~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

2 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

The monster you've created will eat you.

I can't wait for the Indian chant at Elizabeth Warren moment.

PO-CA-HAN-TAS!

clap clap clap clap clap

PO-CA-HAN-TAS!

clap clap clap clap clap

I think recent events prove I was absolutely goddamn right in the Ariel thread on the movie board about the 35% aggregate immovable voting block that will always support Trump. They are all on the sliding scale of racist (at least complicitly racist all the way to out and out racist). I'm curious how @sblfilms and @number305 think I'm still wrong on this after all this has happened. 

Believe people when they tell you who they are . . . 

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think recent events prove I was absolutely goddamn right in the Ariel thread on the movie board about the 35% aggregate immovable voting block that will always support Trump. They are all on the sliding scale of racist (at least complicitly racist all the way to out and out racist). I'm curious how @sblfilms and @number305 think I'm still wrong on this after all this has happened. 

Believe people when they tell you who they are . . . 

I stand by what I said, I don’t think you understand what motivates support for Trump because you view those who support him in a monolithic way. But we can disagree on this, it isn’t particularly consequential why people support the president.

“The Trump Campaign rented Minges Coliseum, which is available to any for-profit or non-profit group. With this event and with any event on our campus, the University does not control, and is not responsible for, the content of speech,” according to the press release.

:lol:

12 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

But without the electoral college, how will small states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida get any attention during the electoral cycle?!? Literally the only place you'd have to campaign is Los Angeles and New York to win!!!

I hate this excuse. It’s nonsensical and practically implies that as things are now POTUS bends over backwards for these smaller rural and swing states to ensure their states electoral votes. When the reality is people only act like they care once every four years. 

It’s not like states need to use electoral colleges during state wide elections to ensure urban developed areas don’t drown out the voices/needs of the rural population. That’s why they have state and federal congressmen and senators. 

56 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I hate this excuse. It’s nonsensical and practically implies that as things are now POTUS bends over backwards for these smaller rural and swing states to ensure their states electoral votes. When the reality is people only act like they care once every four years. 

It’s not like states need to use electoral colleges during state wide elections to ensure urban developed areas don’t drown out the voices/needs of the rural population. That’s why they have state and federal congressmen and senators. 

Yes, but the elections of state governor's wasn't designed to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy/ chattel slavery on the national level.

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yes, but the elections of state governor's wasn't designed to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy/ chattel slavery on the national level.

and you think the electoral college was not and is still not used to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy on a national level? 

spacer.png

Does this look like a map where there were 3million more blue votes than red?

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

and you think the electoral college was not and is still not used to insulate, perpetuate, and protect white supremacy on a national level? 

spacer.png

Does this look like a map where there were 3million more blue votes than red?

My dude do you think I'm disagreeing with you?  I thought my opening post was dripping with snark where 3 of the largest population states that are "swing States" but labeled as "small states". This is based on an actual conversation I've had on Facebook regarding the EC

22 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I stand by what I said, I don’t think you understand what motivates support for Trump because you view those who support him in a monolithic way. But we can disagree on this, it isn’t particularly consequential why people support the president.

We can agree to disagree but they've created the perception of the monolithic view. Even if they support Trump for different reasons, they are complicitly racist so it doesn't matter. That's enough to villify them. I never said there aren't multiple reasons that motivates support for Trump, but various levels of racism is certainly one of them. Literally a woman in North Carolina was interviewed after the Trump rally "send her back" chant and she said Trump says what she feels. Others have said: "cruelty is the point". Like, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I view things monolithically. The evidence is right there. And if you think it's economic anxiety that motivated them, I think that myth has now been debunked by them, not me. :)

Stop bitching about the electoral college and support the method that will make it more fair:  Expand the House of Representatives.  It's one of the few things that would work that doesn't require an amendment to the Constitution.  A simple bill that strikes the apportionment act from law would result in hundreds of new representatives and smaller legislative districts.  In turn, it would also result in more electoral votes for each state.