~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

58 minutes ago, ort said:

This is frog boiling crap right here... if any other president at any other point in our history made statements like that it would be all the world talked about for months.

And he's still fucking going.

Like, I'm trying to keep up with his logic. Manafort, according to Trump, was a guy Trump barely knew but also a big reason why the Trump campaign was as supposedly good as it was but wasn't there long, and he's worked with respected leaders like Reagan and Dole even though all these old politicians screwed everything up for us #DrainTheSwamp, and I didn't collude, but if I did it's not illegal, but if it is illegal, it was good for the country but I think Hillary did it and that's bad.

Something like that?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Why exactly is he saying that Hillary Clinton proactively sought out dirt from the Russians? Did I miss something? 

As far as I can tell, it's a pure, "you're the puppet", fantasy.

Like, even more so than the normal bullshit with a razor thin justification or conspiracy theory. Literally his only justification for saying Hillary wanted dirt from Russians is because people are saying he wanted dirt from Russians. It's like someone said he had testicular cancer so he said nuh uh, Hillary has testicular cancer.

18 minutes ago, ort said:

It only has to make enough sense for his idiotic supporters.

He's the king of morons.

This is one of the areas where I really see Christians(particularly Evangelicals) and Trump voters overlap.

This exact kind of triage, whatever gets you through the next 5 minutes of argumentation no matter how strained or intellectually dishonest discourse that Trump has rode into the presidency is exactly the same argument I had for years with Biblical literalists.

It doesn't matter how much they contradict themselves, or make razor thin arguments. They already know what they want to believe. They just have to Gish Gallop away until you get tired of spending 10 times the effort to knock down each claim they pull out of their ass. 

I actually think the skeptical community, while largely anti-Trump, has dropped the ball on connecting the dots that when you concentrate a group like Evangelicals into one party, and they make up a significant chunk of that party, and their religion teaches them not just bad things to think but bad ways of thinking, eventually you are going to get a group very susceptible to a charlatan like Trump.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Like, even more so than the normal bullshit with a razor thin justification or conspiracy theory. Literally his only justification for saying Hillary wanted dirt from Russians is because people are saying he wanted dirt from Russians. It's like someone said he had testicular cancer so he said nuh uh, Hillary has testicular cancer.

No, he--and the GOP in general--is trying to draw an equivalency between Trump trying to get stolen Hillary campaign documents from the Russians, and Steele (whose work, remember, they're pretending started with DNC funding, not Republican funding) talking to Russians to ask them if they knew anything about Trump having connections to Russians.

It was not the first time that a congressional investigation had been used as a tool for destroying someone’s reputation. Whenever a scandal hit Washington, opponents used subpoenas, classified evidence, and theatrical public hearings to spread innuendo, confusion, and lies. Senators Grassley and Graham declined to be interviewed for this article, but in January Grassley, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, gave a speech on the Senate floor defending the criminal referral. He noted that Steele had drawn on Russian contacts to amass the dossier. “Who was actually colluding with Russians?” Grassley asked. “It’s becoming more clear.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/12/christopher-steele-the-man-behind-the-trump-dossier

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

"Look you can ask our client anything except about what you're investigating our client about. Ask him about his golf game. Ask him about how much he loves his wife. Anything but obstruction."

Trump is so utterly incapable of helping himself or keeping his mouth shut for his own good that he'll start blabbing regardless of what he's actually asked, which I'm sure is the thought that's been driving Rudy to all the daydrinking we've been witnessing.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

Here are three things that are definitely the same

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Putting Dijon mustard on a hamburger is tantamount to treason... if you're black.

This has always puzzled me.

We serve dijon mustard at Arby's. I sometimes like A1 sauce on my hamburger.

In what universe is putting dijon mustard on a hamburger "fancy"?

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

What set Acosta off?

He doesn't tend to be a firespitter, from what I've seen of him.

Judging by the time stamp and this involving Acosta, probably some segment on Hannity's show about Acosta and his treatment by Trump supporters at his Tampa rally.

7 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

This has always puzzled me.

We serve dijon mustard at Arby's. I sometimes like A1 sauce on my hamburger.

In what universe is putting dijon mustard on a hamburger "fancy"?

It's people who are too stupid to realize the old Grey Poupon commercials were a joke.