Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

Ran the quest with an LFG group, made it to the final boss room. Man, you want to get there with a lot of time remaining and coordinate supers / elements. The orange bars will fuck you up, need to team shoot and shotgun rush. Really can't fuck around in the jumping puzzle. My two randoms weren't using a mic, there wasn't a single revive from them and we cleared the first two rooms before one of them even made it through the jumping, so we didn't stand a chance. Definitely want two good partners for this. Ideal group is probably arcstrider, tether, hammer. 

50 minutes ago, Brick said:

I have no idea what any of you are talking about since I haven't done the Raid yet haha

Remember the secret black spindle quest in D1? There's a new quest like that in D2 right now. 

Just beat it with a pickup group. Tough but doable, and lots of fun. The worst part is praying for a taken event to appear on Io. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

@Triage and I were a part of that one when Blad got the ship for Anzo. He was pissed. :lol:

lol.....I was trying to remember who I ran it with, thanks for the reminder, for some reason I thought it was @NeoJoe and someone else. Then again I ran it so many times to help people, it's all forgotten memories now. Ha!

1 hour ago, bladimir2k said:

lol.....I was trying to remember who I ran it with, thanks for the reminder, for some reason I thought it was @NeoJoe and someone else. Then again I ran it so many times to help people, it's all forgotten memories now. Ha!

Yeah. You were so happy that you got the ship... and then it all came crashing down when you realized it was on Anzo's account. :(

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Yeah. You were so happy that you got the ship... and then it all came crashing down when you realized it was on Anzo's account. :(

Not to add salt to @bladimir2k‘s old wound but I think I moved on from that ship less than two weeks later. But they were the best two weeks of Destiny ever! 

• Haha 1

Hopefully someone helped you out Anzo!

@NeoJoe and Thom showed me the ways of the D2 Nightfall for my first completion. And a thanks to Bru for the info on how to get Valkyrie kills and where to find those blasted armory codes. 

I also got got a very small taste of the raid last night. I jumped into the opening part to farm orange bars for the Nascent Dawn quest. So much gold! Trump would be proud of Calus’ decorating tastes. ?

• Like 2

PS4 Collector's Edition is $53.57 @ Amazon. Almost pulled the trigger myself just for the bag, but in the end I know I don't need it. Also this made me remember that I had an extra copy of D2 for @Anzo if he ever came back that I had totally forgotten about! Sorry you had to spend money on your copy!

91t+7EOuv-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also if you haven't gotten the whisper (black spindle) make sure you get it next time it comes back around. Apparently it's going to be a beast with the catalyst(see below quote). My understanding is that in order to get the catalyst completed you need to do the heroic version of the whisper around 4 times but it only counts once a week. So assuming the strike comes back every other week it will take 8 weeks to complete? Great for those raid bosses!

"4 shots from the Whisper will do more damage than a Celestial Nighthawk Golden Gun once we have the catalyst "

49 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

PS4 Collector's Edition is $53.57 @ Amazon. Almost pulled the trigger myself just for the bag, but in the end I know I don't need it. Also this made me remember that I had an extra copy of D2 for @Anzo if he ever came back that I had totally forgotten about! Sorry you had to spend money on your copy!

91t+7EOuv-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You had an extra digital copy of the PS4 version? Why I oughta! No worries though I got it on sale for $30 with expansions so it would have cost the same in the end. 

44 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Also if you haven't gotten the whisper (black spindle) make sure you get it next time it comes back around. Apparently it's going to be a beast with the catalyst(see below quote). My understanding is that in order to get the catalyst completed you need to do the heroic version of the whisper around 4 times but it only counts once a week. So assuming the strike comes back every other week it will take 8 weeks to complete? Great for those raid bosses!

"4 shots from the Whisper will do more damage than a Celestial Nighthawk Golden Gun once we have the catalyst "

Realistically, what PL should I be to finish that? Seems like 345 isn't going to cut it at all. 

1 minute ago, Anzo said:

Realistically, what PL should I be to finish that? Seems like 345 isn't going to cut it at all. 

