Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

Usually it’s bottom tree striker that decimates. 

anyways, so Bungie still sucks at skill based match making for competitive. 

I had not played any comp since year one, when you had to play like three matches for Shax at the Farm. 

I had zero comp Glory score. Play the freelance play list so as not to deal with three man fire teams. I lose three games in a row. Win my fourth, barely. Guy sends me a DM that I’m trash. I reply “I know. Stay out of my low ranked matches”

he sent me the message because he was jealous of one of my weapons. But found my response funny. So he invited me to a fire team to play Comp with three people. I come to find out he has already worked his way to Fable. Fucking FABLE. I had zero Glory point, three straight losses, and a negative k/d. Bungie’s match making said, “yeah, March this guy with somebody at 2100+ points.”  

happy end to the story though. Our three man fire team was decent enough I got to Fable last night myself. Counting my first 3 losses, I hit Fable in 17 matches(8 losses in total) and got the God SMG,  Recluse. Surprisingly I held my own too. Usually top 1-2 on our three man team in kills. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 11:18 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

happy end to the story though. Our three man fire team was decent enough I got to Fable last night myself. Counting my first 3 losses, I hit Fable in 17 matches(8 losses in total) and got the God SMG,  Recluse. Surprisingly I held my own too. Usually top 1-2 on our three man team in kills. 

This explains so much.  I actually started playing the team one as a solo instead of freelance and noticed there is a lower skill in that.  I only tried a couple matches with some of the duos I paired up with which i've ended up having to carry to a loss, but i'll keep trying it.  

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

This explains so much.  I actually started playing the team one as a solo instead of freelance and noticed there is a lower skill in that.  I only tried a couple matches with some of the duos I paired up with which i've ended up having to carry to a loss, but i'll keep trying it.  

This week is not so bad for comp really. Several thins working for you. 

-increased Glory

-Many of the sweaty comp try hards are in Iron Banner trying to farm Enhances armor mods

If you can get/build a half decent team you can progress in comp rank quick. Maybe play solo and invite a good team mate or opponent or two and go into standard team comp. 

My experience with freelance has not been a good one so far. I've played probably 4 or 5 matches trying to get Not Forgotten (Luna/NF has ridiculous range for a HC). I feel like its way more competitive. I'm constantly going up against people that are similar skill levels, but my team isn't. I get people who don't work together at all, I made it a point to follow my teammates around so that we could team shot, help each other out. Every time I get in a battle I die, look around and my teammate dips as soon as the battle starts.

I'm going to try doing regular survival while going in solo and seeing how that works for me next time I get on.

My trek to 5500 has been fine so far. I don't expect to actually get to Legend rank but got to Fabled on reset going 8-5. If hitting fabled for Recluse/Luna's/Mountaintop is your goal there has never been an easier time to do it. I'm completely average in PvP and got there easy. I played a few more matches yesterday and am ~2600 now. 

If you are ever curious about what glory your opponents are at, look yourself up on guardian.gg 

You can see your old matches and check the profiles of your opponents. I've been matched with 5500 legend players and 0 glory kinderguardians. Bungie announced this morning that they made some skill adjustments so hopefully there will be less variables now.

I honestly think Bungie needs to factor in what a guardian has unlocked. A guy who just hit fabled may not be a good match for somebody that has already unlocked Mountaintop, Revoker, Recluse, and Not Forgotten. 

any who, I have a build I’ve been using for a bit now with my Warlock that I quite like. It’s not as OP as some Titan and Hunter builds in the current sandbox. But it feels to make things a bit easier. 

Bottom Tree Storm Caller + Getaway Artist + Arc Battery Mod + multiple Discipline mods.

It is pretty much all about using Arc Soul, a lot. With this you consume your grenade for an Arc Soul, and your rift gives you an Arc soul. The cool down is fast enough you can practically always have one out. It is super aggressive in PVE and in PVP it can hit a target up to three bolts per volley. In PVP for 11dmg per bolt. That’s 33dmg per volley. In PVE it clears basic enemies really fast, and decimated enemies with arc shields. 

In PVE it is like having a second gun. In PVP it is like getting an extra bullet or explosive damage. With a fire team getting your arc soul from the rift, in PVE it’s like having 3 more people, and an extra person in PVP. 

13 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I'm past rank 100 of the season. There's nothing left to unlock. You can still rank up but you only get one eververse engram per five rank ups.

It’s every 5 lvls. Ok. Some on Bungie’s forums made me think you didn’t get anything after 100. That’s better than nothing, I guess. I like being able to get stuff I missed in Y2, but I miss getting new stuff every level. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So what does everyone think about Festival of the Lost 2019 so far?

The Tower decorations is a big step up over last year. Other than that it really feels the same. It’s the same activity with the same rules and mechanics. 

I miss getting event engrams each level. Last year I got lots of stuff and barely even had to spend bright dust. People accused it of being “Festival of the Cost”, but that more so applies this year, as there is no way to get this year’s Eververse items without spending some currency. 

last year also gave us the Thunderlord in a quest that took us back to the Cosmodrone for the first time since D1. And the gun just wrecked. 

All in all, it’s just “ok”

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The Tower decorations is a big step up over last year. Other than that it really feels the same. It’s the same activity with the same rules and mechanics. 

I miss getting event engrams each level. Last year I got lots of stuff and barely even had to spend bright dust. People accused it of being “Festival of the Cost”, but that more so applies this year, as there is no way to get this year’s Eververse items without spending some currency

last year also gave us the Thunderlord in a quest that took us back to the Cosmodrone for the first time since D1. And the gun just wrecked. 

All in all, it’s just “ok”

Allegedly, Bungie stated that any FotL items can be bought with Brightdust at some point during the season (guessing either week 2 or the final weekend therein)

19 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Allegedly, Bungie stated that any FotL items can be bought with Brightdust at some point during the season (guessing either week 2 or the final weekend therein)

That’s still the point. They’re not cheap in bright dust, and it takes a lot of bounties to get any meaningful amount. 

what I meant, was you cannot get anything with just engrams you got for free, like last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might be late to the party, but for the PVPers, the grind to Legend on freelance is tolerable. I had the best luck mid-week around 6pm Paciifc. Matchmaking is strange how some games are crazy sweaty with some cake walks sprinkled in. Not complaining, don't know if my heart could take the grind's worth of it.

1 hour ago, emalider said:

Might be late to the party, but for the PVPers, the grind to Legend on freelance is tolerable. I had the best luck mid-week around 6pm Paciifc. Matchmaking is strange how some games are crazy sweaty with some cake walks sprinkled in. Not complaining, don't know if my heart could take the grind's worth of it.

congrats Em! I have given up on legend this season as i have not enough time anymore! 

22 minutes ago, Brick said:

I should have grinded the season pass more. I'm not going to be able to get all those cool looking vex universal ornaments. I only have the gauntlets and boots. :(

I had to force myself to play 3 characters to get it.  It kind of sucks, but i wanted it as well.  I'll probably play more casually on this one.  I have some other games in my back log i've been wanting to play.

• 1 month later...