Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

Eh for people that are like me and casually play it, the few hours grinding for a 600 fully masterworked weapon is worth it.  It will significantly bump up my power level.  I'm 567 last time I checked and I haven't played as much as I did when first released.  If you're already max or close to it and run the raid every week, I can see it as definitely not worth it.

To make it more worth it for the maxed out players, if using my suggestion for reward scaling, have the highest possible levels not only reward power lvl appropriate gear, with a higher chance that their reward is fully master worked. Not a curated role, those can still be random, so people could still get a chance at their "god roll" that is already master worked. That would be worth the farm/grind if nothing else for the master work core farm. 

Also, I love that the haunted forest has quick match making. Reminds me of playing the under ground in Division. Destiny should have the option for match making for all activites. Story quests, daily heroic missions, Adventures, Nightfall, raid, even over world and activities like Blind Well and Escalation Protocol. 

Inaugural Address is the only way I can get by in pvp. Makes the crucible actually fun for me and melts some enemies in pve as well. I guess overall, pvp is a pulse rifle club. Haunted Forest is growing on me. You absolutely have to play it with matching. It's like a mini strike or a combination because of the multiple  bosses and what I hadn't noticed before, the rotating modifiers. 

Oh yeah, match making is a must for haunted forrest. It can be a little repetitive, but it can also be a fun romp for a few playthroughs. In between other activities. The mask abilities unlocks are a fun thing to keep you playing. Makes the grind feel a bit more rewarding. Too  bad there is only 3 sets of abilities. 

Maybe I need to try Inaugural Address in PVP again. 

Speaking of pvp, I feel like supers creating orbs is bugged. I completed my Iron Banner super kills bounty long ago, and only have 15/50. I wasn't even getting 1 orb for every two super kills.

4 hours ago, Brick said:

What's the furthest you guys have gotten in the Haunted Forest? 

Complete branch 7, but after time had run out. Done it many times. All with randoms. I can see where playing it with a fireteam of people you normally play with and communicate with you could easily get much further. I know of groups getting to branch 10 and 11. 

18 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Do you guys think they will wait until Destiny 3 to continue the story with those mysterious ships?

I think in every expansion there's a little story tidbit about those damn pyramid ships. I honestly think that they will save that storyline to conclude Destiny when bungie's 10 year contract is up with activision.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:14 AM, ALIEN-gunner said:

I've completed all the Iron Banner bounties except for the orbs one. Mine was 17/50. I just went ahead and deleted it. Because of pulse rifes PVP is fun again. Especially Inaugural Address. And that one from Gambit "Bygones" I think it's called. (I HATE Gambit)

I swear it looks like I am getting 2-tapped by every Bygone I come across. I need to play more Gambit so I can get that gun. I like the rapid fire Pulse rifle archetype. 

Man, escalation protocol is so fucking stingy. Beat the lvl 7 boss multiple times the other night and only ever go shaders. Not one of the three weapons dropped for me. I really wanna get the shotgun with that trench barrel perk. :cry: maybe I will have better luck this week, but I doubt it. I couldn't get it to drop before Forsaken either. 

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I swear it looks like I am getting 2-tapped by every Bygone I come across. I need to play more Gambit so I can get that gun. I like the rapid fire Pulse rifle archetype. 

Man, escalation protocol is so fucking stingy. Beat the lvl 7 boss multiple times the other night and only ever go shaders. Not one of the three weapons dropped for me. I really wanna get the shotgun with that trench barrel perk. :cry: maybe I will have better luck this week, but I doubt it. I couldn't get it to drop before Forsaken either. 

@NeoJoe ran EP around 80 times before he got the Shotgun. 

15 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I really do not want to EP 80 times to get it. I like that being in the 500s EP can be completed with a group of randoms now. So much easier than trying to coordinate with 8 other people to trick our way into the same instance. 

