Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

11 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Anybody have a chart explaining all the different versions of Beyond the Light?

Game Pass Beyond Light - Free w/ subscription. 
Beyond Light - $40

Beyond Light + Season 12 - $50

Beyond Light Deluxe - $70

Deluxe comes with seasons 12-15, the exotic pulse rifle w/ ornament w/ catalyst, and exotic sparrow. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Game Pass Beyond Light - Free w/ subscription. 
Beyond Light - $40

Beyond Light + Season 12 - $50

Beyond Light Deluxe - $70

Deluxe comes with seasons 12-15, the exotic pulse rifle w/ ornament w/ catalyst, and exotic sparrow. 

d2_stardust_DE_preorder.jpg
WWW.BUNGIE.NET

Click the title above for information about Destiny 2: Beyond Light's Standard Edition, Standard+Season Edition, Deluxe Edition, Collector's Edition, and Pre-order Bonuses.

They also have a CE and a few other items.

11 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
d2_stardust_DE_preorder.jpg
WWW.BUNGIE.NET

Click the title above for information about Destiny 2: Beyond Light's Standard Edition, Standard+Season Edition, Deluxe Edition, Collector's Edition, and Pre-order Bonuses.

They also have a CE and a few other items.

CE must be a physical release. Digital Deluxe is as high as it goes. 

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

CE must be a physical release. Digital Deluxe is as high as it goes. 

I forgot they also have Stranger Edition with 10" Stranger statue. $130

You can also buy it separately on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Numskull-Destiny-Beyond-Stranger-NS2204/dp/B08C4GZ133/ref=asc_df_B08C4GZ133/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459514488189&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2315625211408074853&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030895&hvtargid=pla-943184022682&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...
pvpthumbign-1594407028275.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

While Destiny 2 will be able to take advantage of faster load time and cross-generation play when PS5 and Xbox Series X/S arrive, the official next-gen upgrade will not arrive until December 2020.

December 8th is the free next gen upgrade release date.

• Thanks 1

As someone that started with this current season and put in far too many hours since, I'm both very excited for all the new stuff, but also bummed that old stuff is going away. I couldn't really care less about my gear being sunset, but some of the old content is among my favorite (like Mars).

I don't know if we should expect any changes to the content staying (like the dreaming city), but maybe it'll liven it up a bit, or at the very least I assume they'll give us more reasons to visit. I feel like I've had a lot less to do in the newer locations compared to the old ones.

I just need to get my Crown completion in. I joined a raid group this weekend that consisted entirely of people who hadn't done the raid before and only half remembered the mechanics. It was kind of great puzzling out the encounters and figuring out how things worked, what to call locations, etc. We spent a while on the last boss, but I couldn't stay long enough to finish it. Still, it was a real fun time.

I'm very much looking forward to experiencing content where the default isn't assuming you've done it 100 times and are greatly over-geared for it.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Season 12 news is what i was looking for since they want you to pay extra for the season it seems fair you would want to know what you're paying for.

As I recall with ShadowKeep they were a bit tight lipped on that season too. Didn’t want to take too much attention from the actual expansion. The activity for the season didn’t even start for a couple weeks after the expansion released. 

season 12 may be the same way. 

According to the roadmap, that's precisely what's happening. The Season of the Hunt will begin a week after Beyond Light launches, or rather the season starts on the 10th with Beyond Light, but the actual seasonal activity starts the following week.

BeyondLight_Launch_Calendar_EN.jpg

6 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That 11/10 - 1/12 uncover Europa secrets tells me Beyond Light will be like Forsaken with more content and activities opening up over time and not everything day one. The first Raid completion will likely open up a whole new area or bring about a change to the environment and encounters. 

That's what I'm thinking, and hoping too. This is supposed to be a "bigger" expansion in the vein of Forsaken after all, and not "smaller" like Shadowkeep was. I doubt we'll get a new area, but I would bet there will be a continuing story throughout the year.

5 hours ago, Nokt said:

Hawkmoon is coming back?

Yes. No word on what's changing with it, if anything, since Bungie has made changes based on not liking random damage to other guns/mods.

12 minutes ago, Brick said:

You don't need to keep shaders in your vault, dude. You can just pull them from your collections.

That I didn't know but I don't use the collections much. I'll probably wait until after the expansion to see if I can buy anything new with glimmer because I already have over 200k before I dismantle all those shaders.

On 11/7/2020 at 5:39 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Monday night seems like it will have a world event before the servers will be taken offline. 

theres a small update Monday at 4pm PST, and Bungie admitted they do have something planned for the Tower before the servers go off. 

many expect it will start 6pm PST. 

Tried to log in and failed.