Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

So I was thinking to myself a couple of days ago about what could be added to further differentiate each class. Gun types that were class specific, like before Destiny launched I thought that Hunters would be the only ones able to use sniper rifles for example. That might annoy some people that they aren't allowed to use a type of gun though. What about each class gets its own passive ability, like Hunters can run along walls for a short distance, CoD Advance Warfare style. 

I'm gonna pop on and try and finish the Forsaken story, or maybe try and just get 1 1/2 hours in strait. Haven't done that in a very long time. Iike the Bow but it's power is huring me now. It's purple and only 410. So about almost 35 levels lower then average drops right now. I'm at about 448, getting there! Still nothing cool has dropped and I'm doing as many of the Blue banner Raids as I can {or are they strikes I get that shit confused }! I would love a Exotic Bow or a Exotic anything lol!

7 hours ago, HardAct said:

I'm gonna pop on and try and finish the Forsaken story, or maybe try and just get 1 1/2 hours in strait. Haven't done that in a very long time. Iike the Bow but it's power is huring me now. It's purple and only 410. So about almost 35 levels lower then average drops right now. I'm at about 448, getting there! Still nothing cool has dropped and I'm doing as many of the Blue banner Raids as I can {or are they strikes I get that shit confused }! I would love a Exotic Bow or a Exotic anything lol!

Exotics have been pretty rare for all of us. 

As for the bow, I friggin love that Petra bow! Masterworked it to Tier 6 before I realized that I should exercise some restraint. Just wait until you are 500 and infuse it up to bring it back into you arsenal. 

They are strikes. ☺️

13 hours ago, Brick said:

So I was thinking to myself a couple of days ago about what could be added to further differentiate each class. Gun types that were class specific, like before Destiny launched I thought that Hunters would be the only ones able to use sniper rifles for example. That might annoy some people that they aren't allowed to use a type of gun though. What about each class gets its own passive ability, like Hunters can run along walls for a short distance, CoD Advance Warfare style. 

I think we might have seen something like this had Bungie not been so consumed by making everything balanced in multiplayer. 

I always felt that by end game our characters should feel like enormously powerful, and the classes should have large differences in roles between builds. Like a support Warlock that keeps team buffed and healing where a fire team just feels unstoppable. Or a chaotic Warlock that has devastating aoe attacks. A titan that can agro with nigh invincible defense. Hunters that can dish out rapid, damaging attacks, or heavy single enemy damage, or provide control skills. 

As is we never feel powerful, and no subclass feels like it was made to be a crucial component of a fire team. Instead they're all balanced to be pretty interchangeable. 

3 hours ago, Brick said:

The bow really is a lot of fun to use. Makes me wonder how the other bows feel. Better? Only RNG will tell. 

I got one from the gunsmith that's elemental.  It has a perk that loads faster but no explosive head.  I like how it feels better than the free one cause the rate of fire but I miss the explosive heads on the other one.

I don't think I've ever been this distracted in Destiny before. It took me a few days to finish the initial Baron adventures on the Tangled Shore because of all of Spiders bounties as well as the weekly challenges to get powerful gear etc. There are many many ways to get powerful gear and other stuff now taking a player all over the game Some of it resets daily, weekly and every 4 days. Lot's of stuff to do and good rewards to get. I even like Gamibt now. And the collection page is great, I can buy any shader I've found as well as every ship and sparrow. Sparrows actually have random perks each time you buy them. I had to buy a few to get one of my favorite legendary sparrows to spawn at 160 speed. So far I think Bungie fixed the game.

2 hours ago, Triage said:

I got to level 50 light level 501 yesterday and we haven't finished main story line. So much to do and everything seems fun. We just did Lost Sector that washer a blast with launge like area and music that didn't fit making it fun. 

That lost sector was amazing!

Just now, Brick said:

Oh yeah I forgot you could download that. You get it for beating the campaign, right? 

Yes. Just have to remember to redeem the "Vengeance" node in the Triumphs tab for it to unlock. You then go to your Bungie Rewards page to email yourself a discount code and proceed from there. 

Anyone try the raid glitch?  Along with glitching into the raid, there is a glitch to get the raid chest to reset as well so there are already people sporting full raid gear and weapons w/o doing a thing.

I wonder if they're going to strip all the raid gear from players this coming patch.  I believe they did this before with cheaters for trials right?

Loot Cave 2.0

Spoiler

Have Prime Attunement Buff - Daily Reset Buff

Farm a yellow bar boss like in a Lost Sector

Prime Engram will drop - don't pick it up.  Picking it up will remove Prime Attunement Buff.

Repeat

Go to orbit once you have 20 and engrams will go to Postmaster.  20 is the limit the Postmaster can carry.

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

Anyone try the raid glitch?  Along with glitching into the raid, there is a glitch to get the raid chest to reset as well so there are already people sporting full raid gear and weapons w/o doing a thing.

I wonder if they're going to strip all the raid gear from players this coming patch.  I believe they did this before with cheaters for trials right?

I saw the reddit thread about the people with full sets. Doesn’t it involve deleting your character and then leveling them up to do the glitch again? That some dedication! 

On the one hand I think they should probably strip them. On the other, the drops were consistent with their current LL so is it that detrimental?

1 minute ago, eggydoo said:

Loot Cave 2.0

Hide contents

Have Prime Attunement Buff - Daily Reset Buff

Farm a yellow bar boss like in a Lost Sector

Prime Engram will drop - don't pick it up.  Picking it up will remove Prime Attunement Buff.

Repeat

Go to orbit once you have 20 and engrams will go to Postmaster.  20 is the limit the Postmaster can carry.

Me thinks tomorrow patch will eliminate a ton of these sorts of things. Sucks that the weekly reset already happened for some activities and won’t occur tomorrow. Hurts those of us grinding for the raid on Friday. 

1 minute ago, Anzo said:

Me thinks tomorrow patch will eliminate a ton of these sorts of things. Sucks that the weekly reset already happened for some activities and won’t occur tomorrow. Hurts those of us grinding for the raid on Friday. 

Yeah, at least can do that loot cave today to make up for it. 

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

Loot Cave 2.0

Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to assume prime attunement is automatically given each day until you pick up that engram?

Also first time in a while that I can say that there are so many things to figure out that I am literary lost sometimes, having less time to play also sucks.. lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

I'm going to assume prime attunement is automatically given each day until you pick up that engram?

Also first time in a while that I can say that there are so many things to figure out that I am literary lost sometimes having less time to play also sucks.. lol

Totally. It's overwhelming. Have you started the broadsword quest yet? I'm like 20% on the pulse rifle kills, so I looked up the rest of the steps, and oh my God I forgot how long they made this quest. It's like a year's worth of grinding lol

Edit: that prime engram glitch is hilarious and why we can't have nice things. But it'll make up for all our powerful engrams being not powerful this week. 

19 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Also first time in a while that I can say that there are so many things to figure out that I am literary lost sometimes having less time to play also sucks.. lol

Yep and agree.  I haven't even begun to explore Dreaming City.  So far I only unlocked another Super from Blind Well Tier2.

@mo1518 I had the same reaction on that quest...i'm like at 12% then decided to check the full quest online and said F-that.....

32 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

OK I'll buy Foreskin if you guys promise me worlds first.

:shock: