiny 2 story campaign with some…difficulty tweaks, it seems. But according to new leaked art for the event, there’s something else that might help Guardians along the way.

So maybe you have to finish the list to get the 400 level armor? This sounds very interesting!

During the Solstice of Heroes, any level up will reward players with a Solstice Engram (in addition to their usual Bright Engram). These special event engrams contain exclusive event rewards such as new Sparrows, Ghost shells, Exotic weapon ornaments, and emotes. This engrams will also reward special “armor glows” that can be applied to the event armor, glowing brightest when used in conjunction with the same subclass type on the armor. These are not consumables, instead unlocking permanently on the armor like ornaments.
Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/07/17/destiny-2-solstice-of-heroes-moments-of-triumph/#RoyVMA7y5Fuc695E.99

This special event which starts Tuesday sounds very cool!

7 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

It is 5 or 6 of the story missions with modifiers yes. Not the entire story though.