"We even got the black kid to throw it up" Bunch of white Wisconsin HS students give a Nazi salute in photo, district investigating

DryQIDjUcAIS7D-.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/12/us/baraboo-high-school-nazi-salute-trnd/index.html

Baraboo police tweeted that they are assisting the district's investigation since being made aware of a "controversial photo of a group of high school students."

Not everyone in the photo is participating in the gesture. Jordan Blue, a student in the top right of the image whose hands are not raised, told CNN the photo was taken as students gathered at a local courthouse for professional prom photos.

"The photographer said to raise your hand, but he didn't say a specific way, and my peers should not have raised it in the specific way that was the offensive way and hurtful way," Blue said.
Blue said the gesture made him uncomfortable and scared.

"It was a scary moment, and it was very shocking and upsetting, and it was a huge misrepresentation of the school district and the community of Baraboo," he said.

34 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

"They even got the black kid to wave!"

Seems legit.

They’re just waving...

...the camera just happened to catch their hands all standing straight up at the same position at the same time because everyone synchronizes their waving.

Just now, Jason said:

Iowa is only Yankee on the barest technicality doe.

I'm not sure how you classify a Northern state, then.

New York has also elected Peter King haw many times now? I'm sure I could dig up some more if I wanted to take the time. I also recently read an article about people in Illinois, Michgan, etc displaying Confederate flags, which I totally do not understand. 

The South sucks in some very special ways, but we, by no means, have a monopoly on shitty racist people. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm not sure how you classify a Northern state, then.

New York has also elected Peter King haw many times now? I'm sure I could dig up some more if I wanted to take the time. I also recently read an article about people in Illinois, Michgan, etc displaying Confederate flags, which I totally do not understand. 

The South sucks in some very special ways, but we, by no means, have a monopoly on shitty racist people. 

I'm like 50% just trolling, and 50% saying that "the south doesn't have a monopoly on shitty racist people" doesn't mean it's not worse in the south.

Let's not pretend the north isn't a racist shithole either, it's just what flavor of racist shithole your prefer.  

The south is what you'd call your traditional racist.  A bunch of useless poor white trash clinging to the only thing no one can take from them which is their whiteness and the feelings of superiority it brings.  They erect monuments to their racists and their racist past because they've got nothing else worth remembering.  The south is like the local former quarterback that went all state but now is an out of shape drunk working at his dad's gas station with his old trophies still on display and won't shut the fuck up about some touchdown pass he made three decades ago.  The only thing keeping him going is the notion of what life could have been, and he's too clueless to realize it never would have happened in the first place.  

The north however, is your fair weather racist.  They know enough to hide their shame, but it will pop up when they feel safe or in fellow company.  Often it will be disguised as "irony" or "humor" or some other such bullshit and they'll scoff at the notion that what they're doing is racist or offensive.  They're not some confederate flag waving dullard, they're educated and above those things.  They'll justify their beliefs with Joe Rogan esque theories and similar freshman year bio/psych trash they can find.  They're neither better or worse than their southern brethren for while they're at least smart enough to know they shouldn't broadcast it loudly, they're too chickenshit to admit to what they truly are and will cling to whatever invented justification they can like liferaft outside the Titanic.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm like 50% just trolling, and 50% saying that "the south doesn't have a monopoly on shitty racist people" doesn't mean it's not worse in the south.

If anything, the way that @LazyPiranha characterized "Northern racism" makes it actually worse than that which is prevalent in the South.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The south doesn't care how close blacks are, just how high they get (socially, in the power structure). The north doesn't care how high you get, just how close you are (see massive redlining in Milwaukee and Chicago as examples)

That argument might hold some water if it weren't for the fact that some southern states still have segregated proms.  

WTF is the white power OK sign? Isn't that the circle game?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Circle Game

Circle Game
A game for two or more players in which one player makes a circle with his/her hand (sort of like an "OK" sign, or similar to the American Sign Language letter F) below their waist and attempts to get the other player(s) to look at it. If at least one other player looks at the person's hand in while it's making this sign below the waist, the person who got the others to look at their hand gets to punch all of the players who saw the circle, generally in the arm/shoulder area. This is generally a game that's played all day and out of the blue. The idea is to catch the other player(s) off guard and get them to look at the "circle" below your waist to get the privilege of punching them.

circle-game-2.jpg

Edit: I now see that everyone on twitter is also saying that and it totally took over any conversation.