$$$ The Official SFLUFAN HQ2 Contest $$$

Chris-

The writing is on the wall for our good friend, Wade...His city is infested with MAGA chuds, his roommate is drinking her own pee, shots are regularly fired outside of his luxury condo, and now Amazon is moving in next door. It's not a good situation, especially for Inuk.

The good news, however, is that change is on the horizon.

This thread is to officially announce Wade's interest in establishing his own HQ2, escaping the DC metro hellscape for greener pastures (metaphorical and/or physical). Interested candidates should state their case for why Wade should move to their city, with the grand prize being that Wade will actually move to your city (and let you play with Inuk).

This is not a joke: Wade will actually move to your city. He's a 'federal contractor', which is literally the most amorphous job imaginable; he could telecommute from fucking Antarctica for all anyone really knows. 

I don't want to come in with a low-ball pitch/offer/bribe, so I'll let you gentlemen go first. 

• Haha 3

Allow me, if I may, to win this thread.

Here’s a map of the US / Canada, color coded by the percentage of Slavic people per state / province.

Slavic_ancestry_in_the_USA_and_Canada.pn

Everything not gray is DQ’d based on the percentage of Slavic people.

Canada and Utah are out based on the proliferation of white people. Let’s also discard Hawaii due it its proximity to Japan. Alabama and Georgia are Florida adjacent, so they’re a hard pass. Wade doesn’t seem like the type to tolerate anything Carolinian, so NC and SC are cooked. Tennessee is ALSO getting Amazon’d, so fuck Tennessee. Oklahoma is where dreams go to die after having been on life support in Arkansas, so they’re gone, too.

This leaves us with Kentucky and Louisiana. Kentucky, like his Virginia, is a commonwealth and there IS comfort in the familiar. Yet it is also home to Mitch McConnell, noted tentacle twat.

This brings us to Louisiana. New Orleans doesn’t seem like his speed, which leads us to Baton Rouge.

Therefore, Wade’s new home is Baton Rouge, Louisiana. QED, Fin, a play in three acts.

• Haha 4

New Orleans is just too fucking hot in the summer. I was only there for a week in the French Quarter and woke up to 108F every morning at mid June. I think with humidex we got to 142F once or twice. 

I did like Austin, Texas and I have a cousin who lives there. Sure it gets hot in the summer but you have lots of cool shit happening there.

or another vote for the Toronto. Greener pastures with legal weed, but we now have 2 sports teams that is giving us championship hope. The Blue Jays is another story but I like wearing their gear

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Here’s a map of the US / Canada, color coded by the percentage of Slavic people per state / province.

Canada and Utah are out based on the proliferation of white people. Let’s also discard Hawaii due it its proximity to Japan. Alabama and Georgia are Florida adjacent, so they’re a hard pass. Wade doesn’t seem like the type to tolerate anything Carolinian, so NC and SC are cooked. Tennessee is ALSO getting Amazon’d, so fuck Tennessee. Oklahoma is where dreams go to die after having been on life support in Arkansas, so they’re gone, too.

This leaves us with Kentucky and Louisiana. Kentucky, like his Virginia, is a commonwealth and there IS comfort in the familiar. Yet it is also home to Mitch McConnell, noted tentacle twat.

This brings us to Louisiana. New Orleans doesn’t seem like his speed, which leads us to Baton Rouge.

Therefore, Wade’s new home is Baton Rouge, Louisiana. QED, Fin, a play in three acts.

Wade could always go back to his island roots and move to Puerto Rico.

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is the best post on d1p in at least the last two years.

• Thanks 1

Ok, time to throw Pittsburgh’s hat into the ring. 

- A competent NFL franchise

- A nice selection of ethnic restaurants. Don’t want your food cooked by a white man? No problem!

- I live here

- Lower COL; you will live like a fucking God Emperor on your salary

- Since I live here, I will dog sit Inuk literally any time you need 

- Many good pillows

Kal conveniently left out the lower third of North America from that map. I was just there two weeks ago visiting my wife's family and let me tell you, I did not see a single Slav, there is enough hot sauce to make your butthole weep, and the COL makes Louisiana look pricey.

21 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I don’t know how anyone lives in Philly. The traffic is terrible. 76 sucks nuts. 

Compared to the DMV traffic here in Philly is a joke.

Philly is affordable, has an amazing food scene, arts for days, and is super convenient.  It's like the ultimate rest stop between D.C. and New York.  You're never more than a couple hours from anywhere that matters.  The public transport is solid.  And it's stacked with history.  Tons of festivals and events all year.  Live music somewhere pretty much 24/7.  Incredible parks systems; Fairmount is huge.  Lots of green space.  The bad rap it gets about it's sports fans aside, Philadelphia is actually a pretty great town.