Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

On 9/19/2018 at 7:31 AM, eggydoo said:

Have you tried the new strikes?  They are so good.

The new one that opened up after the raid + the warden of nothing are amazing.

I've played only two of the new strikes, the Prison of Elders one and this one that takes place against the Hive. The Hive one I jumped in late I guess because it was super short and I liked the Prison one. These things come up rare in the playlist rotation and I'm usually only in there to get the power gear rewards. I know I can play them all directly now but I don't see a reason for that yet. 

4 hours ago, eggydoo said:

@bladimir2k @Brick

We need to try this raid cheese

Hide contents

All of these glitches and exploits are the reason why only 18 players completed the raid instead of thousands in the past. Bungie let these "cheaters" keep their high level gear after fixing stuff while the rest of us normals would need to take weeks and weeks to level up because of the games poor infusion mechanics. And since level advantages are enabled in Iron Banner now it's harder to compete on top of PVP still being absolute trash. 

19 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

18 players completed the raid instead of thousands in the past. Bungie let these "cheaters" keep their high level gear after fixing stuff while the rest of us normals would need to take weeks and weeks to level up because of the games poor infusion mechanics.

That one chest never dropped high light level raid gear, it dropped at their current or lower Light level without mods, same with the current glitch no LL advantage. The 3 teams that did beat the raid on day one are known clans/streamers and they avoided getting that chest just in case Bungie would disqualify them from worlds first. Only 3 teams beat it because the raid was hard and raising your light level needed at least 12+ hours a day to grind just to be raid ready.

19 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I guess I will finally start working on the Ace of Spades questline. Bungie apparently hotfixed the game so that hand cannon kills in Gambit count by killing regular enemies as well as guardians. You'll just need 100 kills. Big whoop.

Don't even try dude, there's another PvP requirement of getting 25 headshot HC kills in PvP!!!!

11 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

That one chest never dropped high light level raid gear, it dropped at their current or lower Light level without mods, same with the current glitch no LL advantage. The 3 teams that did beat the raid on day one are known clans/streamers and they avoided getting that chest just in case Bungie would disqualify them from worlds first. Only 3 teams beat it because the raid was hard and raising your light level needed at least 12+ hours a day to grind just to be raid ready.

Don't even try dude, there's another PvP requirement of getting 25 headshot HC kills in PvP!!!!

Still only 18. The game must be dead then. Anyway I got the Ace of Spades last night. 25 pvp kills were easy with Crimson. And I played regular Crucible. Iron Banner is an imbalanced freakshow. 

6 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Still only 18. The game must be dead then. Anyway I got the Ace of Spades last night. 25 pvp kills were easy with Crimson. And I played regular Crucible. Iron Banner is an imbalanced freakshow. 

Destiny been dead since before forsaken.. everyone been saying that... congrats on getting ACE of Spades!!!

5 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Destiny been dead since before forsaken.. everyone been saying that... congrats on getting ACE of Spades!!!

It wasn't hard really. The only real difficult thing was trying to find those 4 stashes with no good clue where to even find them where I had to look up guides from people who Bungie told where they were located, The last story mission at the end with Nolan Norths bad Cayde-6 impression was both short and boring. The gun is nice and all so I guess it was worth the pain. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Whaaaaa? You have that much directional control over that super? That's awesome! LOL!

To clarify Joe I forgot to put the source as it explains that you have to do something else in order for this to work... i believe you do a melee override in the middle of the super to fling you further. As far as control I'm going to assume you have to be quick about it.. i would literally hit that first wall for sure coming around the turn..lol

So whats the verdict on Forsaken? Ive been getting the Destiny itch again, but not sure if its worth it. I still feel bitter about Y1 D2. I havent even been paying attention to the game at all. Ive been hearing mixed things. more random drops, more customization on weapons and gear...but ive also been hearing the grind is real again and the raid is super tough to the point of frustration.

29 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So whats the verdict on Forsaken? Ive been getting the Destiny itch again, but not sure if its worth it. I still feel bitter about Y1 D2. I havent even been paying attention to the game at all. Ive been hearing mixed things. more random drops, more customization on weapons and gear...but ive also been hearing the grind is real again and the raid is super tough to the point of frustration.

I think the general consensus is that this is what D2 should have been. It isn’t perfect but it is a HUGE improvement. Good variety of things to do, lots of avenues for powerful gear, good story and strikes etc. The dreaming city (end game area) is the best space Bungie has ever created. 

Game economy needs some fixes. Infusing stuff is often too expensive. You have to be more meticulous with your resources. 

The game is a huge grind now no question. It takes a lot of time to level one character let alone two or three. I’ve had fun with it though. The game respects your time more than in the past. 

Bungie seems to to be addressing exploits and bugs with greater regularity. 

The raid aid seems really tough but across the board I’ve only heard that it is the best raid ever. I think the toughness comes from the slow grind to get to appropriate power level. So most players are still under powered for the raid 3 weeks after the game release. Nobody in our clan has done it yet. 

2 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I think the general consensus is that this is what D2 should have been. It isn’t perfect but it is a HUGE improvement. Good variety of things to do, lots of avenues for powerful gear, good story and strikes etc. The dreaming city (end game area) is the best space Bungie has ever created. 

Game economy needs some fixes. Infusing stuff is often too expensive. You have to be more meticulous with your resources. 

The game is a huge grind now no question. It takes a lot of time to level one character let alone two or three. I’ve had fun with it though. The game respects your time more than in the past. 

Bungie seems to to be addressing exploits and bugs with greater regularity. 

The raid aid seems really tough but across the board I’ve only heard that it is the best raid ever. I think the toughness comes from the slow grind to get to appropriate power level. So most players are still under powered for the raid 3 weeks after the game release. Nobody in our clan has done it yet. 

thanks!!! 

What the ETA for "raid-ready"? I cant imagine that there arent people in our clan that arent there yet. 

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

thanks!!! 

What the ETA for "raid-ready"? I cant imagine that there arent people in our clan that arent there yet. 

Recommended light is 560+. So far I think only @mo1518is over 550. I think 540 is the bare minimum we are going for to get through the first and maybe second encounter. 

6 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Recommended light is 560+. So far I think only @mo1518is over 550. I think 540 is the bare minimum we are going for to get through the first and maybe second encounter. 

I still don't know how you guys can play on console.  UI is so terribly slow.  All of you need to switch to PC :p

4 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I still don't know how you guys can play on console.  UI is so terribly slow.  All of you need to switch to PC :p

Blad and I got external SSD’s! Still not Pc speeds but Inventory loads super fast, shader previews are instant. Most loads into zones are 20-25 seconds faster than before. 

1 minute ago, eggydoo said:

I miss gaming on my PC actually.. but..

1.) theres no way i would start over from scratch

2.) my PC is in my basement in my office and it isolates me from my family. The only way i get away with moderate gaming sessions is being present upstairs so i can pause and interact with them. Im ok with this as a lot of the fun is having my kids hang with me and watch. 

3.) At this point, my PC is outdate (980ti, 4770k) and probably requires a decent overhaul thats just not in the cards right now. 

Just now, Anzo said:

Blad and I got external SSD’s!

Does that really make a big improvement? I was thinking of maybe doing something like that. Can you link me to what SSD you bought? 

5 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I miss gaming on my PC actually.. but..

1.) theres no way i would start over from scratch

2.) my PC is in my basement in my office and it isolates me from my family. The only way i get away with moderate gaming sessions is being present upstairs so i can pause and interact with them. Im ok with this as a lot of the fun is having my kids hang with me and watch. 

3.) At this point, my PC is outdate (980ti, 4770k) and probably requires a decent overhaul thats just not in the cards right now. 

Does that really make a big improvement? I was thinking of maybe doing something like that. Can you link me to what SSD you bought? 

SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E250B/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07864WMK8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mGrQBb1BXCVPP

Enclosure - AmazonBasics 2.5-inches SATA Hard... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RLG2C?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Blad bought this one. More expensive but double the space- Samsung T5 Portable SSD - 500GB - USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PA500B/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GZBT36/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hIrQBbVE271AC

See my edit above about performance improvement 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, atom631 said:

whats up @bladimir2k you slacking? 

