Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

9 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

I just lost 9 Mayhem matches in a row. :cry: Going from Valor 4 to 5 is a PITA even this weekend. :cry:

edit: Make that 10. :frustrated:

edit 2: OH COME THE FUCK ON! After getting rank 5 you still need ANOTHER 200 points until you can max it out and reset?!? I fucking hate the crucible so much. :angry:

It was the same for me Joe! Just read a post on reddit and a lot of people had the same experience. Tried mayhem and it was the worst imo, so went back to quickplay. In quickplay I felt like i was getting more points when losing/winning, I didn't do the math but the bar seemed to move more for it than mayhem. At one point I think i was put into losing matches 4 straight times. At this point I didn't care and just wanted it to be over.

My last 25 games: I don't think I ever had this bad of a losing streak and k/d before.

vrqC1Ha.jpg

53 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

What do you spend glimmer on when you cap out? 

When I hit cap and don't need glimmer for anything else then I buy mods from the gunsmith. They are 2500 glimmer a piece. I usually buy 20,000 worth and keep doing it again once I cap my glimmer.

17 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

It was the same for me Joe! Just read a post on reddit and a lot of people had the same experience. Tried mayhem and it was the worst imo, so went back to quickplay. In quickplay I felt like i was getting more points when losing/winning, I didn't do the math but the bar seemed to move more for it than mayhem. At one point I think i was put into losing matches 4 straight times. At this point I didn't care and just wanted it to be over.

My last 25 games: I don't think I ever had this bad of a losing streak and k/d before.

vrqC1Ha.jpg

When I hit cap and don't need glimmer for anything else then I buy mods from the gunsmith. They are 2500 glimmer a piece. I usually buy 20,000 worth and keep doing it again once I cap my glimmer.

Keep lowering that ELO so when I play with you, I don't get destroyed.

2 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Keep lowering that ELO so when I play with you, I don't get destroyed.

LoL unfortunately this was on PS4... I also took Valor to legend on PC and that was an enjoyable ride. It was a good 50% win/lose ratio and gameplay is so much better it was a walk in the park after the PS4 rollercoaster. I'm not even mad that some KB/M warriors have an advantage over me because it's still a better experience than console. Honestly I'm about to take my blad bucks to PC exclusively!;)

51 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Sounds like someone needs to git gud ;)

Hide contents

Crucible is bad. Now that I maxed valor once and have everything from iron banner I'm not playing it again until forsaken. 

Yeah IB will be the last time I step foot in there. Not gonna try hard for the ornaments though. If it's too much of a PITA then forget it.

I was actually shocked, I stepped back into Crucible when IB was on (at this time MAYBE around rank 340) and I was consistently in the top of the matches and even coming through with the game winners in the pinch multiple times. The key is to stick with your team and team shoot (which apparently seems to be the meta anyways but it just typically makes sense.)

On 7/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, bladimir2k said:

Added you! Between you, eggy, basementdweller, nokt and myself we have a good small PC group. Maybe we can do a raid in the future.

I like how you forgot about me...not that I play on PC much. :) I despise having none of my shit and having to collect everything all over again. :| I probably would play more if I was running with an actual crew, but that double grind...

I sent over a couple friend reqs on PC. I'm pepitojones#1240 on blizzard.

46 minutes ago, pepitojones said:

I like how you forgot about me...not that I play on PC much. :) I despise having none of my shit and having to collect everything all over again. :| I probably would play more if I was running with an actual crew, but that double grind...

I sent over a couple friend reqs on PC. I'm pepitojones#1240 on blizzard.

I didn't really forget about you, I know you didn't really play it much but figured you would eventually come around! lol.... I gotta admit that the story grind was a drag, but at the same time I was "oohhh look at all the pretty graphics & fps!"  We got @eggydoo and @Anzo on PC, wouldn't mind setting up a PC reset night so we can get our weekly milestones together.

4 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

I didn't really forget about you, I know you didn't really play it much but figured you would eventually come around! lol.... I gotta admit that the story grind was a drag, but at the same time I was "oohhh look at all the pretty graphics & fps!"  We got @eggydoo and @Anzo on PC, wouldn't mind setting up a PC reset night so we can get our weekly milestones together.

Every time I load it up and see the buttery smooth framerate, I die a little inside thinking about playing at 30 on PS4... I'm down for a PC night, and I'll knock out my remaining story crap so I'm fully unlocked.

7 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Do you know all the roles in the raid to actually try to do a run on PC?  I only knew my role and was not even that great at it :p

I’m way behind on PC compared to PS4 but aim to have one character Forsaken ready by release on both platforms. 

We have friends ends in town from Arizona this week so I won’t likely hit my goal of a raid ready PS4 character by this Thursday even. I’m okay with that though. 

As for a set PC night? No clue what I can commit to right now. 

6 hours ago, Brick said:

I somehow only now realized that machine guns are no longer a weapon type in the game. I miss those. I like just unloading a hail of bullets at enemies. I hope Bungie brings them back. 

there is one and it's an exotic in the primary slot.  Sweet Business.

3 hours ago, Anzo said:

302 currently and able to raid. Just in time to drive down to California for the weekend. :P

Maybe next week after reset!

Nice. Who else wants to raid? You'd all need to sherpa me through Leviathan lol

28 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Wow Anzo.  Went from no D2 to playing it on two platforms....

Yup! Collectively getting it on both platforms WITH the expansion passes cost me less than $50 so I figured why not. Run a character on each. 

PS- please help me ?

On 7/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, Brick said:

Any PC players feel like doing the Raid tonight? @bladimir2k? @pepitojones? @eggydoo? @BasemntDweller2

we'll play it by ear for now since i think a lot of us are on different time schedules. I would suggest LFG but that can be a bad experience for someone that hasn't done it before unless you can find a team of sherpas to walk you through.

7 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Patch is out and apparently the servers are Bungie’d lol. At work so can’t confirm. 

their website is down so...lol.  Reddit has some info though.  Looks like you can get Power 400 armor easier now.  Maybe I can finally finish an Escalation Protocol!