Good morning fellow gamers { 1 year later update }

HardAct

Hello guys,

Thanks for all the kind words and support. It means alot, so humbling. I've been off social media for awhile, my wife and I are in shock still.

Yes we had insurance! We still owed what the replacement cost was, but it will be paid off at least and we wont have a 1200 dollar mortgage payment hanging without a house to live in. Things are moving in slow motion, and at times I feel I cant take it. I have never accepted any form of charity, never ever. 

My mom set up this https://www.gofundme.com/100-Loss-to-Fire-Magalia-CA GoFundMe account and I feel sick posting it. Were living in a motel literally with just the clothes on our back. I wont drown you all with the details on my son too, only that he is termanal and that added to the fire is crushing us. Still no word on insurance claim. I'm kinda at a loss for words.

Funny, 7 days ago I was complaining about my gaming backlog. I just want to fucking wake up. Thank all of you, I'll try and stop in more. So many kind people amazing.

Recap: the fire now has leveled the towns of paradise and magalia (our home), kill 50, burned 150k acres, and a whopping 7600 homes. 

Thanks all,

Glenn sullivan aka HardAct

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

I'm so sorry man. That is a terrible story, and I wish you guys the best.

Honestly you shouldn't feel bad posting that GoFundMe link. People on this site specifically are chomping at the bit to help- It makes us all feel better being able to do so, and if that is able to make it one iota easier for you then that's a small victory.

• Like 1

Honestly, regardless if your house is insured and all the other items are insured,  $10k is not nearly enough for the amount of rebuilding (after insurance) that its going to take to return to "normality".  I think your goal is set too low and hope that you raise far more than the currently set goal.  

Thanks guys, I cant stop crying just reading what people say.

You'll all notice that I didnt include much  more on my son, but I'll fill you all in as that's the biggest hurdle we face. We didnt want to add it to the funds description. It just sounds so unbelievable!

He has stage 4 glycoma brain tumor and I still can barely talk about it, but typing is better. My wife worked for feather river hospital (it's mostly burned down too) and worked in ex-ray so she sees this shit daily. Its inoperable but with good reaction to radiation and kemo he has a 50% chance to live 14 months. I know some might dought this, but its 100% true. If you want to look up my gone address it was 14269 skyway magalia ca 95954. Were trying to tackle house and car insurance, red cross registration, maybe FEMA info all with just phones, and each other. Biggest one two punch I've ever had the experience dealing with. We will then try and move somewhere closer to him (hes almost 4 hours away in yreka ca.) To be closer to him during this! Well be around here until we can deal with this half, then concentrate on him. 

Lots of love guys, thanks so much. Just the kind words have really picked me up so much, appreciated more than you'll ever know!

What's so sad is it's still only 35% contained and threatening even more people. Simply a brutal event!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Please stay strong for your family and keep us posted on how we can help. I'm getting paid tomorrow and I will donate as well. I'm so sorry to hear about your son I'm a mother of two and I can only imagine what you and your wife must be going through. Please PLEASE seek support I have couple of friends that lost kids at a young age. Surround yourself with people that can help support you and your wife. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

@HardAct curious to know how old is your son? 

He is 32, with 3 small kids. I'm a old school gamer from the beginning. Hes our oldest,  So hes not young per say, but still our baby. Seeing him fade so fast is a gut punch. My youngest kid (daughter) 22 lost her home also, barely made it out while driving through flaming neighborhoods fleeing to chico ca.

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you, man, I can't even imagine. Keep up your strength as best you can, and don't feel bad in the slightest for the GoFund me, you're carrying a burden few have to, and I think we're all just happy to help. Just donated and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Also I know this probably isn't even remotely in your mind now, but when the time comes when you're thinking of looking towards some of the gaming-related goods that were lost please let me know. I work for Playstation and I'd like to do whatever I can to help replace whatever I can of what you lost.

• Like 1

I will have to wait until next week to donate. In the mean time I got out the link to the gofundme on everyone that came to my stream tonight. A few said they will be carrying on and helping with the outreach of the link in theirs. We live a few hours away. If you need something in the mean time. Please feel free to ask us. 

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry all this is happening @HardAct . I can't even fathom what your family is going through on either front. We're here for you to vent if you need us. Stay strong. I just donated as well and once you get back on your feet, I have a PS4 with a 1TB drive I was going to sell but I'm happy to send it to you instead. Just let me know. Big hugs, brother.

You guys are fucking incredible!

