~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean switching to plastic bills where the denominations are different sizes like any country with a lick of common sense. :p

Oh then yes I agree. :p Put in braille markings and maple syrup scents like Canadian money has too.

"How the hell did Sidney get in the building?" White House senior adviser Eric Herschmann grumbled from the outer Oval Office as Sidney Powell and her entourage strutted by to visit the president. 

President Trump's private schedule hadn't included appointments for Powell or the others: former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne, and a little-known former Trump administration official, Emily Newman. But they'd come to convince Trump that he had the power to take extreme measures to keep fighting.

As Powell and the others entered the Oval Office that evening, Herschmann — a wealthy business executive and former partner at Kasowitz Benson & Torres who'd been pulled out of quasi-retirement to advise Trump — quietly slipped in behind them.

11 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
3962.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

A remarkable BBC documentary reveals the startling reality of meeting the president

:facepalm:

Like May, Turnbull had important issues on his mind, in this case steel tariffs. Taking his chance, Turnbull collared Trump, who was obsessing about something else. “Donald said: ‘Malcolm, do you want to see my SCIF? It is so cool.’ I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he was talking about a boat [a skiff]. We turned around a corner and there was this big steel box about the size of a shipping container.”

Trump pulled Turnbull into what turned out to be a “sensitive compartmented information facility”, an ultra-secure communications hub, with the new French president, Emmanuel Macron, also in tow.

"He said: ‘This is so cool – when you’re in there, nobody can hear you, not even the Chinese. It’s so secret.”

Just lmao what a fucking child

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I don't know the complete history of how bad his takes are, but the most recent ones reek of Trumpism.

To bring it full circle, John Oliver's progenitor, Jon Stewart, brought Tucker Carlson to the forefront of political ridicule when he went on Tucker's CNN show in 2004 and took the man (and the whole political talking head media thing) apart, live on telivision:

1 hour ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I don't know the complete history of how bad his takes are, but the most recent ones reek of Trumpism.

I can't watch the video as it doesn't show up because it's not available in Canada, but given CayceG's response is it John Oliver's show from Sunday night? 

32 minutes ago, CayceG said:

To bring it full circle, John Oliver's progenitor, Jon Stewart, brought Tucker Carlson to the forefront of political ridicule when he went on Tucker's CNN show in 2004 and took the man (and the whole political talking head media thing) apart, live on telivision:

This was when Tucker was still a moderate conservative. Somewhere along the line he realized there was no money in that.

36 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Well one thing consistent from then until now is when Jon grilled them about being entertainment and not news, Tucker had no defense and kept trying to say the classic conservative rebuttal "but you, but you, but what about you!"

I’m kinda glad tucker carlson is being taken more seriously in a way, but I just don’t know what you do about it without risking ending up promoting his eventual run.

I’ve especially hated that dude before I even knew what he was about beyond usual shitty conservative shit, just the utter contempt he obviously had for his audience as well as the people he’s trying to put his audience against.

People like Hanity are just buffoons (holy shit that’s a weird looking word) but tucker is pretty masterful at making it very very clear the message he’s sending without saying it. He gets closer to the line of actually saying it and he still covers himself.

Dude is indoctrinating millions of people to radical white supremacy a night, it’s crazy. The language he uses as he dances around it is just terrifying, I can seriously only watch so much of him, even the John Oliver clip was too much.

I imagine at some point Fox might have to dump him but idk if that’s going to actually have a happy ending. 

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

This was when Tucker was still a moderate conservative. Somewhere along the line he realized there was no money in that.

Tucker also hasn't let anyone argue live who could get the better of him since.  I like to think he's smart enough to not try and run for President, that he's printing money and doing well in the right wing pundit world.