~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

24 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Does anyone have even the slightest clue what these tweets are going on about?

I think this is the second time he's talked about CA dumping water into the ocean.

My best guess is that he's thinking about how the flood management (relating to managing rainfall) infrastructure diverts water out to the ocean instead of capturing it, and that he somehow got it in his syphilis-ridden head that this is causing California to have insufficient water to put out the fires.

43% of the party of small government believe the president should be able to shut down news organizations for "bad behavior", lol.  The headline too, Free Dumb.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-poll-43-of-republicans-want-to-give-trump-the-power-to-shut-down-media?source=twitter&via=desktop

All told, 43 percent of self-identified Republicans said that they believed “the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior.” Only 36 percent disagreed with that statement. When asked if Trump should close down specific outlets, including CNN, The Washington Post, and The New York Times, nearly a quarter of Republicans (23 percent) agreed and 49 percent disagreed.

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

43% of the party of small government believe the president should be able to shut down news organizations for "bad behavior", lol.  The headline too, Free Dumb.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-poll-43-of-republicans-want-to-give-trump-the-power-to-shut-down-media?source=twitter&via=desktop

All told, 43 percent of self-identified Republicans said that they believed “the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior.” Only 36 percent disagreed with that statement. When asked if Trump should close down specific outlets, including CNN, The Washington Post, and The New York Times, nearly a quarter of Republicans (23 percent) agreed and 49 percent disagreed.

I'd be curious what constitutes "bad behaviour". I'm assuming whatever Trump says is bad. 

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'm sure these same people would be perfectly fine if Obama had threatened to shut down Fox News.

51 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm sure these same people would be perfectly fine if Obama had threatened to shut down Fox News.

I remember the outrage when the Obama Administration jokingly left off "News" from the Fox News table card at the WHCD.

• Haha 1

Some angry woman posted this quote in the comments section of Fox News to “prove” that Obama was just as down on Fox News as Trump is on everything that isn’t Fox. 

“I think Fox is part of that tradition — it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. It’s a point of view that I disagree with. It’s a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world. But as an economic enterprise, it’s been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number-one concern is, it’s that Fox is very successful.”

Wow, look at that, he’s being so anti-Fox.  Wowsers. What a salacious comment. Exactly like Trump. Why, if you look at everything Obama said about Fox News over 8 years, you can find 3 or 4 similar quotes to this. It’s like, the EXACT same thing... uh...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Man, what a pair of back-to-back tweets. 

How doesn't his base ever get tired of this? Like, Jesus Christ man.

Even if this was something that didn't matter from a real friend in real life I would be telling them to shut the fuck up about it already. I'm tired of this. What more is there to even say? How are they not tired of this? Even if anything he said was true (which, almost none of it is) I would be tired of how often he beats these drums. 

45 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Even if this was something that didn't matter from a real friend in real life I would be telling them to shut the fuck up about it already. I'm tired of this. What more is there to even say? How are they not tired of this? Even if anything he said was true (which, almost none of it is) I would be tired of how often he beats these drums. 

OWNING THE LIBS!!!!!!   :guillotine:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

They're probably not sick of it because they're not actually paying attention to it nearly as much as we are. This is borne out by the fact that Trump was "elected" at all. Anyone who was even half-way paying attention couldn't possibly have voted for him, right? :p 

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

They're probably not sick of it because they're not actually paying attention to it nearly as much as we are. This is borne out by the fact that Trump was "elected" at all. Anyone who was even half-way paying attention couldn't possibly have voted for him, right? :p 

Most people aren't reading his tweets. Many in the news pay too much attention to them.

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Most people aren't reading his tweets. Many in the news pay too much attention to them.

These are true, fair points. 

U.S.-Turkey Relations Will Never Be the Same (Bloomberg)

On Wednesday, Stars and Stripes reported that a group of pro-government lawyers in Turkey have filed charges against several U.S. officers at the Incirlik Air Base, accusing them too of ties to terrorist groups. They are demanding all flights leaving the base be temporarily suspended and a search warrant be executed.

I mean...good. Turkey in its modern state shares almost nothing in common with NATO. It's a piece of trash country with a piece of trash religious culture. Their military held it together for a while to keep it modernized, but that stopped and it's likely going to slide back.

Note - To clarify, it has a trash religious culture in that religion making rules for society is trash, I don't care which religion is doing it.