Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Do Daily challenges exist anymore?

They do not. Everybody has bounties now like in D1. Shack, Zavala, Drifter etc. Amanda Halliday has Festival of the Lost bounties once you complete the initial quest. 

12 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Trying to do Pain and Guilt quest and this is going to take a long time!

Just a heads up - that quest is just one step in a kinda hardcore crucible quest for the Luna's Howl handcannon. Maybe Google the whole thing to see what you're getting in to before committing a bunch of time to it. Good luck if you do go for it. 

I have heard the most challenging step in getting the Luna's Howl is reaching Fabled rank. The suggestion I saw was focus on this first so you can use whatever gun you want. Getting to Fabled is retroactive, so even if you drop from Fable rank when you get to that step in the quest you will auto complete it. The rest of the steps you can chip away at and not be bothered by win-loss. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I have heard the most challenging step in getting the Luna's Howl is reaching Fabled rank. The suggestion I saw was focus on this first so you can use whatever gun you want. Getting to Fabled is retroactive, so even if you drop from Fable rank when you get to that step in the quest you will auto complete it. The rest of the steps you can chip away at and not be bothered by win-loss. 

That will be hard!

24 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

That will be hard!

@Spawn_of_Apathy is correct, don't worry about the fable rank until the end. Get all the quest steps leading to fable rank before really concentrating on leveling up your ranks up to fable. If you concentrate on them they shouldn't take you that long. I think it took me around 3-4 days, playing around 3 hours each day, to get all the steps before reaching the fable rank step. The higher you rank up on glory the harder the teams you will be facing with "meta weapons" (bygones, telestos, warcliff coil etc.) At those ranks you want to be using those weapons as well to compete. Good luck my friend!

3 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Damn that is some grinding

It really is. Both redrix and Luna are grinds, but these quests have made me enjoy crucible in a way I haven't since early D1. I'm 74 matches away from redrix and it's been a fun quest with a cool reward that I can't wait to get my hands on. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:02 PM, Anzo said:

They do not. Everybody has bounties now like in D1. Shack, Zavala, Drifter etc. Amanda Halliday has Festival of the Lost bounties once you complete the initial quest. 

I completely overlooked them but I finally figured out they're the gold things that pop up on the map. Like do one crucible is the daily for example.

Don't forget that every normal location: Earth, Nessus, Io, Titan, Mars, Mercury have 3 daily bounties each. Tangled Shore has more including the weeklies and dreaming City has a few as well. So every location and most vendors have something for you to do. There's actually too many bounties now. I'm perfectly fine with that.

OMG OMG OMG OMG

RMGesus has been with me. Yesterday I got the gear I needed to 600.

But that's not the best of it. I did EP for hours today, got the SMG and Sniper pretty quickly, just about 4 or 5 completions. Them the long dry spell, but then...it finally dropped. I got the EP shotgun. I managed to get all 3 weapons and the emblem in one day of EP!

The randoms I was playing with were a bit jealous, as they started shooting me as soon as it showed I picked it up. I stuck around for several more completions to help others beat the boss. I think I went through 4 or so different groups of randoms all being rotated out throughout my attempts.

I am so excited. This thing is every bit as beast as I knew it would be. I will need to do EP at least one more time next week, because I still need the EP helmet for my warlock. 

All in all the best, most rewarding 24 hours I have had in Destiny in long time.

• Like 1

Thanks. I forgot to mention one of the weekly challenges for power gear also gave me the Geomag Stabalizers for the Warlock. They are pretty nice too. Extra melting on bosses is nice. Too bad so many have forced phases and go immune in the middle of taking damage.

So in that pouring 24 hours I also got a Forsaken exotic, that due to my level also dropped at 600. 

I really wish the Nightfall, Ascended challenges, Raid, and Shattered Throne had match making. The penalty of death is pretty high when you are solo and just drain the fun out of them real fast. LFG is not as seamless a process just having an option to find players or make yourself join able, like Division has been set up for for a while now, or hell, even like Monster Hunter. Yes, even Monster Hunter does it better than Bungie who doesn't even try.  

45 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@mo1518 Would it be a bad idea to dismantle old equipment?

Maybe not. On the one hand you can reacquire year 1 gear. On the other hand year 1 weapons being reacquired are locked to a predetermined element. If you have one of a different element it is impossible to get that back. So the question is, do you think you'll ever use the weapon again.  

3 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

@mo1518 Would it be a bad idea to dismantle old equipment?

Year 1 Armor: dismantle away, it's purely cosmetic. I deleted all of it except the raid gear. 

Year 1 guns: I still use all the old raid guns and a few other favourites. Midnight coup is still the best hand cannon going. But you can always get them back from the collections, so no big deal, delete them all. 

47 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

You're being very generous here.  There are tons of people that still don't know how to trigger heroic.

Most of the time that I've seen players trigger heroic. And I always try too unless I''m alone and dont need one for a bounty. But I think I've played enough of patrol to kinda spot the intentions of the players. Especially the blights in the dreaming city. Players I'm pretty sure rarely trigger that one because it's damn annoying. If you need heroic for bounties you just got to know where to look. 

Classic Bungo. The day of their update to reduce duplicate exotics and improve the chance of new exotics I get an exotic drop from Heroic Blind Well and it is a yr 1 chest I already had. Vesper Radiance might be worth something if Bungie had not nerfed Dynamo and Distribution. Pretty weak exotic. Not worth getting more than once for the collection.  

I did get the malfeasance quest today. I was on a gambit team that stopped sucking long enough to get the lucky roll on the prime evil and damage it fast enough to beat the other team. 

I also finished off the Festival of the Lost triumphs and got the Uldron mask. 

The amount of bullshit in Gambit is staggering. I really hate how much of Gambit you have to play for quests, bounties, and some of the better weapons in the game. 

@mo1518 feels your pain @Spawn_of_Apathy

I, on the other hand, have stopped getting exotics altogether. But I'm sure once I do, it'll be a dup.

I like Gambit but I just wish it wasn't such a time sink. If you're in a match that goes 3 rounds (which seems to always be the case for me) you're in there for almost 30 minutes it seems like.

1 hour ago, NeoJoe said:

@mo1518 feels your pain @Spawn_of_Apathy

I, on the other hand, have stopped getting exotics altogether. But I'm sure once I do, it'll be a dup.

I like Gambit but I just wish it wasn't such a time sink. If you're in a match that goes 3 rounds (which seems to always be the case for me) you're in there for almost 30 minutes it seems like.

Yeah I’ve timed it (often play before work where time left is important) and a 3 round Gambit match is around 20 minutes. 

56 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The community has found that Gambit has rubber banding mechanics to help the losing team out, and handicap the team that wins the first round. Increase damage resistance to enemies for the winning team, and increased orange bars for faster motes for the losing team. 

We knew about increased orange bars and high value targets. Bungie has said as much. That other info is new to me and disconcerting.