Mueller Season 3: The End Game

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

As a speaker of German, I can say that at least as far as the German name goes, Fox News is actually pronouncing it more correctly. :p But of course in the end I suppose it is pretty much up to Mueller himself how he wants to pronounce it. 

I've heard Preet Bharara pronounce it "Muller" so I'm assuming that's how Mueller pronounces it. 

But yeah I have a hard time not using the German pronunciation. 

‘Individual 1’: Trump emerges as a central subject of Mueller probe

In two major developments this week, President Trump has been labeled in the parlance of criminal investigations as a major subject of interest, complete with an opaque legal code name: “Individual 1.”

New evidence from two separate fronts of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation casts fresh doubts on Trump’s version of key events involving Russia, signaling potential political and legal peril for the president. Investigators have now publicly cast Trump as a central figure of their probe into whether Trump’s campaign conspired with the Russian government during the 2016 campaign.

Together, the documents show investigators have evidence that Trump was in close contact with his lieutenants as they made outreach to both Russia and WikiLeaks — and that they tried to conceal the extent of their activities.

1bdc02fb91e71b5ef4c1180486659fa9-580-0-7

S9eGLZy.jpg

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

As a speaker of German, I can say that at least as far as the German name goes, Fox News is actually pronouncing it more correctly. :p But of course in the end I suppose it is pretty much up to Mueller himself how he wants to pronounce it. 

I know three families that have that same name and they all pronounce it differently.

1. Mull-er

2. Mew-ler

3. Moo-lehr

How do you pronounce it in German?

3 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

"Uh hey this is John Barron head of the FBI yeah we've been doing a lot of looking and Donald Trump didn't work with Russia and also has a totally normal and respectable looking wang so yeah you can go ahead and stop looking at Russia stuff and if you need any follow-up you can email me at donaldtrump@gmail.com."

39 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I know three families that have that same name and they all pronounce it differently.

1. Mull-er

2. Mew-ler

3. Moo-lehr

In German, there's three umlauted characters: ä, ö, and ü. When you don't have access to a keyboard with an umlaut key, it's standard to write them as ae, oe, and ue. "Muller" isn't quite right but IMO it's closer than "Mew-ler" (I've always had a miserable time pronouncing ü correctly btw). Agree, @Nokra?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

1. Mull-er

2. Mew-ler

3. Moo-lehr

It's kind of hard to write phonetically because in English we don't even have the sound that the letter ü makes, as you can probably hear in the video @Jason posted. The best I can approximate it is to suggest you say the word "Mooler" (where moo rhymes with brew) but with a) an open throat and b) your lips in the same position as they would be to blow across a bottle opening or to play the flute. As I said, kind of difficult to describe. :lol:

Or you can hear the name Müller here in this video, which is talking about difficult to pronounce names in the soccer world. I linked it to 20 seconds, right before they mention Thomas Müller (and they repeat his name again at the 58 second mark):

But yeah like Jason said, the ä,ö,and ü words are the most difficult to pronounce for native English speakers because we didn't grow up making those noises. At least with ß it basically just makes the same sound as "ss", and in fact many older words are now spelled with this way, completely dropping the ß in favor of 2x 's'.  

Anyway, even after living in Germany for nearly 8 years and speaking German frequently (my girlfriend is German and we pretty much only speak German), I still have trouble not letting my American accent shine through sometimes. :lol: 

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

2014! :lol:

Just to be clear, if this is accurate than Donald Trump himself has confirmed in public that his son committed perjury.

With Trump's current line on Trump Moscow, that strongly suggests Trump himself gave up the pretense and answered Mueller truthfully on the timing of that deal(otherwise, why deny it under oath, and then admit it in public?)

Which means that we're not just talking about Trump shooting off in front of a mic. It means Trump and Jr. respective answers, under oath, likely  contradict one another.

Another source said that after the April 2018 FBI raid on Cohen's office and home, people close to the President assured Cohen that Trump would take care of him. And Cohen believed that meant that the President would offer him a pardon if he stayed on message. It is unclear who specifically reached out to Cohen.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/politics/michael-cohen-pardon-expectation-donald-trump/index.html

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

It bears repeating: Charges from the NYAG against anyone in the Trump organization are essentially pardon proof.  And just to be safe, I'm sure the charges that the AG will eventually hand down will not be similar/the same as federal charges to ensure Trump can't claim some sort of double jeopardy violation.

13 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Lightly committed treason

You know, this reminds me when he was grilled on supporting the Iraq War at the beginning. "When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows?"

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You know, this reminds me when he was grilled on supporting the Iraq War at the beginning. "When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows?"

How do conservatives stand someone who doesn't ever take responsibility, it drives me nuts.