~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

Trump executive from the 80s-90s wrote an Op-ed, and surprisingly he ordered people to do illegal things like remove braille from his elevators and people would ignore him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-asked-to-have-braille-removed-from-elevators-in-early-1980s-executive-says/2018/09/12/67d97548-b6a6-11e8-a7b5-adaaa5b2a57f_story.html?utm_term=.6dfa41cdbff8

According to Res’s account, an architect came to Trump’s office to show him designs for the interiors of residential elevator cabs in Trump Tower, which also hosts businesses. He noticed dots next to the buttons and asked what they were, she said.

“Braille,” the architect replied, according to Res.

Trump then told the architect to “get rid of it,” and the architect resisted, saying doing so would be against the law, she said.

“Get rid of the (expletive) Braille. No blind people are going to live in Trump Tower. Just do it,” Trump told the architect, according to Res’s account.

Res, who was a Trump Organization executive from 1978 to 1996, said she learned not to always follow Trump’s orders.

“Some of them you follow,” she told The Post. “Some of them you don’t follow, and you just prepare to take what comes, if anything comes. And the others you fight.”

She said it was possible to convince Trump not to do what he was ordering her to do, but he would resent it and punish her later.

“When you win with him, you always pay some way,” she said.

“He was always saying to fire somebody, or to write this letter to the contractor and tell him this,” Res said, but she said she regarded these seeming orders as just Trump “blowing off steam,” and she wouldn’t follow them.

31 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I have no idea.  It’s always a real treat when she’s trending on twitter 

Ah.

The "Jews should thank Hitler for giving them Israel" argument. Razor sharp analysis there, Susan.

Maybe if we hand a few more SCOTUS seats to the Republicans to prove a point things will get really good.:thumbup:

Keep bitching about the purity of Democrats while Ginsberg gets fitted for an iron lung, you fucking morons.

And then we can listen to people bitch about how Democrats and their 47 seat minority in the Senate didn't fight hard enough to prevent the Supreme Court from attaining a 5 seat mini-Scalia majority.

3 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

This is what greenwald was complaining about. Variety worded it so it would sound like she’s praising Trump, which is why people are freaking out about Sarandon again

Well, she kind of is praising Trump, no? If she's suggesting his negative existence creates forced positive outcomes, you're implicitly arguing that it's a good thing then that the negative existence is there to create the positive forces in turn. I could be missing something, I think it's stupid anyone cares what she thinks. But she's a public figure, so here we are. 

Remember that Trump stooge on Hannity who said her book would show with Sciencey science that Trump is totally the most not-senile president ever?

Yeah, she just got caught(kinda) lying about her credentials(her publisher is trying to take the bullet for her).

The article is worth a read. It does more than just expose some hokey credentials. It breaks down some of her claims:lol:

At times I almost expected her to break out phrenology.

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Remember that Trump stooge on Hannity who said her book would show with Sciencey science that Trump is totally the most not-senile president ever?

Yeah, she just got caught(kinda) lying about her credentials(her publisher is trying to take the bullet for her).

The article is worth a read. It does more than just expose some hokey credentials. It breaks down some of her claims:lol:

If this happens, I know of a podcast host who would love to have her on. 

8 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Anyone know which Fox News segment he was watching?

2 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Is he saying it's illegal to meet with foreign officials? 

It might have something to do with the Woodward book, which fills in some of the details about what was going on in the two weeks or so inbetween when Yates told them about Flynn and when they fired him.

Seems like some whataboutism going on since Flynn did exactly what Trump is trying to claim Kerry is doing(lol, what did Kerry do....tell them "I am just a citizen with no claim to current or future authority, but if you just wait 2 and a half years we'll get this cleared right up!")