Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

14 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Dunno if I've just had a good couple of days or what, but I think I'm falling in love with this game. Loving the variety of content and secrets in the Dreaming City, feel like I can explore for hours and find lots of little things, and Gambit is consistently good, solid fun. RNG being tied to progression is meh, but every fucking thing in this game has been tied to RNG since the start, so you should be used to it.

Yeah the game is in a good state right now. Hopefully the DLCs will continue to be good too. Since you like finding secrets on your own so much, hopefully Penumbra will really please you since Bungie has stated that they aren't really going to talk about that expansion, and just release it and let the community figure everything out. 

Every time any new piece of Destiny is released, I see articles and posts that are like "Destiny is finally good now." 

Every time I buy a piece of Destiny content, it pretty much feels like the same grind to me. 

Is this new stuff actually good, or is it just more of the same stuff re-jiggered to get you playing a little longer?

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

You've never needed this much RNG luck to get a subclass to unlock, as you need to get a seed of light from Blind Well tier 2. First you need the RNG that you find a Blind Well populated enough to even do it, then you need the RNG that upon successful completion of the tier 2 activity it actually drops for you. 

Are you talking about your second or third Seed of Light? I'm pretty sure you automatically get your second Seed from a Tier II completion. Your third Seed is from either the Raid or presenting an offering to the Oracle. 

32 minutes ago, Brick said:

Are you talking about your second or third Seed of Light? I'm pretty sure you automatically get your second Seed from a Tier II completion. Your third Seed is from either the Raid or presenting an offering to the Oracle. 

Second seed of light. It is not automatic. It took me a couple weeks and nearly a dozen tier 2 completions before it finally dropped for me. I had even been carried on a tier 3 once before it dropped. It is not good RNG. 

I got the third tier fairly easily thanks to being able get it from an Oracle offering. Only took a couple days of blind well to complete that part of the quest. That was not bad. A short grind with immediate, guaranteed pay off. 

On the subject of sub classes, progressing through Well of Radiance is annoying. Just unlocking the melee ability feels like a chore. Of coarse like all new subclasses you have to get kills using the abilities of that subclass, but kills while buffed by the super or rift does not count at all. ... It was much faster to finish the warlock's void subclass. Kills while buffed should count. 

Anywho, the economy of master work cores for infusing has me pretty much hording any core I get, and not master working or infusing anything. For this reason I also have not finished the Ace of Spades quest, because I do not want to burn through all my cores just so it keeps up with the rest of my gear's power. 

I'd rather it cost 100,000 glimmer to infuse anything rather than cost any cores. At least it would just be a short grind to farm enough glimmer to do it. 

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

On the subject of sub classes, progressing through Well of Radiance is annoying. Just unlocking the melee ability feels like a chore. Of coarse like all new subclasses you have to get kills using the abilities of that subclass, but kills while buffed by the super or rift does not count at all. ... It was much faster to finish the warlock's void subclass. Kills while buffed should count. 

Anywho, the economy of master work cores for infusing has me pretty much hording any core I get, and not master working or infusing anything. For this reason I also have not finished the Ace of Spades quest, because I do not want to burn through all my cores just so it keeps up with the rest of my gear's power. 

I'd rather it cost 100,000 glimmer to infuse anything rather than cost any cores. At least it would just be a short grind to farm enough glimmer to do it. 

The core economy is too steep at the moment and Bungie is looking at it. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

I just did the Warlock Solar subclass and it didn't seem much longer than any of the 3 Titan ones. Maybe a tad longer.

Huh. I got my Seed of Light instantly from my first Tier 2 completion, then after beating the Heroic version I got the offering, turned that in and got my other seed. Weird. But that's Destiny! Every piece of gear is random nonsense and people love that and beg for it, now you get extra RNG to boot, so enjoy!

Luckily I barely care about any of that. The actual breadth and width of content finally feels like it's in a good spot, and that's far more important to me than unlocking subclasses. Shit, I haven't even tried to fully unlock any but my first new subclass, and I switched back to my shoulder charge because the superman dive is too unreliable. On the shoulder charge if I fully miss I can try again, but a dive counts as using the melee ability no matter what since it impacts either way. Since my exotic is Insurmountable Skullfort, I can't afford to be down a melee ability too often so shoulder charge it is.

11 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah the game is in a good state right now. Hopefully the DLCs will continue to be good too. Since you like finding secrets on your own so much, hopefully Penumbra will really please you since Bungie has stated that they aren't really going to talk about that expansion, and just release it and let the community figure everything out. 

