Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

11 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Totally. It's overwhelming. Have you started the broadsword quest yet? I'm like 20% on the pulse rifle kills, so I looked up the rest of the steps, and oh my God I forgot how long they made this quest. It's like a year's worth of grinding lol

Nope, haven't even touched competitive. I was actually thinking about broadsword, gambit drops, luna's howl quest etc... you need so much grind for all of them to check off everything.....where the heck am I going to find the time for all this?? What sucks is that we need to get some items before the season is over, i know some are going to have double XP weekends but it's a grind for sure... I'm not complaining but I think for regular folks like us we will need to buckle up and do it or face the fact that we are not going to get some gear/weapons. 

4 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Nope, haven't even touched competitive. I was actually thinking about broadsword, gambit drops, luna's howl quest etc... you need so much grind for all of them to check off everything.....where the heck am I going to find the time for all this?? What sucks is that we need to get some items before the season is over, i know some are going to have double XP weekends but it's a grind for sure... I'm not complaining but I think for regular folks like us we will need to buckle up and do it or face the fact that we are not going to get some gear/weapons. 

Well said. I’m kind of regretting that I bought forsaken on PC now. No way I have the time to grind all this out on two platforms. 

Speaking of time. Just throwing it out there that I’m adopting the “Mode model” of D2 playtime. You won’t see me online in the evenings Sunday through Wednesday from now on (I’ll sneak in a bit of time in the early mornings though after excercising). Thursday -Saturday though I’m all yours! :twothumbsup:

In typical Anzo fashion, I’ve been a bit too overzealous this past month and my wife correctly called me out on it. 

4 minutes ago, Anzo said:

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/1039195455542853636

Stuff’s about to go down today. 

I have only had time for one Gambit match but I listened to a podcast where they discussed the Sleeper Problem in Gambit. Probably needs to have ammo adjusted for gambit only. 

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do. 

I wonder how they'll address sleeper. I think they should leave it alone for now, see what evolves. People might starting trying out other exotics. I don't use it, I use a regular linear fusion which requires a headshot to one hit people while sleeper can one hit on a body shot, but I don't want the whole class nerfed, especially if those changes carry into other PvE modes. 

As for the time requirements of a post-grind destiny, I think this week seemed like there was way more to do because of the accidental full reset. Once all the secrets have been discovered and the reset falls into schedule it'll be the same ol destiny. D1 had daily challenge stuff as well, and over time you just ignored them or only did the ones you enjoyed. We're all trying to do everything right now to try and power up. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/248458684

”Rapid Response to Known Issues - 09/10/2018

From the Destiny 2 Development Team:

Over the weekend, as we monitored your progress in Destiny 2: Forsaken (and grinded ourselves), some new issues came to light that require immediate attention. In some instances, fixes to the game will require code changes, but there are some immediate server-side actions we can take to safeguard the player experience. Our bar for rapid responses like these is to address issues that impact the economy that makes Destiny 2 a game that is engaging over a longer timeline. As we take action, we will not be issuing any bans or restrictions to players who may have benefitted from the following…

Status Updates:

Raid Chests: Players have found their way into Raid spaces and claimed gear from bonus chests. Those chests are being suppressed until we can properly isolate them to Raid activities. None of the rewards they have granted will be rescinded. 

Prime Engrams: An exploit was discovered this weekend where players could earn Prime Engrams at a rapid pace using the Prime Attunement buff. At this time, Prime Engrams are designed to grant small power gains over time. Acquiring large amounts of Prime Engrams in a short timeframe reduces the frequency in which you earn Prime Engrams as you continue to play the game. Some players who have used this exploit heavily may find that Prime Engrams will not appear for the next two to three weeks. 

As such, this will provide a very small short-term gain for those using this exploit, but have negative long-term effects for a player’s power progression. We are investigating a fix for this exploit. In the meantime, we highly recommend that players do not use this exploit.

Players who are earning Prime Engrams while playing through the game naturally will not be impacted by this issue in any form.

Weekly Challenge Reset: Weekly Gambit, Crucible, and Heroic Story Challenges were impacted over the weekend by an unforeseen Milestone reset. Players who completed Challenges after the faulty reset on Saturday were not given powerful rewards, and will not receive a proper challenge reset on Tuesday for these activities. We are investigating the cause of this issue, and will deploy a fix at our first opportunity. Additional information may be found in our #Help Known Issues thread.

Gambit Suspension Issues: We are currently investigating an issue where players are being suspended in error from Gambit due to disconnections. Until resolved, players may encounter 15 minute suspensions when disconnecting from Gambit matches. We are currently investigating server side changes to matchmaking for this activity to mitigate the issue. Additional information will be provided when available.”

I'm glad they're looking at the gambit matchmaking - it's weird as it is now. Couple times I've been caught in infinite loads and had to quit out, and while I never got a suspension, I did get the warning screen a bunch. 

