Took me 12 years to get my second tattoo

Triage

I've been wanting couple of new tattoos but haven't had the time. Today I finally got my second tattoo something to represent my wedding to be. 

Last tattoo I had was 12 year ago! My next one which I've been wanting so bad is Xenomorph on my back.

Anyone with tattoo plans? Or has gotten a new one recently??

200aat1.jpg

• Like 4

I need to finish my 2nd sleeve. Its been a 1/2 sleeve for around 10 years now. Stupid me, I waited so long and now I may need to have some of it recolored bc it will look faded compared to a new tattoo. I also need to finish my body (torso) suit. I have my full chest and back done...just need to get my stomach and ribs finished. Gonna need some touching up on my chest piece bc some of the coloring faded completely out. Also have a 1/2 leg sleeve and the inside of my lip.  

I actually dont have many pics of my tattoos.. but here some of back and chest ( before it and my one sleeve was finished):

000_0022.jpg

adam.jpg

1 hour ago, Slug said:

I have a plan to finish my right forearm, but I need an artist for the design.

That's why I'm holding off on Xenomorph because I want a really good artist. 

2 hours ago, kittykat said:

I have one tattoo and I'll get it removed one day. I don't want any more. I definitely didn't think it through lol. 

What is it?

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

I need to finish my 2nd sleeve. Its been a 1/2 sleeve for around 10 years now. Stupid me, I waited so long and now I may need to have some of it recolored bc it will look faded compared to a new tattoo. I also need to finish my body (torso) suit. I have my full chest and back done...just need to get my stomach and ribs finished. Gonna need some touching up on my chest piece bc some of the coloring faded completely out. Also have a 1/2 leg sleeve and the inside of my lip.  

I actually dont have many pics of my tattoos.. but here some of back and chest ( before it and my one sleeve was finished):

000_0022.jpg

adam.jpg

dude you got fucking santa claus tattooed on your chest

@atom631 I cannot imagine the pain and the recovery process and trusting someone not to mess up the art work! What's your motivation for so much? Story? Appreciation for art work? Just curious.

I love body art and respect it. And regarding people getting tatts on their face, I wouldn't personally get any but I won't go judging people who do or call them stupid. Actually few months back a mayor next town over made a comment about it and then an older gentleman approached with tatts on his face. Raised his kids and married to his wife longer than some of us been around telling his story and then mayor issuing public apologies saying he'll never judge again. Now the tatt guy is well known and respected in the town with more class than some people in the town. My highly recommended spine surgeon had tattoos all over him and respected mine when cutting into my spine around my back tattoo. 

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Except you can never take it off. That's why I don't want a tattoo. 

I wouldn't get something I don't care about. Both tattoos symbolize important stages in my life. My first one I got 12 years ago and I don't regret it. But wherever reasons people get theirs (or chose not to) it's their prerogative their body. 

22 minutes ago, Triage said:

I wouldn't get something I don't care about. Both tattoos symbolize important stages in my life. My first one I got 12 years ago and I don't regret it. But wherever reasons people get theirs (or chose not to) it's their prerogative their body. 

Well, I did say i generally have no issues with people who get tattoos :p

They're just not for me. 

Face tattoos are dumb because they're going to limit your job opportunities in life. I guess it's fine if you're going for a career as a tattoo artist, but most employers will turn you down if they see that. I don't really care if people want a tattoo on their face, though. I wouldn't date someone with a facial tattoo, but that's me. 

13 hours ago, Triage said:

That's why I'm holding off on Xenomorph because I want a really good artist. 

Yeah, I know pretty much exactly how I want it to look and the specific style for it.  The trick is finding an artist that can pull it off.  I've already got my guy to do the ink, I just need to art done.

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Face tattoos are dumb because they're going to limit your job opportunities in life. I guess it's fine if you're going for a career as a tattoo artist, but most employers will turn you down if they see that. I don't really care if people want a tattoo on their face, though. I wouldn't date someone with a facial tattoo, but that's me. 

I have 2 rules when it comes to tattoos.

1. Nothing below the wrist or above the collarbone (i.e. nothing you can't cover up with a suit if needs be)

2. No womens' names that aren't a daughter or "Mom".

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

They're just not for me. 

What do you think of people with cultural facial tattoos like Polynesian tribal tattoos for example?

8 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

What do you think of people with cultural facial tattoos like Polynesian tribal tattoos for example?

Well, my post seemed fairly clear on my thoughts about facial tattoos. I would assume if you live in a culture where facial tattoos are common, you'd be fine. I still don't find them attractive, though. 

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, my post seemed fairly clear on my thoughts about facial tattoos. I would assume if you live in a culture where facial tattoos are common, you'd be fine. I still don't find them attractive, though. 

How do you feel about women who have eyebrows tattooed on their face? 

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

They're just not for me. 

I don't think I would date a person with face tattoos either or at least I don't think I would. One of the artists at the tattoo parlor said he never wanted to date a girl with tattoos and now he's in love with a tattoo artist and she has two full sleeves. I never thought I would have one and then got one age 28. My mom at age 73 is wanting a tattoo of a rose :lol: 

Jobs have gotten more relaxed regarding tattoos. I asked my boss if it would be an issue and he told me regional has a full sleeve (regional bank manager). 

My daughter Sophia got hired she has already 13 tattoos which does bother me because I think she's so young and she will regret half of them. She has one that when I saw it I litterly cried. To me it has to make sense and have a meaning but I won't judge if people go crazy with them (only issue I have is my own kid because I don't want her to regret later). 

2 hours ago, Slug said:

I have 2 rules when it comes to tattoos.

