Mueller Season 3: The End Game

4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

RG0BS1U.gif

This may be the first move to acclimating the public to incoming news that Trump knew about it all. 

"Trump said he never colluded. He never said he didn't know that other people in the campaign colluded."

Even as I type that I can't decide if I am joking or not. It sounds like a joke, but it also sounds super fucking probable.

At this point Bat Boy Attorney at Law might be trying to save his own ass: Giuliani Rumored to Be ‘Very Worried’ About Mueller Report, ‘Hates’ Working for Trump Now

Polls are rigged folks...

Mr. Gauger’s lawyer, Charles E. James Jr. of the firm Williams Mullen, said federal investigators interviewed Mr. Gauger about his interactions over six years with Mr. Cohen, from their first meeting in 2012 until last April, when the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided Mr. Cohen’s home, office and hotel room.

Mr. Gauger, who recounted those dealings to The Wall Street Journal, said that though Mr. Cohen promised him lucrative work for the presidential campaign, his activities related to Mr. Trump consisted of trying unsuccessfully to manipulate two online polls in Mr. Trump’s favor.

Mr. Cohen asked Mr. Gauger to create the @WomenForCohen account, still active in 2019, to elevate his profile. The account’s profile says it is run by “Women who love and support Michael Cohen. Strong, pit bull, sex symbol, no nonsense, business oriented and ready to make a difference!”

Mr. Gauger said he last spoke with Mr. Cohen in April 2018, shortly after the raid by federal agents. He said Mr. Cohen told him the investigation was about taxes and how he had accessed money from some of his accounts. “It’s not a big deal,” Mr. Cohen said, according to Mr. Gauger.

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Pretty crazy story.  But I'm not seeing this as being explicitly illegal.  Immoral?  Yes.  But on the first pass, I'm not exactly sure why this was against the law. 

Finance laws likely.

The reimbursement he obtained for the deal with Ms. Clifford and the technology work was paid to him over the course of a year and characterized by the Trump Organization as legal fees, though it didn’t pertain to any legal work he performed at the time, prosecutors said. Overall, Mr. Cohen was paid $420,000, mostly from Mr. Trump’s personal account, including $180,000 to reimburse him for Ms. Clifford and RedFinch, a $60,000 bonus, and another $180,000 to cover taxes he would owe because the money would be declared as income, according to prosecutors.

Richard Hasen, an election-law expert and law professor at University of California, Irvine, said Mr. Cohen had an obligation to disclose the payment to RedFinch as an independent expenditure if it was for campaign-related work he didn’t discuss with the Trump campaign. Had he coordinated with the Trump camp, the campaign would have been required to report any unpaid-for work as an in-kind contribution.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Polls are rigged folks...

Mr. Gauger’s lawyer, Charles E. James Jr. of the firm Williams Mullen, said federal investigators interviewed Mr. Gauger about his interactions over six years with Mr. Cohen, from their first meeting in 2012 until last April, when the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided Mr. Cohen’s home, office and hotel room.

Mr. Gauger, who recounted those dealings to The Wall Street Journal, said that though Mr. Cohen promised him lucrative work for the presidential campaign, his activities related to Mr. Trump consisted of trying unsuccessfully to manipulate two online polls in Mr. Trump’s favor.

Mr. Cohen asked Mr. Gauger to create the @WomenForCohen account, still active in 2019, to elevate his profile. The account’s profile says it is run by “Women who love and support Michael Cohen. Strong, pit bull, sex symbol, no nonsense, business oriented and ready to make a difference!”

Mr. Gauger said he last spoke with Mr. Cohen in April 2018, shortly after the raid by federal agents. He said Mr. Cohen told him the investigation was about taxes and how he had accessed money from some of his accounts. “It’s not a big deal,” Mr. Cohen said, according to Mr. Gauger.

Yet more proof that this whole universe is the script for a bad movie from the 80's. At some point I imagine Trump's street talking goodfella lawyer said, "So Chuck E., where's the cheese?"

