~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

If at first you don't succeed to nominate a wildly unqualified candidate, try again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-again-plans-to-nominate-john-ratcliffe-as-intelligence-director/2020/02/28/163661fe-5a7b-11ea-8753-73d96000faae_story.html

Trump sought to nominate Ratcliffe last year, but his selection met with stiff resistance in Congress where lawmakers raised questions about his credentials and whether he padded his resume.

It was not clear that Ratcliffe would fare any better the second time. Not only did he face opposition from Democrats, but key Senate Republicans were not enthused about his nomination and signaled that the White House should withdraw it.

Fun fact - The official residence of the Prime Minister of Canada is basically falling apart. No Prime Minister has been able to get repairs done because it would cost millions and it is seen as bad PR to be spending that much on the house of a single family, no matter how important. So successive PMs have been either living there in bad conditions, or have opted to live elsewhere while the house remains empty.

It's a strange situation because the leader of a country should have at least enough of a decent place to host visiting dignitaries, but no one wants to pull the trigger on repairs and renovations because the other parties will attack them for it. My favourite suggested solution is to do the repairs but say that it won't be used as the residence anymore, and instead will become a public museum, and just built a modern home nearby for the PM to use instead (high-efficiency, energy saving, etc).

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Has ANY Q prediction come true?

At this point something vague must have come true. They must have said something impossible to get wrong over a long enough time line like the "markets will go down." I haven't read much on Q in a long time, but I feel like many of the predictions were impossible to verify. The big ones that would be verifiable like mass rioting seem not to dissuade anyone.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:51 AM, CitizenVectron said:

Fun fact - The official residence of the Prime Minister of Canada is basically falling apart. No Prime Minister has been able to get repairs done because it would cost millions and it is seen as bad PR to be spending that much on the house of a single family, no matter how important. So successive PMs have been either living there in bad conditions, or have opted to live elsewhere while the house remains empty.

It's a strange situation because the leader of a country should have at least enough of a decent place to host visiting dignitaries, but no one wants to pull the trigger on repairs and renovations because the other parties will attack them for it. My favourite suggested solution is to do the repairs but say that it won't be used as the residence anymore, and instead will become a public museum, and just built a modern home nearby for the PM to use instead (high-efficiency, energy saving, etc).

Maybe you should elect a “billionaire” PM and hope they do it on their dime. 

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

I know that Millenials take a lot of shit about stuff, but, "Divorced him because of some shit he said about me on his podcast" is pretty damn Millenial.

She was done "playing his wife." Can't wait for the Bravo-esque drama to come out.

popcorn.gif