Hang in there! You'll get it eventually. trust me, I was so ready to give up on it but it's a great shotgun. Honestly, if I didn't have the Sleeper catalyst to work on, I probably would have given up. Also, make sure you're using an exotic ghost that has a chance of giving better loot in public events. It's supposed to help but I'm not the best person to say that as even with it as @Anzo said, took me forever. :p

24 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Hang in there! You'll get it eventually. trust me, I was so ready to give up on it but it's a great shotgun. Honestly, if I didn't have the Sleeper catalyst to work on, I probably would have given up. Also, make sure you're using an exotic ghost that has a chance of giving better loot in public events. It's supposed to help but I'm not the best person to say that as even with it as @Anzo said, took me forever. :p

I have two of those ghosts, I will try that. I wonder if a fire team medallion would help too.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Oh yeah, match making is a must for haunted forrest. It can be a little repetitive, but it can also be a fun romp for a few playthroughs. In between other activities. The mask abilities unlocks are a fun thing to keep you playing. Makes the grind feel a bit more rewarding. Too  bad there is only 3 sets of abilities. 

Maybe I need to try Inaugural Address in PVP again. 

Speaking of pvp, I feel like supers creating orbs is bugged. I completed my Iron Banner super kills bounty long ago, and only have 15/50. I wasn't even getting 1 orb for every two super kills.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:14 PM, ALIEN-gunner said:

I've completed all the Iron Banner bounties except for the orbs one. Mine was 17/50. I just went ahead and deleted it. Because of pulse rifes PVP is fun again. Especially Inaugural Address. And that one from Gambit "Bygones" I think it's called. (I HATE Gambit)

I didn't think of this before but I found a way to earn more orbs besides using super kills. You need to use masterworked weapons which also generates orbs. I wonder if masterworked armor would help?

36 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I didn't think of this before but I found a way to earn more orbs besides using super kills. You need to use masterworked weapons which also generates orbs. I wonder if masterworked armor would help?

Weapons help, sure. Armor doesn't. To generate orbs with your super, multikills with roaming supers are best. Never waste your super on a single enemy, hold it until you'll get at least two guys. If you're a titan, wear the crest of alpha lupi chest piece, then you get an orb for every enemy you kill, even if you only kill one dude. If you're a real good shot, precision golden gun will make two orbs per headshot kill. 

9 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Weapons help, sure. Armor doesn't. To generate orbs with your super, multikills with roaming supers are best. Never waste your super on a single enemy, hold it until you'll get at least two guys. If you're a titan, wear the crest of alpha lupi chest piece, then you get an orb for every enemy you kill, even if you only kill one dude. If you're a real good shot, precision golden gun will make two orbs per headshot kill. 

Do Daily challenges exist anymore?

5 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Doesn't the game keep you at your highest possible power level for engrams even if you switch out equipment?

It should. As long as you did not dismantle it. I had read it should not even matter if it is on another character or in your vault. If your character can equip it, the game will calculate it towards you maximum possible power level.

I only have one master worked year 2 weapon, the Horror Story. I'd have more, but it is so expensive with master work cores, and I need them to infuse my stuff. I like some of the rolls I have on things, and would rather have them at higher power than to be master worked. 

After they add them as rewards for Spider bounties I will probably master work stuff. 

My exotic hand cannon Crimson is masterworked from Y1 and is a good pvp weapon. it's basically a pulse rifle in your hand with unlimited ammo and healing. But it's too late for me I've lost interest in Iron Banner. 

Regarding those pyramid ships at the end of the Cabal Campaign, the only time we ever saw them before were in Destiny 1 concept art. They seemingly also appear in the brief Destiny 2 beginning intro as a shadow slowly approaching the Traveler and are referred to as the Traverlers' ancient enemy. Basically they are The Darkness. 

3 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

My exotic hand cannon Crimson is masterworked from Y1 and is a good pvp weapon. it's basically a pulse rifle in your hand with unlimited ammo and healing. But it's too late for me I've lost interest in Iron Banner. 

Regarding those pyramid ships at the end of the Cabal Campaign, the only time we ever saw them before were in Destiny 1 concept art. They seemingly also appear in the brief Destiny 2 beginning intro as a shadow slowly approaching the Traveler and are referred to as the Traverlers' ancient enemy. Basically they are The Darkness. 

Slight spoiler for Dreaming City regarding the ships:

Spoiler

You also see holograms of them in Mara's throne room.