Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Do you need the expansions to reach lvl 30?

Yes

12 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Is Destiny: Forsaken going to be a lot bigger expansion compared to the first two? Which version should you get? I noticed they have a $80 Digital Deluxe version available. Comes with a Annual Pass... What the heck is coming with that? 

Forsaken will probably be to D2 what The Taken King was to D1. TTK was very beefy and well worth the $40. The Annual Pass is pre-paying for the 3 expansions Bungie will release in year 2 after Forsaken. They will probably be on par with Curse of Osiris and Warmind in size and scope. Could be better than those but we don't really know. 

20 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Is Destiny: Forsaken going to be a lot bigger expansion compared to the first two? Which version should you get? I noticed they have a $80 Digital Deluxe version available. Comes with a Annual Pass... What the heck is coming with that? 

Doesn't come out for a few months. I would say don't preorder. Bungie has some trust to earn back. 

Especially that Annual Pass - $30 and zero details as to what's in it? Should rename it the Hard Pass. I still can't believe they're selling a season pass on top of an expansion and microtransactions. Ballsy. 

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I would like to get the season pass but I would have to take it out of the money I'm trying to save for a new PC. I might just wait until Forsaken comes out.

There is no discount in buying now vs waiting. Same price either way. Save the $30 until you know for sure you will stick with the game that long and the content is worth what Bungie is charging.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

When Forsaken comes out, everyone will be playing that content. If you don't have the expansion, you won't have much to do. 

I meant I would wait until Forsaken comes out to get the season pass for Curse of Osiris and Warmind because you have to get those to play Forsaken. Trying to save up for a new PC at the end of the month.

9 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I meant I would wait until Forsaken comes out to get the season pass for Curse of Osiris and Warmind because you have to get those to play Forsaken. Trying to save up for a new PC at the end of the month.

So long as your light level is up, I don't think you'll need to play the other expansions first. I mean, I guess you have to own them, but I doubt the game will make you complete those first.

2 hours ago, Emblazon said:

So long as your light level is up, I don't think you'll need to play the other expansions first. I mean, I guess you have to own them, but I doubt the game will make you complete those first.

Bungie always makes the previous expansions a requirement of the next. Had to own house of wolves and dark below to play taken king. 

16 hours ago, Brick said:

Hopefully at least next generation has a lot more cross play. Dedicated consoles are slowly going to die after all, and we'll all be able to play together. 

I see this the way of the future to be honest, and not crossplay but play anywhere. I loved it when I got my gaming PC and all my progress from gears 4 and forza horizon where there as well as the games.

18 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

@bladimir2k I could only play at that time on Saturday and Sunday because I work graveyard shift Monday-Friday night.

Ok we rarely play on the weekends, we might try to do like an LFG if we have a few of us. I think i have you as ps4 friend, whats your ps4 name?

15 hours ago, eggydoo said:

It's not just Sony for Destiny.  Bungie doesn't want FPS advantage for PC players.  

While thats true I don't know why there isn't any PvE crossplay. I'm a little ignorant on fortnite but how do they do it as they have all the crossplays! Is everyone just playing against each other can someone on a phone play against someone on a high end pc?

12 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

My 299 LL is pathetic! Has been months since I played. What would be the best ways to improve it?

Do all the weekly milestones.

33 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

I see this the way of the future to be honest, and not crossplay but play anywhere. I loved it when I got my gaming PC and all my progress from gears 4 and forza horizon where there as well as the games.

Ok we rarely play on the weekends, we might try to do like an LFG if we have a few of us. I think i have you as ps4 friend, whats your ps4 name?

While thats true I don't know why there isn't any PvE crossplay. I'm a little ignorant on fortnite but how do they do it as they have all the crossplays! Is everyone just playing against each other can someone on a phone play against someone on a high end pc?

Do all the weekly milestones.

Remarkableriots and yup you're on my friends list.

On 7/3/2018 at 2:03 PM, bladimir2k said:

Yes Anzo!! Wish everyone could get a PC.... It really is a different game.. hate doing things twice but it plays and feels so good that i'm enjoying playing on PC...

I primarily play my shooters on PC, unless they're a console exclusive. Had the first Destiny been on PC I would have bought it on that.

Add me on battle.net at Brick#11639

That rapid fire vid was mostly fluff but had some tidbits of info in there. 

