Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

5 minutes ago, Chickenstrip you so crazy said:

Life escalated quickly lol married and an 8 month old, sprinkled with lots of work travel has kept me busy. I only have time for one game and that’s Destiny 2 ??

Congrats! What system are you playing it on? 

9 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I thought the requirements for the green armor were all there was too it. So you have to do all that tedious crap again and again and...again? HAHA no thank you!

You just describe Destiny 2 perfectly though.

Honestly it wasn't too bad.  I feel I would have solar orb collection completed if people quit using Arc sub classes.

I have the 10 patrols/heroic public event completed, 81% solar orbs, and 14% void orbs collected.

It sucks to use green armor though, i forgot how slow reloads are w/o my perks.

12 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

Tess gave me the Harley sparrow as well! I thought i was special.. guess she gives it to everyone!!:bj:

Is it me or it kind of has slow acceleration?  I'm debating switching back to another one.

9 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I thought the requirements for the green armor were all there was too it. So you have to do all that tedious crap again and again and...again? HAHA no thank you!

Yeah I agree with @eggydoo, almost all the requirements are already things people do in Destiny for their weekly flashpoints. Took me 2-3 hours to almost complete the green gear requirements and will probably take me another 2 hours to complete the rest if I take my time. The whole event is a month affair and should be plenty of time to complete everything even if you have 3 characters.

55 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Is it me or it kind of has slow acceleration?  I'm debating switching back to another one.

Seems like it, the handling sucks and takes forever to summon it without the perk.... Then again this sparrow is more for showing off than actual utility!

3 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Yeah I agree with @eggydoo, almost all the requirements are already things people do in Destiny for their weekly flashpoints. Took me 2-3 hours to almost complete the green gear requirements and will probably take me another 2 hours to complete the rest if I take my time. The whole event is a month affair and should be plenty of time to complete everything even if you have 3 characters.

The only bits I have left on the green armor are crucible super kills and some more solar orbs in strikes. I should have that wrapped up today. I was able to knock everything else out 99% solo in only a few hours.

I highly recommend doing the memory missions with friends, though, right @mo1518. :lol: 

35 minutes ago, pepitojones said:

The only bits I have left on the green armor are crucible super kills and some more solar orbs in strikes. I should have that wrapped up today. I was able to knock everything else out 99% solo in only a few hours.

I highly recommend doing the memory missions with friends, though, right @mo1518. :lol: 

Hell yes. I rage quit on 1AU solo. It was a breeze with Joe and Anzo. 

I read today that for the redux missions, you only have to wear the armor piece that requires the mission to get credit. So if your boots need Chosen or whatever, you can wear your regular gear and an exotic for the other pieces and you'll be stronger, but the catch is you won't generate any orbs. 

1 minute ago, pepitojones said:

No, it's the one where you have to play hot & cold with the sun and shade.

Ohhhh yeah I could see that part making MO rage quit... I died twice there... tether, smg and whisper helped me get through that part.... I almost rage quit on the servitor mission... I was like "are you fookin kidding me with this!"

Yeah if you are struggling with the missions, go with a group. We rolled through them. 

I started on the crucibke stuff before before work today. It is slow going for the super kills. Finished the call to arms though so that’s a silver lining. Most everything else is completely doable with minimal effort. 

Just now, bladimir2k said:

Ohhhh yeah I could see that part making MO rage quit... I died twice there... tether, smg and whisper helped me get through that part.... I almost rage quit on the servitor mission... I was like "are you fookin kidding me with this!"

Guess I will wait for you on PC to do it then lol

1 minute ago, Anzo said:

Yeah if you are struggling with the missions, go with a group. We rolled through them. 

I started on the crucibke stuff before before work today. It is slow going for the super kills. Finished the call to arms though so that’s a silver lining. Most everything else is completely doable with minimal effort. 

Reddit says Mayhem is coming back next week so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I will prob just get the weekly done and then wait for Mayhem.

1 minute ago, Anzo said:

I’m not sure which is a better crucible super for multikills, Tickle Fingers or Dawnbreaker. I’m more comfortable with arc but get countered too often by shotguns. 

I murdered so many warlocks mid-tickle-fingers last night that my vote is not that one. :lol: 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I’m not sure which is a better crucible super for multikills, Tickle Fingers or Dawnbreaker. I’m more comfortable with arc but get countered too often by shotguns. 

Nova bomb, the bottom tree. Find a choke point or capture flag with two or three people, hope the seekers take out some bonus guardians. Especially with 6v6, should be easy to get 3+ every super, as long as you don't panic super. 

• Thanks 1

I finished all the story missions once with the green armor. While they were fun re-mixes I'm not going to do those again. Maybe if the difficulty was increased and had matchmaking like with strikes and I could use my real armor set I'd play them again. The armor set end goal for this event kinda sucks compared to what I already have so there's no incentive for me. My Hunter is already 385, that's as high as I need to be until Forsaken.   And the only reason I play Crucible is for the weekly powerful gear. I have it. Bungie would have to pay me to play their shitty pvp mode any longer than that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

Tickle Fingers needs a serious buff, yes you will get shotgunned in the face or sworded before you can get any kills.  I've switched to dawnbreaker with good luck.