I think level requirement is 380 but the strike is very lenient with time if you do the jumping puzzle fast enough and take the shorcut that im sure 2 good people can carry a lower level guardian.

I thought the quest was returning this weekend, not every second week. 

So Heroic Strikes with randos was an interesting experience. I did 4 in about 2 hours. I felt kind of bad because they recommend 350 and I was 347/348. Well that was unnecessary because there were guys who were lvl 25-27 etc running it. I never checked their PL but no way it could be even close to 350. Inevitably we'd struggle against the boss each time because only 2 were doing any damage. Thankfully we cleared them all though.  

On a related note...what is up with "strikes" just being modified story missions?

50 minutes ago, Anzo said:

So Heroic Strikes with randos was an interesting experience. I did 4 in about 2 hours. I felt kind of bad because they recommend 350 and I was 347/348. Well that was unnecessary because there were guys who were lvl 25-27 etc running it. I never checked their PL but no way it could be even close to 350. Inevitably we'd struggle against the boss each time because only 2 were doing any damage. Thankfully we cleared them all though.  

On a related note...what is up with "strikes" just being modified story missions?

Welcome to destiny 2. Heroics with randoms is the nightmare landscape people envisioned if they opened up nightfalls to matchmaking. The modifiers have been toned down a bit last patch, thankfully, but I can't run them without clan mates anymore. It's nice to have challenging content, but the bulk of the challenge shouldn't be down to whether your randos are drooling simpletons or not :lol:

On a different note....I know it's the wrong time to ask, as i'm assuming people aren't playing pvp at this time, but after the recent update does matchmaking (at least in quickplay) seem better  for anyone else? In terms of the people you are facing? Doesn't seem like you are facing try hards every other game and getting stomped. Even if you are loosing and you are a decent player you are getting a lot of kills and ending up with a high K/D kinda making you feel alright even if you lost. 

3 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

On a different note....I know it's the wrong time to ask, as i'm assuming people aren't playing pvp at this time, but after the recent update does matchmaking (at least in quickplay) seem better  for anyone else? In terms of the people you are facing? Doesn't seem like you are facing try hards every other game and getting stomped. Even if you are loosing and you are a decent player you are getting a lot of kills and ending up with a high K/D kinda making you feel alright even if you lost. 

I can’t compare it to before but I played about 10 matches between Pc and PS4 yesterday and felt it was pretty even. Sure we’d lose a few by a semi large margin but it never felt unfair. 

Im glad it is back to 6v6 but the maps are not very well designed for that though. Too many corridors imo. 

28 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Welcome to destiny 2. Heroics with randoms is the nightmare landscape people envisioned if they opened up nightfalls to matchmaking. The modifiers have been toned down a bit last patch, thankfully, but I can't run them without clan mates anymore. It's nice to have challenging content, but the bulk of the challenge shouldn't be down to whether your randos are drooling simpletons or not :lol:

Perfect example was the worm god strike last night. We were STRUGGLING against the boss. Would get close a few times but the adds would get to be too much with Mr. 27 on the team. Add to that that nobody but me would try for the javelin. Probably wiped 7 or 8 times because I’d be on the opposite side of the Valkyrie and the other two would ignore it. Finally on a run we get him down to a sliver of health. Everything is on ?, adds everywhere. Valkyrie spawns, I run to grab it. I do and two knights are breathing down my neck. Two javelin hits will end him. I throw one. miss. throw a second, hit!I heave the third and final throw just as I am killed. 

Now, Imagine a quarterback heaving a Hail Mary at the last second as he’d getting sacked by two defenders. Well that was me as I heaved the last javelin towards the worm god just as two knights slammed their swords into my skull. That’s was it, I would rage quit if we wiped another time. 

As I was about to give into despair and rage, Just then I see the beast go still and the adds dissipate. It had hit! We emerge victorious. My teammates revive me, I throw out the fireworks emote until it is cliche, loot and tokens rain upon us. We had done it!

That will be the story I tell when my kids ask, “Daddy where did you get that 337 blue sniper?”

• Haha 2