I've never been a social media guy, ever. Meaning, liking / sharing, daily posting lifestyle events, etc. Always been kinda private. My wife is, but not me. Funny note. I've only ever been on facebook a few times! I do/did have a facebook page, but I didnt make it. My wife did to cheat on farmville way way back in the day.....lol

Believe it or not D1P and its past versions have really only been my media escape. I read alot, I do visit Ign.com some and stuff like that, but this site and you "geeks" (no offence) has really been all I've ever needed.

I do love gaming and always have. All my kids are quite competitive gaming wise and it's always been a good release.

I'm overwhelmed by your support and thank each and everyone one you. I have just my phone, and I'm quite slow fingered (that came out wrong, OR DID IT?) I honestly from the bottom of my heart, had mixed emotions on liking the fund here, as like I said I've personally never asked for help! My mom did what she did, and I'm grateful. I'll be on much more soon, and look forward to all the electronic, gaming, chatter, and  Comaraderie this site has in spades!

Side note: I wasnt left with no nothing. Even though I lost 2 xbox ones x, 2 ps4 pros, my gaming PC, etc. I did have my switch in my truck. So late nights I've been trucking through diablo 3, dark souls remastered, and the new mario. Only cartridge i have is donky kong but it's enough. I dont have the dock obviously, but sooner than later I'll have a place of my own again. One good thing gaming wise, is I had switched to almost entirely digital, so when I do finally get a new xbox one x (it will be white finally!) And a new ps4 pro, 80% of all my games this generation will be available again. As will my Steam library. God I will miss by high speed internet as hot spots and hotel wifi suck....lol

Thank you guys, our plan is to get through all the legal shit, insurance shit, and move closer to my son during his treatment that starts in 1 week. It's an easy move, as I honestly have just 3 large boxes and my dog to my name right now. Easiest move EVER!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH,

Your friend Glenn / HardAct /Sullivan

Plz forgive grammar, spelling, I'm trying!

• Like 9

On 11/11/2018 at 2:29 PM, SFLUFAN said:

@HardAct = I just PM'd my phone number to you if that's an easier way to communicate now.

Dude!

You've done so much to help me I cant seem to find the words we are feeling

I plan on thanking each and every one of you soon as possible. For now, to all of you. Thanks for making us not feel so alone in this, thanks for so many kind words and well wishes. We feel like we have a HUGE family.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

22 hours ago, MDSRocker said:

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you, man, I can't even imagine. Keep up your strength as best you can, and don't feel bad in the slightest for the GoFund me, you're carrying a burden few have to, and I think we're all just happy to help. Just donated and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Also I know this probably isn't even remotely in your mind now, but when the time comes when you're thinking of looking towards some of the gaming-related goods that were lost please let me know. I work for Playstation and I'd like to do whatever I can to help replace whatever I can of what you lost.

Unbelievable offer, dont even know what say or how to say it. D1P'ers are unbelievable! Thanks so much!

11 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry all this is happening @HardAct . I can't even fathom what your family is going through on either front. We're here for you to vent if you need us. Stay strong. I just donated as well and once you get back on your feet, I have a PS4 with a 1TB drive I was going to sell but I'm happy to send it to you instead. Just let me know. Big hugs, brother.

Wow!

I honestly get choked up reading through these! 

No, I haven't even thought about how / when / where I'm going to replace my loved playstation 4 pro. Your very kind. Right now, my truck isnt the place to be storing or lugging around a ps4 right now. I will remember all this kindness . . .  

1 minute ago, HardAct said:

Wow!

I honestly get choked up reading through these! 

No, I haven't even thought about how / when / where I'm going to replace my loved playstation 4 pro. Your very kind. Right now, my truck isnt the place to be storing or lugging around a ps4 right now. I will remember all this kindness . . .  

It's only a regular PS4 but if you want it, it's yours. Just let me know. :)

I don't even lurk here anymore, so I don't even know why I stumbled upon this site Monday but I'm glad I did. Sheesh man, sorry to hear of all this shit. I tried to reach out to you in the ways I know how but I know how things are kind of shit for you. Really sorry to hear about it. So goddamn you for making me post here again! I had an eye surgery pretty much right after reading this Monday so I am having a hard time reading this thread right now. And don't even get me started on the gofundme site. Light grey on a white background?! Can't read that shit! Hopefully I filled everything out right...

So I'm up late in fuckin' pain but that's all peanuts compared to what your family is going through so I really feel for all of you. Glad we have a link to help you now. I dropped you a couple, hope it helps you and your family a little bit, and I wish you all the best getting back on your feet.

Folks: Glenn is a straight up good guy. Thanks for helping him out!