Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

2 hours ago, Anzo said:

Finished the Spider quest where you loot four lost sectors. Reward is powerful gear. A chest that was a whopping 1 LL higher. Gee thanks!

You probably have a weapon/gear that's around 10 LL lower than your most current overall LL.

I just read on reddit that you can farm blues that should drop a few levels above. Just load into the Hallowed Lair NF, it starts you off in a public area, go to the closest lost sector and complete it. Rinse and repeat until you get that weapon/gear that's the lowest up to your current overall LL.

20 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

You probably have a weapon/gear that's around 10 LL lower than your most current overall LL.

I just read on reddit that you can farm blues that should drop a few levels above. Just load into the Hallowed Lair NF, it starts you off in a public area, go to the closest lost sector and complete it. Rinse and repeat until you get that weapon/gear that's the lowest up to your current overall LL.

You are correct. My heavy is 501 while everything else is 512+. I’ll do that tomorrow. 

Also, I’d love to grind some Blind Well and Ascendant challenges with people tomorrow night if anybody needs those. 

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

You are correct. My heavy is 501 while everything else is 512+. I’ll do that tomorrow. 

Also the thing I posted yesterday about following a certain activity order in order to maximize LL doesn't make sense after you brought this up and me thinking about it, so it's probably not true...

3 hours ago, Anzo said:

Also, I’d love to grind some Blind Well and Ascendant challenges with people tomorrow night if anybody needs those. 

I want to do Blind Well. Haven't done any of it yet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eggydoo said:

No confirmation but I haven't seen any other alternative.  Blind well tier2 isn't too bad though when there is a group, esp with the telesto glitch.  

@Mithan if you have season pass, you do not have Forsaken, only the previous DLCs.  Forsaken is awesome so far.  The previous DLCs were meh imo.

I didnt know that.  Thanks

11 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Or just play the game ;)

I guess it isn’t so much power leveling as I wrote as much as “efficient” leveling. I’d like to progress in the most efficient manner possible with the limited time I have so it just helps to know the best order to tackle activities. 

I was planning on doing the nightfall tonight. Now I know to finish the spider bounty, flashpoint and dailies before that so I get the best bang for my buck since I’m still sub 520. 

Looks like I won't be getting that Ace of Spades, the quest is tied to Gambit and Crucible both having to get kills against other guardians with a handcannon. Joy. Plus having to then search all over the map for hidden chests with barely a hint on how to find them, Thankfully there are guides out there. But the pvp stuff blech. 

33 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Anyone do ascendant challenge yet?  Just curious how though this is.

I tried it solo last night but couldn't do it. Kept getting one shotted by the Taken Phalanxes, and one time I got close, but then backed into a tree and got axed. I went to bed frustrated with myself after. Maybe the best I haven't done it yet though since I should do the Nightfall first.

1 minute ago, Brick said:

I tried it solo last night but couldn't do it. Kept getting one shotted by the Taken Phalanxes, and one time I got close, but then backed into a tree and got axed. I went to bed frustrated with myself after. Maybe the best I haven't done it yet though since I should do the Nightfall first.

What power level are you now?  I read you can just jump on the tree lol

1 minute ago, eggydoo said:

What power level are you now?  I read you can just jump on the tree lol

About 517 I think. I kind of panicked so I didn't want to risk trying to jump in the tree and get killed by the Knights. I was also trying to rush through it without killing anything, so when I try it again I'll calm down and take my time with it.

43 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

For new and experienced gambit players! I even learned a thing or two in the below:

s6gs3P8.jpg

That's a good intro sheet.

16 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

Me and @mo1518 did it with the tree strategy on ps4, very simple once you get the hang of it... i heard there are different ascendant challenges though

Yeah, it's different this week, there's a triumph for completing "all six" ascendant challenges. 

This week:

Spoiler

Collect orbs, slam the jam on blights, opens a well of light for infinite supers, kill the Knights. I've heard whisper in a tree or spamming tethers and grenades makes it easy.