Mueller Season 3: The End Game

It is interesting that Cohen keeps pushing off his testimonies to congress.  Could it be related to the (potential) Mueller report release?  Is Mueller asking/telling Cohen to delay public testimony until after the report is finished, as to not taint the investigation? 

One can fap, I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It is interesting that Cohen keeps pushing off his testimonies to congress.  Could it be related to the (potential) Mueller report release?  Is Mueller asking/telling Cohen to delay public testimony until after the report is finished, as to not taint the investigation? 

One can fap, I suppose.

I had always written off claims of the investigation wrapping up when people kept predicting it,  but Cohen's testimony to Congress is one of the hints that made me start believing the rumors this past month or so that Muller was wrapping up in Feb. or March.

The fact that the Dems haven't really made a stink about the delays, I think, indicates it is probably tied to the release.

Maybe Mueller wants Don Jr.'s indictment to be a BIG surprise :sun:

Does Schiff know something about what is coming? He just wrote a letter published in the Washington Post, addresses to the GOP Congress members:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/adam-schiff-an-open-letter-to-my-republican-colleagues/2019/02/21/9d411414-3605-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.fd0108bac09f

But the attack on our democracy had its limits. Russian President Vladimir Putin could not lead us to distrust our own intelligence agencies or the FBI. He could not cause us to view our own free press as an enemy of the people. He could not undermine the independence of the Justice Department or denigrate judges. Only we could do that to ourselves. Although many forces have contributed to the decline in public confidence in our institutions, one force stands out as an accelerant, like gas on a fire. And try as some of us might to avoid invoking the arsonist’s name, we must say it.

I speak, of course, of our president, Donald Trump.

Laying the groundwork for giving them an out, or for impeachment?

Roger Stone Placed Under Gag Order Over Instagram Post With Judge In Crosshairs

Finally, Mr. Stone, who is under indictment on charges brought by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, said he had picked out the photo from a group of several that were provided to him by a volunteer he could not name.

During a 90-minute hearing in Federal District Court in Washington, Amy Berman Jackson, the judge in the photograph, was having none of it. Openly incredulous at Mr. Stone’s inconsistent explanations of the Instagram post, she issued a gag order intended to force him into public silence about the criminal case against him.

For one of the few times in his 40-year career as a Republican political trickster, provocateur and attack dog, the irrepressibly loquacious Mr. Stone had nothing to say in reply.

God, this article gets a :feelsgood: from me.

“I am kicking myself over my own stupidity,” he said. “Forgive me the trespass.”

He said he was suffering from extreme emotional and financial stress. His savings were exhausted, he said, and his business as a public commentator and consultant, which once earned him $47,000 a month, had dwindled badly.

lol, $47,000 a month had dwindled... why'd he exhaust his savings and on what planet do you not save when making that much a month when many people don't make that much in a year?

“I am having trouble putting food on the table and paying the rent,” he said.

6e6BEWH.gif?noredirect

He said he posted the Instagram image without thinking that a photograph of Judge Jackson that appeared to include the cross hairs of a gun sight might threaten the safety of the judge or others. “I can’t rationalize my thinking because I wasn’t thinking,” he said.

The judge firmly rejected that explanation. As a veteran political propagandist, she said, “Roger Stone fully understands the power of words and the power of symbols.” She added, “There is nothing ambiguous about cross hairs.”

Judge Jackson said Mr. Stone was so obviously eager for public attention that only a strict gag order would curb him from using his public platform to incite his followers with incendiary comments. Although he insisted he was deeply sorry for his actions, she said his apologies rang “hollow.” And she said his “evolving” story about the origin of the Instagram post was not credible.

I liked this part @SaysWho?

“Mr. Stone could not even keep his story straight on the stand, much less from one day to another,” she said. The lead prosecutor in the case, Jonathan Ian Kravis, an assistant United States attorney, also accused Mr. Stone of dissembling when he insisted that he could not remember who might have given him photos of Judge Jackson to choose from.

“You cannot remember the names of all the volunteers who worked for you four days ago?” he asked.

Listening to Stone makes me wonder about a legal question I had never considered before. If a witness testified that A is true, and then later testified that B is true. If a prosecutor can't prove either A or B is true can they still get a perjury charge on the grounds that the witness must be lying about something even if we don't know which?

Yeah the Stone thing is hilarious... like one commentator on CNN said yesterday,  he got a reality check. He's spent so many years bullshitting his way through Washington and playing all of this like a game that he went too far and got called on it. Even with that,  The Judge STILL went easy on him because most folks would get locked up for far less than an implied threat to a Federal Judge.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah the Stone thing is hilarious... like one commentator on CNN said yesterday,  he got a reality check. He's spent so many years bullshitting his way through Washington and playing all of this like a game that he went too far and got called on it. Even with that,  The Judge STILL went easy on him because most folks would get locked up for far less than an implied threat to a Federal Judge.

He can't help himself, he'll do it again

34 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Reminds me of video game news where companies annoyingly make announcements about announcements.

Only now we are making announcements about non-announcements because of a previous erroneous announcement about an announcement.

Or to putting it another way...

BREAKING NEWS: NOTHING EXPECTED TO HAPPEN NEXT WEEK.

• Confused 1