Mueller Season 3: The End Game

11 minutes ago, elbobo said:

even if Trump completely shuts down the investigation the House can just open it up again on their end and the executive branch will have zero influence over it 

It's not just that though, right? The DoJ makes decisions regarding how the investigation proceeds, not just if it proceeds.

1 hour ago, legend said:

It's not just that though, right? The DoJ makes decisions regarding how the investigation proceeds, not just if it proceeds.

The house can do their own investigation separate of the DoJ. I'm not positive but I think the DoJ could classify all of the Meuller findings so they would have to start over but the house could appoint all of Mueller's crew so it wouldn't really be a set back.

2 minutes ago, elbobo said:

The house can do their own investigation separate of the DoJ. I'm not positive but I think the DoJ could classify all of the Meuller findings so they would have to start over but the house could appoint all of Mueller's crew so it wouldn't really be a set back.

That is likely true.  But with Rosenstein still in charge, I wonder if he can preempt that by handing over evidence and a preliminary report to Congress before he resigns? 

9 minutes ago, elbobo said:

The House could still subpoena it and then read it into the Congressional record.

2 hours ago, elbobo said:

Sure, but this seem particularly tricky if the DoJ doesn't outright shut it down but effectively does. It puts the House in a weird situation if they have to start their own even though it's technically on going and I worry the House, even the new House, wouldn't have the balls to do that.

NO TANTRUMS FAKE NEWS BYE-BYE

Donald Trump Reportedly Had Expletive-Filled Outburst After Learning Michael Cohen Would Be Testifying

“According to one source, when Donald Trump was told Michael Cohen agreed to testify in public before Congress, he totally lost it,” Cooper reported. “Trump threw an object (a pen?) on the floor, stormed out of the room, and dropped the F-bomb (and other expletives) repeatedly before shocked aides.”

:feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood:

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Oh for Christ's sake - why are aides still "shocked" by his behavior?

That alone makes me doubt the veracity of this story from a single source reported by "the founder of the grassroots group The Democratic Coalition."

No, my Cohen confirmation bias penis doesn’t get inconsistently hard for NO REASON. NO.