Toy Story 4 - Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Reviews)

SaysWho?

See Toy Story 4 in theatres Summer 2019!

Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Inside Out,” “Up”) and Mark Nielsen (associate producer “Inside Out”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.

• Guillotine 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

But why?! TS1 had a sufficiently satisfying ending to the movie series.

But why?! TS2 had a sufficiently satisfying ending to the movie series.

But why?! TS3 had a sufficiently satisfying ending to the movie series.

FTFY

Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Inside Out,” “Up”) and Mark Nielsen (associate producer “Inside Out”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Toy Story 3 was the best of them all. If this one is within the same ballpark, that's all the justification it needs.

I think it will be emotional again... or at least it is shooting for it.  There is a story that Tim Allen couldn't make it through a script reading without crying.

• Sad 1

Meet Ducky (voice of Keegan-Michael Key) and Bunny (voice of Jordan Peele) in this new teaser trailer for Toy Story 4. See the film in theatres June 21, 2019.

Woody’s journey in “Toy Story 4” includes a visit to a carnival where he meets Ducky and Bunny, two carnival prizes who are eager to be won. But when their plans are rudely interrupted by Woody and his friends, they find themselves on an unexpected adventure with a group of toys who have no idea what it feels like to be tacked to a prize wall.

“Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, who voice Ducky and Bunny, are two of the most brilliant minds I’ve ever seen,” said director Josh Cooley. “Of course, they are effortlessly funny, which would be enough. But they are incredible actors that understand story. Their improvs weren’t just for comedy sake, they were story motivated which elevated Ducky and Bunny and the film to a level I never could have expected.” 

• 2 months later...

Watch the new Big Game Ad from Toy Story 4. See the film in theatres Summer 2019!

ABOUT "TOY STORY 4": 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Honestly, I’m down. Apparently the screenplay is so emotional that the cast had a real difficult time finishing the ending.

Heard the same thing.

A lot of this seemed similar -- detached from home, Woody wondering about his place -- but I feel like this could actually go to new places. It actually got me hyped, and I had no expectations.

It's also nice to see the characters introduced in Toy Story 3.

• 2 weeks later...

In a recent interview with EW, Toy Story 4 director Josh Cooley confirmed that Rickles’ voice would in fact be featured in the film, evidently by both permission and request of his family. Cooley also tweeted this link opens in a new tab the news on Thursday.

“Of course we loved Don obviously, and after he passed, his family contacted us and asked if there was any way that we could create a performance using the recordings that we had,” Cooley tells EW. “Now, he signed to be in Toy Story 4. Unfortunately we did not get a chance to record him for the film. But we went through, jeez, 25 years of everything we didn’t use for Toy Story 1, 2, 3, the theme parks, the ice capades, the video games — everything that he’s recorded for Mr. Potato Head. And we were able to do that. And so I’m very honored that they asked us to do that, and I’m very honored that he’s in the film. Nobody can replace him.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...