Yeah I have actually! lol September is a busy time at my job and on top of that I decided to build a new bathroom in my apartment. So most of my spare time I been working on that bathroom to get it done asap! Saturday I reached LL 547 on my hunter. Anzo basically said everything there is to say about forsaken, one thing I would add is that the raid is hard if you go into it blind and obviously under-leveled but once you know the mechanics really well its a 1 hour+ raid. 

15 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Does this help on other games as well?  

I'm sure some games benefit from an SSD, and I'm sure there is a list out there. Also I would like to point out that "slow UI" is part of a known issue that bungie is aware. So I'm going to assume at some point they might address it. It was never this sluggish.

19 minutes ago, atom631 said:

The BFV beta was unplayable and before I kinda migrated back to console, there was another 1 or 2 recent games that really ran like shit. 

From what I have heard D2 was optimized really good for PC so even some low end PC's can run it fairly good. I think @anzo said he was running it on a 2+ year old Macbook Pro under bootcamp with an onboard GPU and he states it's runs fairly good. 

8 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Yeah I have actually! lol September is a busy time at my job and on top of that I decided to build a new bathroom in my apartment. So most of my spare time I been working on that bathroom to get it done asap! Saturday I reached LL 547 on my hunter. Anzo basically said everything there is to say about forsaken, one thing I would add is that the raid is hard if you go into it blind and obviously under-leveled but once you know the mechanics really well its a 1 hour+ raid. 

I'm sure some games benefit from an SSD, and I'm sure there is a list out there. Also I would like to point out that "slow UI" is part of a known issue that bungie is aware. So I'm going to assume at some point they might address it. It was never this sluggish.

From what I have heard D2 was optimized really good for PC so even some low end PC's can run it fairly good. I think @anzo said he was running it on a 2+ year old Macbook Pro under bootcamp with an onboard GPU and he states it's runs fairly good.

Close. A 3 year old bootcamped iMac, which has a laptop grade GPU! I get 60 FPS average at 1080p. 

Yeah, I really do not like Gambit. I really wish Bungie would stop making me play their shitty MP game modes to complete quests. I wish instead of wasting time.on Gambit and crucible they just worked on more loot and unique SP content. 

This is probably the most insulting DLC they have done. You can see they put so much work into it, and forgot to make any of it fun and engaging. Character progression is such a slog fest, and 100% RNG, which Destiny has and still is absolutely terrible at [RNG]. 

• Guillotine 1

Apparently Bungie will be addressing the masterwork core issue, who knows how though. Forcing us to use masterwork cores to infuse gear to useable status was a typical Bungo decision and really makes the game feel like more of a grind than Warframe. And they will be addressing the Sleeper Simulant issue in Gambit somehow too. Hopefully they reduce the autoaim because you can get headshots with it just by aiming at a players feet. Gambit is sometimes fun but not as a solo player. Sometimes you can win if your team is either good and the other team sucks. But it's the only unigue thing Bungie added to Destiny. It's not bad...but right now it's not good either. 

Overall the multiplayer in Destiny is garbage even after the "fix". I only do some of it to get high level gear each week. The main game is the PVE and while it is fun it's still the same old content we've seen before but now closer to Destiny 1 with a slew of bounties. Actually more bounties than ever located in every destination save for The Farm. Even Tess has bounties awarding you bright dust.

If you're a person previously disappointed in year 1 Destiny 2 but are thinking of giving Forsaken a chance, most of the sandbox changes came in the free update so check that out first. Otherwise Forsaken adds a super short story, two new destinations and the usual raid and strikes etc. Some people rave about the Dreaming City destination but to me it's just a nice looking extra location full of the usual bounties and lost sectors but with a boring as hell "I wish I was as fun as Archon's Forge" public arena mode and a lot of tedious secrets making you think the area has real depth. More stuff might open up later there of course but I'd rather it all be there sooner than tricking out one extra mission a week like they seem to be doing.

I play it because I'd addicted to the gunplay(There still is no other shooter with gun mechanics as good as this) and getting new gear but this expansion is disappointing. The Taken King and Rise of Iron were better overall in Destiny 1. I'd wait for a sale, the asking price is way too high.