Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

6 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Anyone do the Chaperone quest yet?  Noticed I kept getting killed by it in IB and wondering if this shotty is less forgiving now or I just ran into Chaperone gods.

I just need to do the arc kills then I’m done. Seems to be pretty good in crucible. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The Dreaming City has potential, but Bungie has no idea how to populate it. I spend most of time alone, or seeing one other random that after a year still has no clue how to make the Taken Blight public event go heroic. 

I think that most players in there know how to make it go heroic but it's much harder because players are underleveled they don't even bother. It does seem to be more empty than other spaces. That could be because of the poor progression system, the area isn't really all that interesting with only one landing zone or the entire game is on the decline. Probably all of the above. 

10 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Edit:  ran EP for an hour and a half with who knows how many lvl 7 clears and got 2 engrams to drop and neither were the shotgun.  This is terrible.

@NeoJoe has had bad RNG for the EP weapons. The past 2-3 days he buckled up and was determined to get them. I think it took him 41 EP tries before the first weapon dropped! That's not including the tries he did since warmind came out. I don't know, seems like something is off.

6 minutes ago, Anzo said:

WTB: 590 boost to do that new mini raid/dungeon. 

Don't give bungie any ideas! lol... me and Mo went into it with our LL being around 552... we were slowly getting through it and it seems like we made pretty good progress (not sure how long it is) but at one point we were ambushed by a ton of those taken snipers. Decided not to try it until we were higher LL. That area is pretty awesome though...definitely felt like a mini raid or part of a raid.

12 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Don't give bungie any ideas! lol... me and Mo went into it with our LL being around 552... we were slowly getting through it and it seems like we made pretty good progress (not sure how long it is) but at one point we were ambushed by a ton of those taken snipers. Decided not to try it until we were higher LL. That area is pretty awesome though...definitely felt like a mini raid or part of a raid.

I looked it up. We made the right decision to leave, we hadn't seen either of the two boss fights yet. A third person and ten-fifteen more light levels and we'd be good. 

2 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

@NeoJoe has had bad RNG for the EP weapons. The past 2-3 days he buckled up and was determined to get them. I think it took him 41 EP tries before the first weapon dropped! That's not including the tries he did since warmind came out. I don't know, seems like something is off.

One guy in the local chat said he got it first run of the day cause we saw him get it on the screen.  I didn't ask how many times he's tried it before though.  It's just RNGesus toying with us.  It is pretty quick to run though.  I was running it with 2 other blueberries at first and it isn't bad at all at the current power level.  Then more joined it and it was really quick blasting to lvl6 and 7 repeatedly.  I got to a point I lost count how many times I ran it last night.

8 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I'd pay $20 to do this so I can do the new content.  There are too many good games coming up that Destiny will take a back seat for awhile.

What do you have on the horizon? I’m waiting until next year for Spider-Man, not likely buying RDR2 and waiting on VC4 as well. 

3 minutes ago, Anzo said:

What do you have on the horizon? I’m waiting until next year for Spider-Man, not likely buying RDR2 and waiting on VC4 as well. 

RDR2, FO76 most likely, asscreed, spiderman i can wait.  I want to play the new Tomb Raider, but i can wait.

I preordered the RDR2 PS Pro bundle.

Just realized Dreaming City is similar to Guild Wars 2 Living Story and then remembered Bungie hired Areanet's Loremaster, so this is probably where they got the idea.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

Yeah that was awful but finally got lucky and got all 3 weapons in 3 days. 62 completions to get all 3 in the end. *sigh* Stick with it!

Yeah @eggydoo I feel you - I was hoping to get the raid under my belt a little sooner so I could do some other things. Red dead and fortnite season 6 are gonna eat up a bunch of time, and then I'm really itching to play the newest asscreed, tomb raider and Spiderman. But forsaken just keeps delivering more and more fun stuff to do, can't keep up. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Yeah @eggydoo I feel you - I was hoping to get the raid under my belt a little sooner so I could do some other things. Red dead and fortnite season 6 are gonna eat up a bunch of time, and then I'm really itching to play the newest asscreed, tomb raider and Spiderman. But forsaken just keeps delivering more and more fun stuff to do, can't keep up. 

Right, new asscreed looks really good.  It's sounding very Bioware with the new choice system.  It's gonna be hard deciding if I should grind Forsaken or play that next week.

11 hours ago, Brick said:

RNGsus has been kind to me in Forsaken so far. I've gotten Geomag Stabilizers, Lord of Wolves, and just now Cerberus+1!

It was super nice of the random blueberry to carry us through heroic blind well lol.  I forgot to pop a tincture on Tuesday when I did it and didn't get to complete my cleansing quest.  He was only 570 too, so seems like eventually these heroics will be cake.

3 hours ago, eggydoo said:

It was super nice of the random blueberry to carry us through heroic blind well lol.  I forgot to pop a tincture on Tuesday when I did it and didn't get to complete my cleansing quest.  He was only 570 too, so seems like eventually these heroics will be cake.

You get something for popping a tincture before Blind Well Heroic? Is it a bounty you have to get, or can you just do it whenever? 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

You get something for popping a tincture before Blind Well Heroic? Is it a bounty you have to get, or can you just do it whenever? 

When you give an offering to the oracle, you get another bounty with the rewards being a purification mod called Transcendant Blessing to replace the Riven's Curse on Dawn Reverie armor.

One of the bounties I had is to defeat a Plague of the Well while Ascendant, aka beat Blind Well Heroic.  I have other purification bounties but will have to wait for the Ascendant Challenges to reset to do them.  One is to kill those 4 knights from an old challenge while Ascendant.

26 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

When you give an offering to the oracle, you get another bounty with the rewards being a purification mod called Transcendant Blessing to replace the Riven's Curse on Dawn Reverie armor.

One of the bounties I had is to defeat a Plague of the Well while Ascendant, aka beat Blind Well Heroic.  I have other purification bounties but will have to wait for the Ascendant Challenges to reset to do them.  One is to kill those 4 knights from an old challenge while Ascendant.

SHIT! That's what that is?!? I could have done it last night! :cry:

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Ah yeah see I have the four knights of one. 

On 9/25/2018 at 2:06 PM, eggydoo said:

It's been reported you can get a seed of light this week from making an offering to the Oracle :cool:

Good. It only took me a dozen tier 2 Well completions to get my 2nd seed of light. 

This RNG crap for character progression is bullshit. 

The RNG in general is annoying in this game. I have only recieved 2 exotic drops in Forsaken, and both were year 1, and both already in my collection. The last one being a vigilance wing.  

9 hours ago, eggydoo said:

The couple of times I have got to Heroic Blind Well I was definitely carried. Every enemy is immune to my damage due to my Power Level. Best I do is throw up a Well of Radiance for buffs for those than can damage. 

16 hours ago, Brick said:

So here's something I never knew: @Xbob42 and I were doing the Ascendant Challenge, and I was using the sword, and I used my Super which instead of using Chaos Reach, unleashed a powerful shock wave from the sword. That came in handy defeating those knights!

It's actually kind of adorable that you're only noticing you can do that with the sword now. It's been in the game for quite some time. :)

Dunno if I've just had a good couple of days or what, but I think I'm falling in love with this game. Loving the variety of content and secrets in the Dreaming City, feel like I can explore for hours and find lots of little things, and Gambit is consistently good, solid fun. RNG being tied to progression is meh, but every fucking thing in this game has been tied to RNG since the start, so you should be used to it.