~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

18 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Nike saw a 31% increase in online sales, last year at this time it increased 17%, I assume they typically see a spike during NFL start, so people either don't care or it increased their sales slightly.

Probably a bit both. Social Media activism is easy. Most people do not care enough about most issues to actually do something about it. This could just be an up tick due to consumer decline going to retail stores to buy shoes. 

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Nike saw a 31% increase in online sales, last year at this time it increased 17%, I assume they typically see a spike during NFL start, so people either don't care or it increased their sales slightly.

Nike is a millennial brand, those Republicans throwing a temper tantrum do not represent their target audience in any relevant way.  It has been a good year overall for Nike with sneakerheads declaring their Element 87 shoe, the shoe of the year along with the Nike React running line and Zoom Pegasus Turbo doing extremely well amongst runners.  The Pegasus Turbo in particular is a $180 running shoe that has sold out numerous times since its release this summer.  Nike has been releasing a staggering amount of shoes this year in general and retroing a number of shoe lines that haven't seen the day of light since the 90's. 

47 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

At least they know they're deplorable. 

I think they are trying to turn it around, like how libs took "nasty women" and "bad hombres" and embraced it. Of course, the irony here is they don't understand that they aren't actually nasty or "bad hombres" but that Trump is actually deplorable. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think they are trying to turn it around, like how libs took "nasty women" and "bad hombres" and embraced it. Of course, the irony here is they don't understand that they aren't actually nasty or "bad hombres" but that Trump is actually deplorable. 

They have already embraced it.  In fact, they embraced it right after she said it.

10 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I don't know what this means. 

Tallon goes on to cite what many see as Giuliani's worst offense - his failure to provide basic, functioning equipment to the first responders who placed their lives on the line every day in New York City. This failure would prove deadly after the 9/11 attacks, when firefighters were unable to hear radio calls to evacuate the soon-to-collapse towers. "My brother had an antiquated radio in his hand on 9/11," she said. "That means he was deaf, dumb, and blind in that situation."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/deadlineusa/2008/jan/28/giulianisworstnightmare

Anecdote:  We use modern digital radios for comms at work, and there are a lot of blackout spots and you often get a "busy" signal when trying to transmit.  Repeater stations have to be set up to facilitate longer range comms (especially when there are a lot of obstructions, especially metal).  Those repeaters can become useless if they lose power.