Accidently bought the 2 expansions for 20 bucks last night while trying to find out about forsaken and what all this is, and when it is. 

My issue is, I just haven't really experienced the raids and strikes. No one willing to explain just what to do, most are just not willing to play with a light level 260 old guy. I want to, but I feel like I'm just in the way

3 hours ago, Anzo said:

If you’re rocking Crown of Tempest with top tree, your super last FOREVER. You can do some serious damage to the enemy team. 

19 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Accidently bought the 2 expansions for 20 bucks last night while trying to find out about forsaken and what all this is, and when it is. 

My issue is, I just haven't really experienced the raids and strikes. No one willing to explain just what to do, most are just not willing to play with a light level 260 old guy. I want to, but I feel like I'm just in the way

What system? 

You do need to bring your light level up a bit if you want to raid or do heroic strikes. And if you feel worried you'll just be in the way, maybe watch some walkthrough videos on the raids to familiarize yourself with the mechanics, it really helps to visualize all the steps in these sometimes confusing fights. No one has a problem raiding with a newbie, but raiding with someone who's not willing to learn and just wants a carry is a different story. You sound more like the former than the latter, so get yourself closer to 300 and I'd be happy to run you through leviathan if you're on PS4. 

20 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I finished all the story missions once with the green armor. While they were fun re-mixes I'm not going to do those again. Maybe if the difficulty was increased and had matchmaking like with strikes and I could use my real armor set I'd play them again. The armor set end goal for this event kinda sucks compared to what I already have so there's no incentive for me. My Hunter is already 385, that's as high as I need to be until Forsaken.   And the only reason I play Crucible is for the weekly powerful gear. I have it. Bungie would have to pay me to play their shitty pvp mode any longer than that!

Fair point... I'm fine with all the requirements that include what you would be doing in the weekly flashpoints but as far as redoing those missions, yeah they suck especially when you have to do them over 9 times if you have 3 characters...

I think the Public Event Triumph is bugged. It says I have only done 10 even though I did 10 alone last night. No record of the dozen or so I’ve done prior to that. 

EDIT: I misunderstood the bounty. It isn’t to do 25 total heroic events but rather to complete the Heroic version of all public events. Rookie mistake!

21 hours ago, mo1518 said:

What system? 

You do need to bring your light level up a bit if you want to raid or do heroic strikes. And if you feel worried you'll just be in the way, maybe watch some walkthrough videos on the raids to familiarize yourself with the mechanics, it really helps to visualize all the steps in these sometimes confusing fights. No one has a problem raiding with a newbie, but raiding with someone who's not willing to learn and just wants a carry is a different story. You sound more like the former than the latter, so get yourself closer to 300 and I'd be happy to run you through leviathan if you're on PS4. 

Im on ps4, got up to light 280, I need some guns bad. I really liked my Legendary auto rifle, but now it's usless, I just don't understand what all I need to do to get cool weapons. I might have only had 10 legendary anythings ever! Fusing weapons is confusing and I just don't know. as a shooter it's fun, but it has always been very confusing to me. I do HATE the crucible part and always have. seemed like you had to take part in i at least some to get the good stuff, etc. #worried!

25 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Im on ps4, got up to light 280, I need some guns bad. I really liked my Legendary auto rifle, but now it's usless, I just don't understand what all I need to do to get cool weapons. I might have only had 10 legendary anythings ever! Fusing weapons is confusing and I just don't know. as a shooter it's fun, but it has always been very confusing to me. I do HATE the crucible part and always have. seemed like you had to take part in i at least some to get the good stuff, etc. #worried!

There are weekly milestones that reward “powerful gear” that are guaranteed to be higher light than you currently are. They are:

Beat the Nightfall

Flashpoint (complete public events on a specific planet)

Weekly Clan XP contribution (just do activities and get XP, must be in a clan)

Call to Arms (play 6 or 7 matches)

Raid

Beat 3 Heroic Strikes (350 light recommended)

Something else I’m probably forgetting. 

Do you own the expansions? That raises the light cap to 400 and the level cap to 30. You should be able to go to 340 quite easily just by playing the expansion campaigns. 

33 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Easiest way to get legendary gear is turning in tokens to the vendors. Guaranteed one or two legendaries. Infusing let's you put a blue, purple or exotic into another gun to raise its power level. That auto rifle you like isn't useless - if you get a more powerful auto rifle you can infuse it into the one you like to bring it up to your current power. If you don't like crucible, don't play it. There's one gun from that loot pool that is truly worth it, and that's Better Devils. Everything else is mediocre. 

Really, when you're just powering up it's really about just playing the game. Finish the campaigns, collect a set of guns you like, trash/infuse the ones you don't, do the milestones for power increases.