That sounds amazing. That's exactly the kind of thing I'm into. I get why some (if not most) folks like to look up how to do everything, but I feel like you're robbing yourself of a ton of fun like that just for the sake of blind progression... and for what? So you can do the raid or the dungeon sooner? Savor things, people! It'll help you last until the next content release and you'll feel far more satisfaction! When you end up going for pure progression you get real grumpy like Grumpy McGrumps up there! And you're all always telling me I'm grumpy, so take it from me!

2 hours ago, Anzo said:

The core economy is too steep at the moment and Bungie is looking at it. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

I just did the Warlock Solar subclass and it didn't seem much longer than any of the 3 Titan ones. Maybe a tad longer.

I managed to do it pretty quick once I realized that when you slam down you kill minor enemies, so I just ensured I always popped my super in the middle of groups of enemies and had the nodes done in no time.

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Does D1P have a Destiny 2 PC clan? If so I would love an invite! 

Some of us who own it on both platforms are in the same Sparrow Me the Crap clan on both. The PC side is really barren though in regards to activity. @Brick just joined a pretty active one that has some D1P members that is run by @BasemntDweller2  I believe. 

Got my 2nd exotic from Shaxx and its forsaken warlock boots for arc subclass.  Which is kind of unfortunate cause I am really really liking the nova warp super right now for PvP and PvE.  

Did you guys run the raid yet?  Its the only thing I haven't done yet.

I actually started the PvP quests just because.

5 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Got my 2nd exotic from Shaxx and its forsaken warlock boots for arc subclass.  Which is kind of unfortunate cause I am really really liking the nova warp super right now for PvP and PvE.  

Did you guys run the raid yet?  Its the only thing I haven't done yet.

I actually started the PvP quests just because.

I got those boots too. I have the seed for the arc class but am finishing up my void one, which I also like a lot. 

We we attempted the first encounter of the raid last week but didn’t finish. Have the mechanics down but couldn’t put it together for 3 rounds before people needed to log off. Should get her this weekend. 

So, if Shattered Throne is a time gated thing, and won't be back for several weeks, why is it the final step for the purification ritual this week? It was for last week too, which I get, but this means this week I cannot even attempt to complete the quest to get the purified mod. 

RNG drop wise, it feels like I am getting the same 3-4 weapons over and over. 'Cut and Run' and 'Edge Transit' being the top two weapons I get. It kind of makes it feel like there is barely any year 2 weapons compared to even vanilla D2 year 1. 

I hope here soon there is a proper memorial for Cayde, maybe for the festival of the loss. It just seems odd to me that other than the somber music at the tower, there really isn't anything indicating the people there lost a significant figure. 

6 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So, if Shattered Throne is a time gated thing, and won't be back for several weeks, why is it the final step for the purification ritual this week? It was for last week too, which I get, but this means this week I cannot even attempt to complete the quest to get the purified mod. 

RNG drop wise, it feels like I am getting the same 3-4 weapons over and over. 'Cut and Run' and 'Edge Transit' being the top two weapons I get. It kind of makes it feel like there is barely any year 2 weapons compared to even vanilla D2 year 1. 

I hope here soon there is a proper memorial for Cayde, maybe for the festival of the loss. It just seems odd to me that other than the somber music at the tower, there really isn't anything indicating the people there lost a significant figure. 

If it makes you feel any better, you're probably nowhere near able to kill the boss in Shattered Throne since it's 590. :p

9 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The loot pool is very small because Bungie saved them for the $30 annual pass holders. 

3 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

If it makes you feel any better, you're probably nowhere near able to kill the boss in Shattered Throne since it's 590. :p

I had already considered that. It did make me sad. Not having the option is more a matter of principal. 

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

There's a purification quest that involves shattered throne? I thought it was just the strike, ascendant challenge and blind well. 

Yep, I have one where I need to complete Shattered Throne with full Revere set while ascended, and one for just completing it while ascended. The latter I got this week. 

My first one was for completing Blind Well Heroic. I was lucky to find a group doing Blind Well that were strong enough to kill the boss, while even the lowest enemies during that phase were immune to even my Super. 

19 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Pretty sure purification quest are rng.  Mine was to complete the strike while ascendant.

I figured it had to be. Not a smart RNG obviously, since even if I was 590 and could do the dungeon it being time gated makes it impossible for 3 weeks. What next, next week I get one for a mission in the next DLC? Makes about as much sense. 

21 hours ago, mo1518 said:

There's a purification quest that involves shattered throne? I thought it was just the strike, ascendant challenge and blind well. 

Yes there is. Been sitting in my inventory since last week. Thankfully they don't expire because I've had the one to kill knights in the ascendant realm since week 2.

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

Yes there is. Been sitting in my inventory since last week. Thankfully they don't expire because I've had the one to kill knights in the ascendant realm since week 2.

Lol ditto, with 3/4 completed. Never went back for that fourth.