Mueller Season 3: The End Game

On 3/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, Anathema- said:

Well, the overt looting of the country would stop; along with the overt demagoguery, incitement to violence,and aggressively stacking the federal agencies with people designed to dismantle them... Assuming pence isn't also a Russian agent. 

You are foolish if you think Trump is a Russian asset.

A willing dupe, sure. Not an asset though.

20 minutes ago, CayceG said:

We all know this. I want to hear what GambleGuy here thinks the difference is. 

Because if you're fucking pigs as a funny joke or because it's ironic or whatever, you're still a pig fucker. 

I believe he has benefitted Russia unwittingly. The idiot thinks he's an actual genius. to be an asset, I feel he'd have to be doing it willingly. I dont believe he's working with Russia, just hat he's an idiot who makes shit up as he goes. 

22 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I believe he has benefitted Russia unwittingly. The idiot thinks he's an actual genius. to be an asset, I feel he'd have to be doing it willingly. I dont believe he's working with Russia, just hat he's an idiot who makes shit up as he goes. 

Useful Idiot is the term that describes this. And being an asset means that you bring benefit to the other party. Your intention to do so, notwithstanding. 

I mean, look literally no further than the INF treaty. Trump's action of pulling out of the treaty directly benefited Russia. 

If he was knowingly a Russian asset he should be removed from the presidency and spend the rest of his life in jail. If he was an unwitting asset he should be removed from the presidency and spend a life in jail for all the other financial and tax crimes he's committed.

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Both of those stories are quite important, I think.  For the Rosenstein story, I wonder if when Barr was fully briefed on the Mueller investigation, he was like "lol, nope.  This is all your's Rod!".

Did any of the "Rosenstein is leaving soon" news every come directly out of his own mouth? 

I am getting the vibe that there is big stuff going on behind the scenes right now.

Trump's weekend tantrum, his team's behind the scene talk of evoking privilege, last week's House vote to release the report and Trump's Tweet jumping on board.

I don't know if Trump has seen it himself, or he's got a loyalist giving him Cliff Notes. I don't know if it's a final report or a big speaking indictment. But I think Trump has been made aware of something big Mueller has in the barrel.

That House vote last week and Trump taking credit for Republicans joining in really reminded me of those numerous times Trump said he was totally pysched yo fo ab interview with Mueller. He says it right before he does the opposite.

Edit: The more I think on it, I think one or more of the progeny(or progeny-in-law) is goan git indicted.

19 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Dems are trying to manage expectations, just like Trump is by setting the standard that anything short of a one on one call between him and Putin discussing collusion is a nothing burger.

By setting up the low bar that many have that there may not be a report at all, that there may not be bombshells, etc it gives them more room to rightfully make a big deal about it when Mueller reports/indicts other wrong doing.

Put simply, Trump wants to do a victory lap if "all" Mueller does is indict Jr., Kush, the Trump campaign, the Trump inauguration, and Barron.

Dems want to be able to say, "I wasn't expecting Mueller to indict all these people an organizations in Trump's inner circle. This is HUGE."

On one hand, Americans should be ashamed that they allowed the frog to to boiled that they see the indictments so far, much less any incoming, as a nothingburger.

On the other hand, Trump always had a bit of a built-in advantage because Mueller wasn't going to indict him almost no matter what, which leaves Trump an opening to claim victory if he set the bar low enough.

13 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Ive been saying the same to everyone I know for a long time now. Liberals around here acually think the Mueller report will put Trump in prison. :lol:

Case in point.

6 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Literally no one thinks this.

I’ve had conversations with people who believe it. I don’t think it is wide spread though.

I'd say I've been impressed with how much the investigations have accomplished so far. Anyone expecting Trump in handcuffs being carted off to prison aren't playing the odds, but I think all of us should rightly be excited with everything that's already happened, and if more is to come, regardless of how much more, that's an absolute :feelsgood: in my book. 

56 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

@Kal-El814is ready for weeks of “I told you so”ing the CEB.

I’d get no kick from that particular champagne. Folks circling Trump’s drain ultimately ending up in the sewer is good stuff, the notion that this would ever hit Trump itself always felt like a long shot, which is why I eye roll’d at the feels abuse. 

30 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Literally no one thinks this.

I don’t know that this is practically true? Plenty of people seem to think that Mueller’s report would provide proof of collusion with Russia and / or meaningful campaign finance violations. The outcome of that might not be actual prison time, but people haven’t been stroking their dicks over this for so long because their expectations are measured and reasonable.

15 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’d get no kick from that particular champagne. Folks circling Trump’s drain ultimately ending up in the sewer is good stuff, the notion that this would ever hit Trump itself always felt like a long shot, which is why I eye roll’d at the feels abuse. 

It should feel good to see guys like my avatar behind bars.

I've felt good every indictment and I stand by all of it. :p