~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He's absolutely right. I'd worry, too, if I had a son, they'd be forbidden from playing football.

I advocate that football at all levels should get rid of the helmet and padding.  They just cause the players to hit each other harder.  As the sport added more and more safety equipment, it actually made the game more dangerous.  

27 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I advocate that football at all levels should get rid of the helmet and padding.  They just cause the players to hit each other harder.  As the sport added more and more safety equipment, it actually made the game more dangerous.  

Doesn't MMA have a lower rate head injuries (and/or less severe head injuries when they do occur, I'm forgetting which) than boxing due to the lack of gloves?

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Doesn't MMA have a lower rate head injuries (and/or less severe head injuries when they do occur, I'm forgetting which) than boxing due to the lack of gloves?

Yes, but the problem is repeated blows to the head, not that they hit each other harder. In MMA they take one or two of those hits and they're lights out, which the brain can handle better long term. It's the same with football, linemen are the most susceptible to it and while the big hits that cause an obvious concussion are the ones we focus on its the repeated blows that are doing the most damage. 

58 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

This is just wrong, dangerous, and ignorant of the history of the game of football and how it has always been played due to its rules

Within the next ten years, the NFL will eliminate hitting all together (wrap-up tackling only) and three-point stance (forcing linemen to have their heads up for every play). Because the studies and news articles concerning CTE are only going to get worse from here on out.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Within the next ten years, the NFL will eliminate hitting all together (wrap-up tackling only) and three-point stance (forcing linemen to have their heads up for every play). Because the studies and news articles concerning CTE are only going to get worse from here on out.

Or they'll just make players sign waivers saying that they know they will get CTE and continue to make butt loads of money.