Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

So I have a few questions. When I started up the game, I already had a Hunter at 270 or whatever light level. I know for the F2P launch they bumped everyone up, but should I have already had a character created? The intro seemed vaguely familiar, so I'm not sure if I played a demo or a beta or whatnot, but anyway, I ended up creating a new character.

I feel a little weird coming into a game I've never played before already being bumped up to lvl 20. Am I going to be missing anything? If I play through the vanilla game, is the game going to level scale? If so, what's the point of the bump? Was there a grind that they wanted to mitigate? Should I even bother getting into the game at this point, or just wait for Ghost Recon on friday?

If you played the game previously I would imagine there would be a character and save on the servers of your old character. If you didn't then that's odd.

You won't miss anything if you're level 20. In fact the higher level you are the better because then you can get max level exotics and legendary weapons, if you're not 750 don't bother maxing out your equipment.

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, Brick said:

A nearly four hour video detailing the complete story of Destiny so far

Alright, so I am so glad I watched this before ShadowKeep. Especially the lore before Destiny 1. Really helped give more weight to the events/revelations so far in ShadowKeep. I’ve been playing Destiny since day one when D1 launched, but because of how lore is found and relayed, much of this was new to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:59 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

You won't miss anything if you're level 20. In fact the higher level you are the better because then you can get max level exotics and legendary weapons, if you're not 750 don't bother maxing out your equipment.

I stand corrected. Loaded this up yesterday and they raised the light level to 900 :o 

32 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

so what class is the best to start with?  ill probably solo most of the time when i can.  ill probably make all three but wonder what will be the best one eventually

Everyone will give you a different answer. You may want to look up some YouTube videos showing off the different races and see which has the abilities you’d think you’ll enjoy more. 

I warlock main. But others swear the Titan is the best class, and their are loads of hunter mains out there too. And even within those there are people that have a preferred subclass and tree they roll with. 

29 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I thought the hard cap was 960. You can only get from 950 to 960 with pinnacle rewards, like Raid or high difficulty Nightmare Hunts.   

This is correct. The only way to get past 960 is with the bonus power provided by the seasonal artifact. All your gear can can only go to 960.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:34 AM, Brick said:

A nearly four hour video detailing the complete story of Destiny so far

I initially ignored this as there was no way I was watching a 4 hour video about a crap story line.

Its really good though. I've learned so much about Destiny's backstory that never gets explained in the game, at least not in a way that I want to approach it.

Just pick at the video, 30 minutes  here, 10 minutes there. Its well worth the watch

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Firewithin said:

so what class is the best to start with?  ill probably solo most of the time when i can.  ill probably make all three but wonder what will be the best one eventually

Titan is probably the easiest.

11 hours ago, Firewithin said:

not sure whats wrong but this completely freezes my system anytime it trys to go to orbit.  it did it trying leave a strike mission and just trying to go from the tower to Earth....

PC?

14 hours ago, Firewithin said:

Titan is probably the most fun as well as the most useful. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but like Apathy said look up some videos showing the differences.

Hunter is probably the most baseline experience, meh grenades, a decent super here or there. Dodging and their jumps are great for PvP

Warlock have some good grenades, great PvE supers (along with 2 really good PvP supers), probably the worst jump of the 3.

Titans.... well read below.

13 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Everyone will give you a different answer. You may want to look up some YouTube videos showing off the different races and see which has the abilities you’d think you’ll enjoy more. 

I warlock main. But others swear the Titan is the best class, and their are loads of hunter mains out there too. And even within those there are people that have a preferred subclass and tree they roll with. 

58 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Titan is probably the easiest.

Melting point is by far one of the most useful, if not the most useful, tool in a team for PvE. Not to mention rally barricades which is pretty much a Rift + Luna without having to sacrifice the exotic slot. Their grenades are also some of the best in the game. The only thing they really lack is a high damage super, they are all really roaming supers which also makes Titans good for PvP too as roaming supers are still ridonkulous.

4 hours ago, Nokt said:

Titan is probably the most fun as well as the most useful. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but like Apathy said look up some videos showing the differences.

Hunter is probably the most baseline experience, meh grenades, a decent super here or there. Dodging and their jumps are great for PvP

Warlock have some good grenades, great PvE supers (along with 2 really good PvP supers), probably the worst jump of the 3.

Titans.... well read below.

Melting point is by far one of the most useful, if not the most useful, tool in a team for PvE. Not to mention rally barricades which is pretty much a Rift + Luna without having to sacrifice the exotic slot. Their grenades are also some of the best in the game. The only thing they really lack is a high damage super, they are all really roaming supers which also makes Titans good for PvP too as roaming supers are still ridonkulous.

Melting point did catch a bit of a nerf in terms of debuff to target. 

Though the Titan Ward of Dawn, the bubble shield, now grants weapons of light. You might see fire teams using this more like in D1 due to the 35% damage buff. Warlock Well of Radiance was reduced to a 25% damage buff, and to cannot stack the damage buffs. 

42 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Melting point did catch a bit of a nerf in terms of debuff to target. 

Though the Titan Ward of Dawn, the bubble shield, now grants weapons of light. You might see fire teams using this more like in D1 due to the 35% damage buff. Warlock Well of Radiance was reduced to a 25% damage buff, and to cannot stack the damage buffs. 

Lose one gain another I guess.

5 hours ago, Chickenstrip you so crazy said:

I absolutely love Vex Offensive - perfect time commitment with multiple loot drops, and it's a fucking blast to play.  

Plus all the bounties to grab from Ikora. Also the fact that they added the ability to buy more bounties aside from those offered day to day is super rad!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chickenstrip you so crazy said:

I absolutely love Vex Offensive - perfect time commitment with multiple loot drops, and it's a fucking blast to play.  

It is fun. I also like the invasions in the moon. 

I do kind of wish it was designed to happen a week later. I haven’t even finished all the new content for ShadowKeep yet, and now there’s a limited time event. Granted it’s like three months, but still. I had not even started to get bored yet. 

Ah well, it will still be there when I get bored with Vex Offensive stuff. 

14 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

okay so I just snagged a cheap copy of Destiny 2 Forsaken legendary collection for xbox1. I bought D2 shortly after it launched way back for ps4, though I don't think I really played it much, but I certainly don't remember it starting me at level 20...what's up with that? 

I think 20 was the level cap before Forsaken released, so everyone that started with Forsaken was bumped up to that. 

Right now you should have been bumped up to power 750. Even if you had not finished a prior campaign, with ShadowKeep all Guardians should have been bumped to 750. 

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It sure would be nice if you could have more than 20 bounties at once.

Between quests and bounties there are 63 slots. So perhaps there are some unwanted quests you can delete to open up some bounties slots. 

Yeah I'd definitely go back through your quests see what you can and can not pick back up from a vendor (IE: Exotic quests) and be sure some aren't locked to specific seasons or game modes in years' past. I deleted like 10 of them myself.

Also, holy balls Risk Runner SMG is the SHIT and so much fun. In a way, its sort of like

ZK9vQtt.png

On 10/13/2019 at 9:19 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but why put a limit?

Because Bungie. 

limits on anything never makes sense in destiny. Like the Vex tokens you can only hold 100 of, there’s only 4 weapon schematics to use them on, and the Vex Offensive and Bounties give you a ton of them. I delete more than I keep to prevent filling my Postmaster with them.