New level cap is 50

Nothing new on the leviathan

New raid lairs with expansions

Story is non linear, you can pursue the barons in any order you choose. 

12 hours ago, Brick said:

I primarily play my shooters on PC, unless they're a console exclusive. Had the first Destiny been on PC I would have bought it on that.

Add me on battle.net at Brick#11639

Added you! Between you, eggy, basementdweller, nokt and myself we have a good small PC group. Maybe we can do a raid in the future.

8 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Added you! Between you, eggy, basementdweller, nokt and myself we have a good small PC group. Maybe we can do a raid in the future.

Are you gonna double dip on PS4 and PC on Forsaken?  I kinda want to get it but I really don't want to get it on PS4 anymore after experiencing it on PC :lol:

i'm actually higher power on my PC character than my PS4 now.  I just don't have all the stock piled exotics anymore....

I did finally get a Better Devils to drop and it's been nice since.

1 minute ago, eggydoo said:

Are you gonna double dip on PS4 and PC on Forsaken?  I kinda want to get it but I really don't want to get it on PS4 anymore after experiencing it on PC :lol:

I don't know.. I definitely can't play both at the same time. Only reason I'm playing both right now is because it's summer and I have Friday's off. I'm torn, we have our whole crew in ps4, we need to convince them to get a gaming PC.  Pepito already has one. Destiny 2 has gotten slower in PS4 too.

10 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

are you saying you might be our 6th Anzo!! lol rof

Im saying that it is in the realm of possibility but D2+y1 expansions is $30 until next week on PSN and Im about to hit lvl 20 on my friend’s copy and dont want to waste time playing at the old lvl 20 cap doing stuff when I could be leveling up to 30 right now if I decide to get forsaken but dang this 30 FPS is aggravating but all the old crew is on PS4 but playing on Pc might be less time consuming because there are less of us and and and...

what were we we talking about again? :P 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Im saying that it is in the realm of possibility but D2+y1 expansions is $30 until next week on PSN and Im about to hit lvl 20 on my friend’s copy and dont want to waste time playing at the old lvl 20 cap doing stuff when I could be leveling up to 30 right now if I decide to get forsaken but dang this 30 FPS is aggravating but all the old crew is on PS4 but playing on Pc might be less time consuming because there are less of us and and and...

I don't know Anzo.... what I do know is that you were missing from this thread for a few months... a free D2 weekend comes and all of a sudden your posting again and now your saying your about to hit level 20. You're sounding like someone that just had a "Destiny Relapse." hehe

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anzo said:

So D2+y1 expansions is cheaper vs just y1 expansions.....

7 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

I don't know Anzo.... what I do know is that you were missing from this thread for a few months... a free D2 weekend comes and all of a sudden your posting again and now your saying your about to hit level 20. You're sounding like someone that just had a "Destiny Relapse." hehe

I know! ? 

That gameplay Loop is so good and like the crack monkey I am I say “just one hit, for old time’s sake”. Next thing I know, I wake up the next morning with a Deej tatoo and an order confirmation email for the Amazon Alexa Ghost. 

Regarding level 20 so fast. I tag along on like 2 Heroic Public Events and I jump a level and a half each time lol. It’s crazy!

7 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

So D2+y1 expansions is cheaper vs just y1 expansions..... 

There's a mid year sale currently being held on the PSN store that has the digital version bundled with the expansion pass for around 32 bucks if you have PSN+. The expansion pass is selling for it's normal price $34.99. So yes, right now on PSN it is cheaper to pay for that bundle than to just buy the expansion. (again you need to have PSN+)

10 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I know! ? 

That gameplay Loop is so good and like the crack monkey I am I say “just one hit, for old time’s sake”. Next thing I know, I wake up the next morning with a Deej tatoo and an order confirmation email for the Amazon Alexa Ghost. 

Regarding level 20 so fast. I tag along on like 2 Heroic Public Events and I jump a level and a half each time lol. It’s crazy!

Lol Rof... do you have a gaming PC? regular PC?

17 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Lol Rof... do you have a gaming PC? regular PC?

I’d consider it regular by today’s standards. Way back in the beta last year it could run it at 60 FPS 1440p though. Probably wasnt high texture settings though I dont recall. 

1 hour ago, bladimir2k said:

Definitely. I've actually yet to do any of the Raids. 

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

Slippery slippery slopes! :lol: