~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

America's most accomplished General could have won the war in Afghanistan according to 45:

Our culture is being destroyed and our history and heritage, both good and bad, are being extinguished by the Radical Left, and we can’t let that happen! If only we had Robert E. Lee to command our troops in Afghanistan, that disaster would have ended in a complete and total victory many years ago. What an embarrassment we are suffering because we don’t have the genius of a Robert E. Lee!

19 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

That is a man who's broke.  He has to fly a small private jet, is selling the lease on his hotel.  I wonder how far we are away from cutting ribbons for used car dealership openings in the midwest.

He is also doing PPV wrestling commentary or whatever. He and Lee make quite a pair; two of the biggest losers in American history.

13 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

He is also doing PPV wrestling commentary or whatever. He and Lee make quite a pair; two of the biggest losers in American history.

LOL imagine paying money for a show and then you hear Trump doing the commentary. 

Just now, Jason said:

LOL imagine paying money for a show and then you hear Trump doing the commentary. 

"...and so the punch goes wide Claudia Schiffer you remember Claudia Schiffer she told me that I was the strongest puncher she ever saw the strongest and that I could have beaten Mike Tyson in his prime and I said Mike Tyson? Very strong. Very large. Wide man and she said yes Donald since she called me Donald we were very close she said that I could have punched the lights out of him and I would have been the champion grown men coming up to me tears in their eyes saying Donald you must be the strongest the tallest the best."

• Haha 5

Trump commentating on a last minute Belfort/Holyfield fight feels right to me. The original fight was cancelled less than a week ago because Oscar De La Hoya caught COVID. California wouldn't sanction the new fight because Holyfield is almost 60 so they moved the fight to Florida. There's even some guy named Kavanaugh hyping the fight for the promotion.

11 minutes ago, mrbiggsly said:

Trump commentating on a last minute Belfort/Holyfield fight feels right to me. The original fight was cancelled less than a week ago because Oscar De La Hoya caught COVID. California wouldn't sanction the new fight because Holyfield is almost 60 so they moved the fight to Florida. There's even some guy named Kavanaugh hyping the fight for the promotion.

But California was going to sanction it before Holyfield got COVID?

7 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Grant was a far better general, leader, and man than Lee and the only reason he isn't remembered as such is due to Lost Cause bullshit.

That's the case for all Confederate generals. They tended to be hyper-focused on cavalry charges and winning glorious battles that ultimately didn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. United States generals like Grant, Sherman, and Meade generally had a much better grasp on the big picture of the war.

Grant gets remembered as a butcher for the casualty rates in the Army of the Potomac at the end of the war, which ignores 2 things: 1) By that point in the war, in Virginia specifically, mostly gone were the Napoleonic open field marching battles - the war had more or less turned into trench warfare. In trench warfare, the attackers always suffer more casualties than the defenders. 2) as cold as it was, Grant and Lincoln knew that they could afford to replace men they lost. The Confederate army could not. If you have numbers, use them.

At any rate, Grant, Sherman, and Meade kept a logical if not cold view of the entire war. They weren't just focused on winning this battle or that battle.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

But California was going to sanction it before Holyfield got COVID?

The fight was originally Belfort/De La Hoya in California. De La Hoya got COVID a week ago so they scrambled to find a replacement (Holyfield). California wouldn't sanction Holyfield because he's 58 so they moved the fight to Florida.

16 minutes ago, mrbiggsly said:

The fight was originally Belfort/De La Hoya in California. De La Hoya got COVID a week ago so they scrambled to find a replacement (Holyfield). California wouldn't sanction Holyfield because he's 58 so they moved the fight to Florida.

Why the heck does a state government need to get involved in a boxing match?   

8 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

uh

This is an interesting one. I wonder how Trump's white evangelical supporters are going to react if they knew he delivered a speech to the church of a self-proclaimed messiah. They'll probably fake news it, but it's also one of those things that this group of followers will be very sensitive to.

53 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is an interesting one. I wonder how Trump's white evangelical supporters are going to react if they knew he delivered a speech to the church of a self-proclaimed messiah. They'll probably fake news it, but it's also one of those things that this group of followers will be very sensitive to.

So are we talking the Korean of Trump being the self proclaimed Messiah here?

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

So are we talking the Korean of Trump being the self proclaimed Messiah here?

Trump certainly enjoyed being called a messiah a few years ago, but I'm talking about the Moons here and by that I mean the founders of the Unification Church. I only know about this church so much because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how a friend of my wife's, a young white girl living in Massachusetts, got caught up in this church.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

The Moonies have been bankrolling Republicans for a long time:

The GOP has been in bed with nutty conspiracy theorists for a long, long time.

10 minutes ago, CayceG said:

HW was huge in with the Moonies because their leader was a CIA asset in South Korea and a vehement anti-communist. 

I always just assumed that because you can easily look up who these people are in the Internet these days, Republicans sort of shoes away from publicly acknowledging them. Then again, that could very well be the case in 2021 and nobody gave Trump the memo because he wouldn't be able to read it anyway.

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Wait, what happened with the fight last night?

An ancient man being exploited by unscrupulous promoters got knocked out in a very short amount of time, likely suffering a TBI, thereby proving once again that that  'sport' is worthless because if it were a real sanctioning body the fight itself would not have gone forward due to the danger in it. 

Oh, and because it was so short, Trump barely got any time to commentate. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

An ancient man being exploited by unscrupulous promoters got knocked out in a very short amount of time, likely suffering a TBI, thereby proving once again that that  'sport' is worthless because if it were a real sanctioning body the fight itself would not have gone forward due to the danger in it. 

I saw this headline and decided I didn't want anything to know about the fight...

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Trump certainly enjoyed being called a messiah a few years ago, but I'm talking about the Moons here and by that I mean the founders of the Unification Church. I only know about this church so much because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how a friend of my wife's, a young white girl living in Massachusetts, got caught up in this church.

I genuinely think these people are beyond caring. His team gassed a bunch of people for the stupidest bible photo op and none of them cared. Short of Trump converting to Islam they're not going anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I genuinely think these people are beyond caring. His team gassed a bunch of people for the stupidest bible photo op and none of them cared. Short of Trump converting to Islam they're not going anywhere.

Yeah, but a lot of those gassed people were black. They don't count. Your are right, though, they won't care.

18 hours ago, CayceG said:

In most states, it wouldn't get sanctioned, but this is Florida, and Bugs ain't sawing fast enough.  The places where actual big fights happen, Vegas, Cali, NYC, would never, ever sanction this nonsense. But like any sport, its only as good as its sanctioning body. And Florida's sanctioning body is right in line with everything else in Florida.

I'm a long time boxing fan, and as soon as I saw this being promoted, I knew Florida would be the spot. Hell, California barred him for diminished performance almost 2 decades ago, ffs. I didn't watch live, no way im paying to see this fucking nonsense, but the videos that came out afterwards were just sad. And the pre-fight vids that came out of him hitting pads... That alone should have ended it.

The whole thing was the disgusting exploitation of an old man already suffering from TBI.