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Pretty crazy story.  But I'm not seeing this as being explicitly illegal.  Immoral?  Yes.  But on the first pass, I'm not exactly sure why this was against the law. 

Yeah, I agree. 

My first thought here wasn't so much about Trump as it was that Dems should take a good, long look. Trump may have lied, cheated, and stole his way to the presidency, but this is the exact kind of sad, small time gritting bullshit that should make us do some soul searching for why it was even close enough to begin with that some collusion was able to put him over the top.

He paid someone money, in a paper bag for an online poll. I just imagine myself going to GameFAQs.com and being like, "So, I hope my good buddy Final Fantasy 7 wins that poll of yours for best game of all time" *slides a 10 discreetly across the table*.

11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Finance laws likely.

The reimbursement he obtained for the deal with Ms. Clifford and the technology work was paid to him over the course of a year and characterized by the Trump Organization as legal fees, though it didn’t pertain to any legal work he performed at the time, prosecutors said. Overall, Mr. Cohen was paid $420,000, mostly from Mr. Trump’s personal account, including $180,000 to reimburse him for Ms. Clifford and RedFinch, a $60,000 bonus, and another $180,000 to cover taxes he would owe because the money would be declared as income, according to prosecutors.

Richard Hasen, an election-law expert and law professor at University of California, Irvine, said Mr. Cohen had an obligation to disclose the payment to RedFinch as an independent expenditure if it was for campaign-related work he didn’t discuss with the Trump campaign. Had he coordinated with the Trump camp, the campaign would have been required to report any unpaid-for work as an in-kind contribution.

That's fair.

But I would mostly see it as valuable in that it proved a habit of bad behavior that included things like the Clifford payoff. Standing alone, I really couldn't care less about this. 

It's just funny to me that Donald Trump thought that all of the shady shit he's been doing for his whole life would still fly when the entire world is scrutinizing every tiny detail of his life.

It also doesn't help when he starts his presidency off by thumbing his nose at the entire journalism industry basically begging them to go to war against him.

11 minutes ago, ort said:

It's just funny to me that Donald Trump thought that all of the shady shit he's been doing for his whole life would still fly when the entire world is scrutinizing every tiny detail of his life.

That's why the plan was to lose the election.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Matt is a capable and affable person. He was at the right hand of Sessions for over a year. But sure, imply that he got the current appointment because of something he said over a year prior before he worked for anyone. The particularly on television part – LOL. What does that even mean? Nothing, that’s what. It does sound really suspicious if you put it that way AND when you ignore that he simply was well-liked and competent. It’s not in this particular article, but the “he auditioned for the job on CNN” part of the past months’ reporting has been among the most absurdly and tragically funny part of this whole experience. Who could have imagined this turn of events? No one. Not us, that is for sure. The idea that it was some calculated plan is silly. Work through that sequence maybe, and see if it seems plausible.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

One of the good things about this is the rest of the country has finally discovered how shitty Batboy is. That "America's Mayor" stuff used to drive me nuts.

If 9/11 didn't happen, he'd have fizzled as he was very unpopular late in his mayoral career. Like Bush, 9/11 pushed up his approval ratings.

Then people realized they didn't do a good job in office.

In Rudy's case, he's not a good painter and isn't friends with Michelle Obama, so he just looks douchey.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

If 9/11 didn't happen, he'd have fizzled as he was very unpopular late in his mayoral career. Like Bush, 9/11 pushed up his approval ratings.

In Rudy's case, he's not a good painter and isn't friends with Michelle Obama, so he just looks douchey.

But but but he single handedly reduced crime in NYC

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Right before 9/11 Rudy was literally using the fire inspector to enforce a racist prohibition-era anti-cabaret law about not allowing dancing in bars that nobody had ever bothered to take off the books, apparently just because he could. Dude is SOOOOO fucking lucky 9/11 happened when it did in terms of how people remember him, and he still managed to fucking squander it...which makes him a perfect fit for Trump's orbit, I guess.