Jump to content
Jason

~*The Official Thread of Presidential Tantrums and Candy-Throwing*~

Recommended Posts

The monster you've created will eat you.

 

I can't wait for the Indian chant at Elizabeth Warren moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

The monster you've created will eat you.

 

I can't wait for the Indian chant at Elizabeth Warren moment.

White dudes dressing up in full native American ceremonial regalia, all kinds of nasty racist shit like that coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

The monster you've created will eat you.

 

I can't wait for the Indian chant at Elizabeth Warren moment.

 

PO-CA-HAN-TAS!

 

clap clap clap clap clap

 

PO-CA-HAN-TAS!

 

clap clap clap clap clap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

 

PO-CA-HAN-TAS!

 

clap clap clap clap clap

 

PO-CA-HAN-TAS!

 

clap clap clap clap clap

I was thinking more they'd do the mouth flap noise thing like Peter pan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

:hmm:

 

Clearly the people Democrats can win by just avoiding calling them racists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

 

 

Hmm. I wonder what he means by that...

He means the GOP'S mission statement since Goldwater: America is for white people, no one else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

 

 

That isn’t even the worst part. She tells him that her mom and brothers were killed and he asks “where are they now?”....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stepee said:

 

That isn’t even the worst part. She tells him that her mom and brothers were killed and he asks “where are they now?”....... 

That was beyond painful. It's another 18 months of this? ;(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think recent events prove I was absolutely goddamn right in the Ariel thread on the movie board about the 35% aggregate immovable voting block that will always support Trump. They are all on the sliding scale of racist (at least complicitly racist all the way to out and out racist). I'm curious how @sblfilms and @number305 think I'm still wrong on this after all this has happened. 

 

Believe people when they tell you who they are . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think recent events prove I was absolutely goddamn right in the Ariel thread on the movie board about the 35% aggregate immovable voting block that will always support Trump. They are all on the sliding scale of racist (at least complicitly racist all the way to out and out racist). I'm curious how @sblfilms and @number305 think I'm still wrong on this after all this has happened. 

 

Believe people when they tell you who they are . . . 

 

I stand by what I said, I don’t think you understand what motivates support for Trump because you view those who support him in a monolithic way. But we can disagree on this, it isn’t particularly consequential why people support the president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

“The Trump Campaign rented Minges Coliseum, which is available to any for-profit or non-profit group. With this event and with any event on our campus, the University does not control, and is not responsible for, the content of speech,” according to the press release.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But without the electoral college, how will small states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida get any attention during the electoral cycle?!? Literally the only place you'd have to campaign is Los Angeles and New York to win!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

But without the electoral college, how will small states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida get any attention during the electoral cycle?!? Literally the only place you'd have to campaign is Los Angeles and New York to win!!!

I hate this excuse. It’s nonsensical and practically implies that as things are now POTUS bends over backwards for these smaller rural and swing states to ensure their states electoral votes. When the reality is people only act like they care once every four years. 

 

It’s not like states need to use electoral colleges during state wide elections to ensure urban developed areas don’t drown out the voices/needs of the rural population. That’s why they have state and federal congressmen and senators. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I hate this excuse. It’s nonsensical and practically implies that as things are now POTUS bends over backwards for these smaller rural and swing states to ensure their states electoral votes. When the reality is people only act like they care once every four years. 

 

It’s not like states need to use electoral colleges during state wide elections to ensure urban developed areas don’t drown out the voices/needs of the rural population. That’s why they have state and federal congressmen and senators. 

Yes, but the elections of state governor's wasn't designed to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy/ chattel slavery on the national level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yes, but the elections of state governor's wasn't designed to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy/ chattel slavery on the national level.

and you think the electoral college was not and is still not used to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy on a national level? 

 

spacer.png

 

Does this look like a map where there were 3million more blue votes than red?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

and you think the electoral college was not and is still not used to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy on a national level? 

 

spacer.png

 

Does this look like a map where there were 3million more blue votes than red?

My dude do you think I'm disagreeing with you?  I thought my opening post was dripping with snark where 3 of the largest population states that are "swing States" but labeled as "small states". This is based on an actual conversation I've had on Facebook regarding the EC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sblfilms said:

 

I stand by what I said, I don’t think you understand what motivates support for Trump because you view those who support him in a monolithic way. But we can disagree on this, it isn’t particularly consequential why people support the president.

 

We can agree to disagree but they've created the perception of the monolithic view. Even if they support Trump for different reasons, they are complicitly racist so it doesn't matter. That's enough to villify them. I never said there aren't multiple reasons that motivates support for Trump, but various levels of racism is certainly one of them. Literally a woman in North Carolina was interviewed after the Trump rally "send her back" chant and she said Trump says what she feels. Others have said: "cruelty is the point". Like, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I view things monolithically. The evidence is right there. And if you think it's economic anxiety that motivated them, I think that myth has now been debunked by them, not me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...