Sounds like there's a hard cap in how many prime engrams you can earn over a month (yay more hidden caps :lol:) and abusing the glitch counts against it. 

10 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Sounds like there's a hard cap in how many prime engrams you can earn over a month (yay more hidden caps :lol:) and abusing the glitch counts against it. 

You read my mind.  It sounds like they are not fixing it anytime soon, but isn't this still better than waiting everyday?  Like what if you limit it to 4-5 a day just to up your power level.  

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

You read my mind.  It sounds like they are not fixing it anytime soon, but isn't this still better than waiting everyday?  Like what if you limit it to 4-5 a day just to up your power level.  

I'm no mathemagician or anything, but doing the cheese would get you a smaller, instant boost, while getting them spaced out with regular rewards would be bigger light rewards over time - this is assuming all 20 engrams you could possibly farm would all be dropping at the exact same light level, while if you collected them naturally, each engram would boost the light level of the next one you receive naturally. Rewards, exotics, engrams - everything is rolled when they drop, not when you redeem it.

No mention of updating to reduce the need for master work cores. I am not going up in power level because the gear I am getting is garbage minus the higher level, but without hundreds of cores I cannot keep infusing, or to master work something. ...if time gating powerful engrams wasn't bad enough to slow progress. 

Bungie really has no clue how to have a progression system with levels.  

The masterwork core issue is hurting my legendary shard stash. Spider sells cores but they double in price every time you buy one but at least it resets daily. You can infuse the same weapon for just glimmer and parts but that's rare to happen. Also infusing any exotic into a legendary also just uses glimmer and parts but exotic drops must be glitched to not happen. I only ever got rewarded a 514 Darci as a campaign or something reward and used it to upgrade my grenade launcher. And you can get cores from dismantling legendaries but it's very rare. 

I have the last of the guys Spider sent me to hunt, I'm level 501. Still nothing, not a one this worth mentioning has dropped. Not a single Exotic. Getting to the Hard cap of 600 seems impossible to a casual player like myself. I am having fun killing things, my bow is useless as it's 410, so I'm just hoping for a legendary pulse or scout that uses the green ammo to drop @500. I'm using a shotgun though its 500, but just a blue becasue I can't get anthing good that dosent use primary ammo now. Dont want both guns using the same damned ammo do I?

7 hours ago, HardAct said:

I have the last of the guys Spider sent me to hunt, I'm level 501. Still nothing, not a one this worth mentioning has dropped. Not a single Exotic. Getting to the Hard cap of 600 seems impossible to a casual player like myself. I am having fun killing things, my bow is useless as it's 410, so I'm just hoping for a legendary pulse or scout that uses the green ammo to drop @500. I'm using a shotgun though its 500, but just a blue becasue I can't get anthing good that dosent use primary ammo now. Dont want both guns using the same damned ammo do I?

Don't worry, you'll get about 100 grenade launchers really soon.

Jokes aside, infuse your bow if you like it that much. I started doing lost sectors and it has a chance to drop forsaken legendaries, so that is what I did to get all purpled once I hit 500.  I'm power level 516 and still an exotic engram virgin.  The grind to 600 is honestly not bad.  It took me almost a month to progress 20 power after the soft cap prior to forsaken.  I'm at 16 after a week.

9 hours ago, HardAct said:

The game has been out one week. You haven't even beat the campaign yet - it's a little unrealistic to be expecting all this crazy gear to be raining down on you when you haven't even gotten to the end-game area yet. Once you've finished the campaign you'll also get a bunch of bounties for powerful rewards. Until you finish the last couple missions you can expect to see nothing but blue armor and guns at 500 light. 

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

The game has been out one week. You haven't even beat the campaign yet - it's a little unrealistic to be expecting all this crazy gear to be raining down on you when you haven't even gotten to the end-game area yet. Once you've finished the campaign you'll also get a bunch of bounties for powerful rewards. Until you finish the last couple missions you can expect to see nothing but blue armor and guns at 500 light. 

Ok, Ok . . . that makes sence! Thanks I get it. I said as a casual player, that's all. I did get one bright engram and one purple one that dropped that said it will be 506 but there not turned in yet. I was just commenting on the how to get guns to drop that use special ammo as I Only have a shotgun and a sniper rifle period. I don't remember  those types of weapons being that scarce. I'm getting over an hour a night, close to maybe 90 minutes a day, so I'll finish the campain by the end of next week. Hunting the last guys two night, but may only get to one of them! Just killed the mechinist? He was easy!

Benefit of not starting Gambit until this week. All of the hardcore have moved on and mediocre players like me are left in the low ranks! I would have been done with the Gambit invader kills after only 3 matches but had 2 kills stolen from me. ?

10 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The Dreaming City is neat as end-game material and all but it seems to be mainly geared towards full fireteams. I hope Bungie adjusts it to be more solo friendly. 

I think we're just severely under powered for it.  Most content is 540+ power.