1. Nothing below the wrist or above the collarbone (i.e. nothing you can't cover up with a suit if needs be)

2. No womens' names that aren't a daughter or "Mom".

Yes to both. No one will even know I have tattoos at work. And gosh no names unless it's my kids. My daughter and her fiance got each other's names tattooed all the parents lost their shit! I had to calm down everyone and I stayed chill because it was after the fact and it was too late but I too was upset. 

3 hours ago, Slug said:

Yeah, I know pretty much exactly how I want it to look and the specific style for it.  The trick is finding an artist that can pull it off.  I've already got my guy to do the ink, I just need to art done.

So here's a stupid question. Can the artist and ink guy be two different people? And can you trust ink guy that cannot pull off the artwork him/herself? 

11 hours ago, Triage said:

@atom631 I cannot imagine the pain and the recovery process and trusting someone not to mess up the art work! What's your motivation for so much? Story? Appreciation for art work? Just curious.

I love body art and respect it. And regarding people getting tatts on their face, I wouldn't personally get any but I won't go judging people who do or call them stupid. Actually few months back a mayor next town over made a comment about it and then an older gentleman approached with tatts on his face. Raised his kids and married to his wife longer than some of us been around telling his story and then mayor issuing public apologies saying he'll never judge again. Now the tatt guy is well known and respected in the town with more class than some people in the town. My highly recommended spine surgeon had tattoos all over him and respected mine when cutting into my spine around my back tattoo. 

Im a bit of a masochist. I actually enjoy the pain of getting a tattoo. The only areas where I was like..ok, this fucking hurts - is right in my armpits and my throat. Your armpit is basically a giant gland...and running the tattoo gun across it was pretty bad. For the throat, I had to lay on my back with my head hanging off the edge of the table. I then had to tilt my head back so it pulled the skin really tight on my throat b/c theres no bone behind it. That was uncomfortable and painful at the same time. Around the nips, directly over the spine and collarbones were uncomfortable but not terrible. 

As for how and why? I was a hardcore punk kid growing up. So around 13 years old I was heading to shows and I was fascinated by all the older heavily tattooed kids I saw. So when I was around 16 I got my first one on my leg. From there, it just kind of spiraled out of control. Only my very first one had any meaning. Like everyone who gets one, thats usually the case for the first couple. After that, I really didnt pay too much attention to the meaning and just got shit that I thought looked cool. I became friends with my tattoo artist over the years and even a few of them were just drunken fun hanging out.. like the one inside my lip. 

My back was inspired by Gustav Dore - Paradise lost. Its actually not complete. It ends right above my ass crack. If you look, you can see the demons coming up from my boxers. basically, over my ass and down to my knees were supposed to be all the demons coming up from hell. And all the angels descending down from heaven. one day i will finish it. 

Old Man Winter was inspired by Slayer artwork I saw on one of their tours.  Found a cool drawing of Old Man Winter online and asked my artist to do their own spin of it. 

I would say that I dont LOVE all my tattoos. Some of them are actually not good. But IDK. Each one reminds me of a specific time in my life, so I wouldnt ever look to remove them or anything. 

The only tattoo I actually regret is the tip of the crown on Old Man Winter because it goes up my throat. Now that Im actually a working man schlep who occasionally has to get into a suit and present quite often to colleagues and customers... Its really fucking hard to find a good undershirt that has a tight collar that doesn't stretch! It barely sticks out but I know instantly when someone catches a view of it. Anything I was talking about goes completely out the window and they are fixated on my throat. LOL. 

3 hours ago, Triage said:

So here's a stupid question. Can the artist and ink guy be two different people? And can you trust ink guy that cannot pull off the artwork him/herself? 

Most of my tattoos were done by the same guy.  I found a guy I like and I stick with him.  As far as the art is concerned, it's not really his style.  He does a lot of amazing artwork that gets turned into tattoos, but I'm looking for a style that's pretty specific.  Once I have the art, having him ink it isn't a problem; at that point it's basically really skilled paint by numbers, you know?

12 hours ago, Triage said:

I don't think I would date a person with face tattoos either or at least I don't think I would. One of the artists at the tattoo parlor said he never wanted to date a girl with tattoos and now he's in love with a tattoo artist and she has two full sleeves. I never thought I would have one and then got one age 28. My mom at age 73 is wanting a tattoo of a rose :lol: 

Jobs have gotten more relaxed regarding tattoos. I asked my boss if it would be an issue and he told me regional has a full sleeve (regional bank manager). 

My daughter Sophia got hired she has already 13 tattoos which does bother me because I think she's so young and she will regret half of them. She has one that when I saw it I litterly cried. To me it has to make sense and have a meaning but I won't judge if people go crazy with them (only issue I have is my own kid because I don't want her to regret later). 

isn't your daughter like 19? 13 already? 

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

isn't your daughter like 19? 13 already? 

Yeah :( some are simple words. She has one big one on her tight. She has couple tattoos I'm upset about. She had her nipples pierced, chest dermal, nose. She had the chest dermal removed recently though and was refused tongue piercing.

This one is my favorite:

21l4yvq.jpg

I had a half sleeve planned back in October, but cancelled due to not really enjoying the idea of what I came up with.

I have 6 random tattoo's across my body. Mostly hidden beneath clothing and my wrist most people don't even notice.

@Triage Those lines look clean, its a well done tattoo.

@atom631 I love the all togetherness of your tattoo's. Something I've been planning to do is connect them all of my tattoo's in some way that I like. However the older I get the less I enjoy the pain and lose the desire all together to get anything done.