Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

8 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

their website is down so...lol.  Reddit has some info though.  Looks like you can get Power 400 armor easier now.  Maybe I can finally finish an Escalation Protocol!

Yeah the Solstice of Heroes info page is up. 

https://www.bungie.net/Mobi/en/About/News?id=47017&transparent=true

400 armor from the event. 400 weapons from the prestige raid lairs only. 

16 minutes ago, Anzo said:

400 armor from the event. 400 weapons from the prestige raid lairs only. 

**Important**

You will not be able to infuse these trophies into existing gear. 

RIP to all the NON-raid players... but this is what everyone wanted right? RIGHT? RIGHT?

8 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

**Important**

RIP to all the NON-raid players... but this is what everyone wanted right? RIGHT? RIGHT?

so you have to use shitty raid weapons if you want to be power 400?

21 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

**Important**

I think this is very important to note: there is literally no point to having 400 light level gear. The only situation where it would be useful is maxing out your power handicap multiplier on a prestige nightfall. So it's more like RIP to the NON-raid players who chase high scores in the Prestige nightfall. There are dozens of them. DOZENS. 

Edit: I'm dumb. It would also be good for spire of stars. I forgot it's 380.

12 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I can see why dedicated players would be upset. As for me, I’m nowhere near the cap and will quickly shoot past 400 after forsaken so I ain’t mad...this time. 

the second part was more of a sarcastic post tbh... people are already complaining that they wont be able to get to 400 without raiding... I mean I'm sure the only activity that you are going to need to be 400 is going to be the prestige raid.. so people that dont play raids dont really need to worry.

11 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

so you have to use shitty raid weapons if you want to be power 400?

Apparently, unless they come back like trump and said they mis-spoke....

16 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

**Important**

Absolutely. I hate the pandering to casuals. I should have better gear because I put the time into the Raids. 

16 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

**Important**

I miss playing with you guys but I don’t miss playing Destiny. Lol. :mhug:

19 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

$9.99 (feel sorry for the people that actually paid $89.99 for this, ouch!)

51+6udG89kL._AC_.jpg

I think it looks cool but man are the reviews savage. Among the critiques is the complaint that it feels cheap. So not even worth it for $10!

1 minute ago, Anzo said:

I think it looks cool but man are the reviews savage. Among the critiques is the complaint that it feels cheap. So not even worth it for $10!

Among other things, it is terrible at standing on its own. There's no support base, so it just teeters on those 2 small bits at the bottom. The reviews really are brutal.

• Like 1

Going through the campaign on PC has been interesting. Ghost is especially stupid since I don’t have previous characters. He asks questions like “What’s a warmind?” And “Who are the Taken?” as I encounter them for the first time. 

On 7/18/2018 at 7:53 AM, BasemntDweller2 said:

Absolutely. I hate the pandering to casuals. I should have better gear because I put the time into the Raids. 

Oh I agree, I was being sarcastic. I just find it ironic that the people that started complaining right away(this is mostly reddit posts I read) about not getting to 400 are the ones who refuse/can't do raids, but the only thing you need to be 400 right now is to play a raid.. i mean they really shouldn't worry.

Reading the full patch notes of 1.2.3 I hope the below change to IB control helps when playing with randos that still don't know how to play control.

Added new Power Play rules unique to Iron Banner: Upon capturing a third zone, all three zones lock for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, all three zones reset to neutral and must be recaptured.

7 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Reading the full patch notes of 1.2.3 I hope the below change to IB control helps when playing with randos that still don't know how to play control.

Added new Power Play rules unique to Iron Banner: Upon capturing a third zone, all three zones lock for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, all three zones reset to neutral and must be recaptured.

Oh snap that is so good.  I still really prefer Zone Control over regular Control though............

1 hour ago, bladimir2k said:

As if you capture zones in IB.

3 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

I look forward to seeing how this thread is a month or so after release.

How does it feel? Looking from the outside, not worrying about Destiny? I still hope you will pull an @Anzo one day and go from not playing to playing both on PS4 and PC... 

8 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

As if you capture zones in IB.

:shrug:

• Haha 1

Having been on both sides now, it just moved to another game as my “addiction game”. In my case it was Hearthstone. Sure there was a little more time for the backlog but that game became the one nagging for my attention. I quit that 2 months ago and look where I am now! ?

Being back has been nice so far because I’ve mostly been playing solo and progressing at a steady pace. We will see how this holds up once I hit the 340 wall and can only progress through the weekly stuff. Playing solo I can play in the mornings before the kids get up or as late as I want after they are in bed. No need to coordinate schedules to raid or piss my wife off by playing for the entire night, as much as I’d like to do Leviathan at least once before Forsaken. Most of my nights are chalk full nowadays vs the D1 days however. 

3 hours ago, Anzo said:

Being back has been nice so far because I’ve mostly been playing solo and progressing at a steady pace. We will see how this holds up once I hit the 340 wall and can only progress through the weekly stuff. Playing solo I can play in the mornings before the kids get up or as late as I want after they are in bed. No need to coordinate schedules to raid or piss my wife off by playing for the entire night, as much as I’d like to do Leviathan at least once before Forsaken. Most of my nights are chalk full nowadays vs the D1 days however. 

Same, hard for me to coordinate raid nights now.  I've only done the raid maybe 2 or 3 times with PS4 crew.  For PC I don't even know how that will be possible since my PC is in my bedroom and i'm sure the wife will be pissed talking on the headset at night while she's trying to sleep.  I'll probably have to finally finish my office that is currently invaded by the kid's toys and move the PC there.

5 hours ago, Anzo said:

Having been on both sides now, it just moved to another game as my “addiction game”. In my case it was Hearthstone. Sure there was a little more time for the backlog but that game became the one nagging for my attention. I quit that 2 months ago and look where I am now! ?

Play FFBE on mobile. Screw card games

3 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

lol.. I barely have the will to do it for myself!

I actually watched the video after posting that. @eggydoodescribed it perfectly. The two least favorite challenges combined into one. ?

Looks like you should probably be maxed out power level as well. 

1 minute ago, Anzo said:

I actually watched the video after posting that. @eggydoodescribed it perfectly. The two least favorite challenges combined into one. ?

Looks like you should probably be maxed out power level as well. 

Add one long ass jumping puzzle to those least favorite things!! lol.. I'm sure I will try it at some point but I'm in no rush to go and complete it now.

1 hour ago, bladimir2k said:

Add one long ass jumping puzzle to those least favorite things!! lol.. I'm sure I will try it at some point but I'm in no rush to go and complete it now.

Bullshit. You and I are going to do this today. 

• Haha 1