@HardAct Just to add to what Mo said about powerful rewards, these include the weekly "milestones" which I believe they are now referring to weekly challenges, those could be done within 2-3 hours. Everyday you get a "prime attunement" buff that will grant you a powerful drop on the first yellow boss you beat (go to a lost sector and within 5 mins your done) Doing these things should get you a good 10-20 LL every week. This is without doing any bounties that drop powerful engrams, so it's not bad if you are a casual and only play for 1 hour.

20 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The Dreaming City is neat as end-game material and all but it seems to be mainly geared towards full fireteams. I hope Bungie adjusts it to be more solo friendly. 

How so? The only thing new that the dreaming city has over other planets is the blind well and that has matchmaking as you walk into it, similar to Court of Oryx. The one thing I noticed is that there seems to be less people around for public events but I am sure after 1 week of game release not everyone has reached the dreaming city. Other than that most of the population that has unlocked the dreaming city is under-leveled to do PE, Lost sectors and some of Petra bounties. Give it 2-3 weeks and people will be soloing these events.

9 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

@HardAct Just to add to what Mo said about powerful rewards, these include the weekly "milestones" which I believe they are now referring to weekly challenges, those could be done within 2-3 hours. Everyday you get a "prime attunement" buff that will grant you a powerful drop on the first yellow boss you beat (go to a lost sector and within 5 mins your done) Doing these things should get you a good 10-20 LL every week. This is without doing any bounties that drop powerful engrams, so it's not bad if you are a casual and only play for 1 hour.

How so? The only thing new that the dreaming city has over other planets is the blind well and that has matchmaking as you walk into it, similar to Court of Oryx. The one thing I noticed is that there seems to be less people around for public events but I am sure after 1 week of game release not everyone has reached the dreaming city. Other than that most of the population that has unlocked the dreaming city is under-leveled to do PE, Lost sectors and some of Petra bounties. Give it 2-3 weeks and people will be soloing these events.

Is it a guarantee on the first yellow bar? Cool if so! I thought it was still random just a higher chance to drop. 

49 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

The well is either dry or it's Bungie matchmaking, every time I went in there it was empty save for maybe one other person. I guess I'll have to try the crouch walk method. But there's other stuff in the dreaming city that seems to require being higher power or needing friends: all that secret stuff. Petra's bounties require a lot work to get potions to see hidden paths to fight really powerful enemies. Ah, the whole place is a mystery and with only one landing zone it could take YEARS to travel all over the damn place. 

13 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The well is either dry or it's Bungie matchmaking, every time I went in there it was empty save for maybe one other person. I guess I'll have to try the crouch walk method. But there's other stuff in the dreaming city that seems to require being higher power or needing friends: all that secret stuff. Petra's bounties require a lot work to get potions to see hidden paths to fight really powerful enemies. Ah, the whole place is a mystery and with only one landing zone it could take YEARS to travel all over the damn place. 

Yeah definitely use the crouching method, it will work.

Here is a good tip if true, people seemed to have figured out that some weekly powerful activities give smaller LL bump drops and some give higher LL bump drops. So it's good to follow a certain order for these activities to maximize LL. So the recommended order of weekly powerful activities is: Prime Engram, Weekly Heroic Story, Weekly Crucible, Weekly Strikes, Weekly Gambit, Flashpoint, Spider Wanted Bounty, Clan XP, Nightfall, Petra Bounties, Ascendant Challenge, 100K Nightfall.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Yeah definitely use the crouching method, it will work.

Can't believe this still works :lol:

I got my 2nd seed of light from Blind Well but have not seen a 3rd drop.  Not sure if you have to finish leveling up a new super before a next one will drop.  I saw the drop rates for the seed is actually not that great but I got it on my 1st TierII completion, so I guess I was extremely lucky.

I never finished this when it came out, the story was just a bit bleh overall and a game called Assassin's Creed Origins came out and sucked me in.  I saw today that Blizz App downloaded the 32gb patch (or whatever it was).  I forgot I payed for the Season Pass.

Has a lot of new content and shit been added since release day to this game?  

On 9/9/2018 at 8:44 PM, Anzo said:

I downloaded the Forsaken soundtrack + Whisper tracks through Bungie Rewards. Sorry Marty but this is the best Destiny soundtrack. 

Listening to it, and yeah it's a great OST. Once Upon a Time in the Reef is probably my favourite.

I still think Regicide is the best Destiny song so far, but damn this series does have some good music, like the theme that plays when you return to the City to fight Ghaul.

16 hours ago, Anzo said:

Is Blind Well confirmed to be the ONLY way to unlock the rest of the subclasses? I thought there was some talk of being able to do it via the shards of light way after reset. 

No confirmation but I haven't seen any other alternative.  Blind well tier2 isn't too bad though when there is a group, esp with the telesto glitch.  

@Mithan if you have season pass, you do not have Forsaken, only the previous DLCs.  Forsaken is awesome so far.  The previous DLCs were meh imo.