~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

If a Democratic president had a model immigrant trophy wife with a  thick accent who was as bad at being a first lady as Melania is... the right would be having a non-stop conniption fit. They would lose their shit in a fashion that was previously unheard of.

1 hour ago, ort said:

If a Democratic president had a model immigrant trophy wife with a  thick accent who was as bad at being a first lady as Melania is... the right would be having a non-stop conniption fit. They would lose their shit in a fashion that was previously unheard of.

Michelle showed her upper arms and it was a national calamity.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

SMH that dipshit should have done that years ago when he had leverage. It's not like they're not going to just wait him out or anything

Please, he won't even be that dignified about it. The spineless coward will pull a Collins and let himself get "tricked" into voting for the judges on an obviously bullshit "promise" from McConnell to the Mueller protection vote next. 

5 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

In that same Daily Caller interview, he basically confirms he has no clue how grocery shopping works (and thus contradicting Sarah Sanders) when he said that you need an ID to buy a box of cereal.

It's not the first time he's made that claim about needing ID to buy groceries.

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

In that same Daily Caller interview, he basically confirms he has no clue how grocery shopping works (and thus contradicting Sarah Sanders) when he said that you need an ID to buy a box of cereal.

Remember when ghw bush way just mesmerized by a bar code scanner and was ruthlessly mocked as out of touch?

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Someone needs to ask him how much a banana costs.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

When you use a credit card for a purchase, it's common for cashiers to ask for your ID to verify that you're the cardholder. They're trying to reduce the risk of credit card fraud by matching the information on your ID with the information on your credit card and by matching the picture on your ID with your face.

Merchants suffer substantial losses when thieves make fraudulent credit card purchases. By checking IDs, merchants are simply trying to keep from losing money.

https://www.thebalance.com/no-id-required-for-credit-card-purchases-3974686

I have never once in my life been asked for an ID when using a credit card. Mind you, cashiers never even touch your card in Canada (or debit) to avoid fraud. 95% of my purchases are using tap. All Canadian debit and credit cards contain an NFC chip that just needs to be tapped on the debit machine and the money is instantly charged. If it's over $100 then you need to enter your chip/pin. But tap takes around ~2 seconds to do, and then you are on your way. I remember when I was in the states once and I had to sign my name on a receipt it felt like I was in the 1890s.

40 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I have never once in my life been asked for an ID when using a credit card. Mind you, cashiers never even touch your card in Canada (or debit) to avoid fraud. 95% of my purchases are using tap. All Canadian debit and credit cards contain an NFC chip that just needs to be tapped on the debit machine and the money is instantly charged. If it's over $100 then you need to enter your chip/pin. But tap takes around ~2 seconds to do, and then you are on your way. I remember when I was in the states once and I had to sign my name on a receipt it felt like I was in the 1890s.

The machine at my job doesn't have the tap but we have the chip and we insert the card into the machine. They have to sign or enter pin for every card transaction. I never ask for the ID but I've seen other employees do it. Whenever I go to a couple restaurants I like by my house they ask for my ID every time when I use my card. My ID was expired for about 3 years so I was always worried they wouldn't accept it because I was too lazy to go to the DMV.