~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

He's not going to shut it down. At most, hell likely force the app be sold to a US entity. Speaking of which, Microsoft is interested.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-to-sign-order-demanding-chinas-bytedance-to-divest-tiktok-11596219920

From an anti-trust and monopoly perspective, MS buying TikTok makes more sense than if Google or Facebook tried to purchase the company.

I don't make guesses of what he is or isn't going to follow through with anymore. At the time, I didn't think he was going to build a section of border wall using already allocated department of defense money, but he did, and SCOTUS just agreed that he was allowed to.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

He started getting noisy about this right after the TikTok crowd reserved a fuckton of tickets for his bust-out Tulsa Klan rally.

You know after Herman Cain died maybe the TikTok people did everyone a favor. If that place was packed how many more people would have died?

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'm sure theres some national security clause somewhere that lets him do just about whatever that never had a check put on it cause at the time electing an openly authoritarian moron wasn't thought of.

There's no rule that says a dog can't play basketball.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

What the hell is that bruise on his hand?

Looks like an injection/IV/blood sample bruise.  The hand is a popular spot.

Edit- my only qualifications are having had many IVs and blood draws during my life.  Those damn 5:00 AM phlebotomist vampires love the hand for some reason.

1 hour ago, TyphoidHater said:

Looks like an injection/IV/blood sample bruise.  The hand is a popular spot.

Edit- my only qualifications are having had many IVs and blood draws during my life.  Those damn 5:00 AM phlebotomist vampires love the hand for some reason.

That's what it looks like to me also. Probably needed some labs drawn for phase 3 of his physical - we'll probably hear how he passed the cognitive  test again.

42 minutes ago, emalider said:

That's what it looks like to me also. Probably needed some labs drawn for phase 3 of his physical - we'll probably hear how he passed the cognitive  test again.

Or how his blood passed the cognitive test. "They say it's very hard. But my blood answered the questions right and turned the right color in that little vial. I bet your blood couldn't even do that Bret Baier."

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Or how his blood passed the cognitive test. "They say it's very hard. But my blood answered the questions right and turned the right color in that little vial. I bet your blood couldn't even do that Bret Baier."

They've never seen blood so red. In all history—people say this—so red, so red. Beautiful. Beautiful, really. So—they've never seen it. Never, and it's beautiful.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

They've never seen blood so red. In all history—people say this—so red, so red. Beautiful. Beautiful, really. So—they've never seen it. Never, and it's beautiful.

Little would Trump know that if you are taking blood and it is very red that is a problem because you take blood from veins not arteries and the blood should be darker because it is less oxygenated.  Also as the parent of children that are/were tough to get blood/IV (had to request the neonatal team to get lines in for our Livi and now for Noriegh which use a ultrasound to see the veins) the top of the hand is a good place if your normal arm veins are not the best.

Here's the clip:

Judging from MS's blog post, they're going to grovel sufficiently, but I'm not even sure what Trump means when he says that the US should get a cut, and from whom. MS seems to be thinking of it as "we'll enrich the US by bringing and creating more jobs here as a result of this acquisition," but Trump sure sounds like he expects to be personally handed a check from Xi.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Here's the clip:

Judging from MS's blog post, they're going to grovel sufficiently, but I'm not even sure what Trump means when he says that the US should get a cut, and from whom. MS seems to be thinking of it as "we'll enrich the US by bringing and creating more jobs here as a result of this acquisition," but Trump sure sounds like he expects to be personally handed a check from Xi.

This shit should be calling for an immediate investigation by the house. This will have long lasting damage if ignored.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Here's the clip:

Probably wants Microsoft to give the USA some sort of finders fee. Because clearly that's how this works.

5 hours ago, ort said:

Probably wants Microsoft to give the USA some sort of finders fee. Because clearly that's how this works.

It's mob boss logic, demanding a cut of all the businesses that your underlings engage in.

That whole Axios interview is incredible in the most Trumpian way.

I'm still amazed by how bad he is at even the simple things. I can't think of a politician, even if through obviously gritted teeth, that would fail to acknowledge anything positive about a dead civil rights leader, and instead focus entirely on a petty snub. And that only a few minutes after only wishing the best to an accused child predator.

It continues to be so obvious how much he surrounds himself with only the most capital Y "Yes men." He has a giant bar graph printed out that has 4 whole numbers on it. Have thousands of data points over time? Yeah, a graph is a great way to visualize that data. Have 4 numbers you're comparing? How in the world does that require not only a chart, but a chart that gets a whole page?

Obviously the bigger picture is far more bleak than his simple lack of decorum or his inability to comprehend numbers. He has so successfully immunized himself against the possibility of acknowledging any failure that he's completely incapable of even recognizing a problem, even when it's one of such historic scale. He can't possibly have done anything poorly, therefore there is no problem, therefore no solution is required.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I'm still amazed by how bad he is at even the simple things. I can't think of a politician, even if through obviously gritted teeth, that would fail to acknowledge anything positive about a dead civil rights leader, and instead focus entirely on a petty snub. And that only a few minutes after only wishing the best to an accused child predator.

It continues to be so obvious how much he surrounds himself with only the most capital Y "Yes men." He has a giant bar graph printed out that has 4 whole numbers on it. Have thousands of data points over time? Yeah, a graph is a great way to visualize that data. Have 4 numbers you're comparing? How in the world does that require not only a chart, but a chart that gets a whole page?

Obviously the bigger picture is far more bleak than his simple lack of decorum or his inability to comprehend numbers. He has so successfully immunized himself against the possibility of acknowledging any failure that he's completely incapable of even recognizing a problem, even when it's one of such historic scale. He can't possibly have done anything poorly, therefore there is no problem, therefore no solution is required.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

So after this interview, does anyone still want to assert that he doesn't actually believe we'd have fewer cases if we'd just cut back on testing? 

On 8/3/2020 at 6:25 PM, chakoo said:

This shit should be calling for an immediate investigation by the house. This will have long lasting damage if ignored.

Why? Last time they tried an impeachment they knew they couldn’t win, they looked like fools and pushed Trumps poll numbers up. Trump is hanging him self, I don’t know if there is any real political capital to be gained doing this again right before an election. 

9 hours ago, TwinIon said:

He had graphs, how could you possibly deny that he was right! We’re testing more than anyone!

I somehow watched the whole thing, only because it was nice to see a reporter push back at him, which could never be done in normal press boxes, because he can just ignore your question and move on to fellatio from an OANN reporter.