Mueller Season 3: The End Game

3 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I remember the birthers doing this.

Not that this remotely approaches birther territory--there's far more substance to the Mueller investigation--but I don't think people are being totally impartial either.

What worries me is that some people (not necessarily here, but people I know) seem to be actually hoping that Trump is guilty of collusion because they see this as a way to nullify the results of the 2016 election.

That's a bad mindset, IMO.  The sanctity of democracy is more important than short-term political advantage.  (Okay, so if you're a fascist like SFLUFAN then that doesn't apply, but for EVERYONE else...)We should all be hoping that this investigation concludes that our democracy wasn't tampered with, even if it means retaining a shit president.  

Plus, Pence would likely make a better commander in chief and thus a more formidable 2020 candidate for the GOP. :p

You already think Trump is going to get reelected, so does it matter? :p 

Our democracy was already tampered with, however. What I hope is that criminals get ousted or put in jail, which has been happening. The fact that my avatar is going to jail makes me happy. A strong democracy should be able to survive if their leader is a crook *holds up two peace signs*

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You already think Trump is going to get reelected, so does it matter? :p 

Our democracy was already tampered with, however. What I hope is that criminals get ousted or put in jail, which has been happening. The fact that my avatar is going to jail makes me happy. A strong democracy should be able to survive if their leader is a crook *holds up two peace signs*

Well I of course agree that if there was indeed tampering, the culprits should be accordingly punished—I just think everyone  should be hoping that there wasn’t, even if they might benefit politically if there was.

1 minute ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Well I of course agree that if there was indeed tampering, the culprits should be accordingly punished—I just think everyone  should be hoping that there wasn’t, even if they might benefit politically if there was.

We already know Russia was involved and interfering.

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I remember the birthers doing this.

Not that this remotely approaches birther territory--no one here's being *quite* that deranged, and there's far more substance to the Mueller investigation--but I don't think people are being totally impartial either.

What worries me is that some people (not necessarily here, but people I know) seem to be actually hoping that Trump is guilty of collusion because they see this as a way to nullify the results of the 2016 election.

That's a bad mindset, IMO.  The sanctity of democracy is more important than short-term political advantage.  (Okay, so if you're a fascist like SFLUFAN then that doesn't apply, but for EVERYONE else...)We should all be hoping that this investigation concludes that our democracy wasn't tampered with, even if it means retaining a shit president.  

Plus, Pence would likely make a better commander in chief and thus a more formidable 2020 candidate for the GOP. :p

I don't see this as a way to nullify the 2016 election, the damage is already done and you can't walk back from that. Yet to say we should hope there was no tampering is also a horrible way to look at this. I look at this as an exercise in that if something illegal was done to tamper with the elections/democracy that the system is healthy enough to charge and convict those who broke the law. For the most part mueller and his team have been doing just that. It's very important that this works specially with all the fuckery we've seen in state elections over the last election.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yup.

This is a pretty smokey gun. 

I would say we now have fairly definitive proof, much of it in the public domain, that Trump committed obstruction and that the Trump campaign illegally coordinated with Russia. The only question remaining is if Trump can be directly tied to Manafort/Kilimnik, Jr. Trump Tower meeting, and/or Stone/Guccifer.

11 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Yup.

This is a pretty smokey gun. 

I would say we now have fairly definitive proof, much of it in the public domain, that Trump committed obstruction and that the Trump campaign illegally coordinated with Russia. The only question remaining is if Trump can be directly tied to Manafort/Kilimnik, Jr. Trump Tower meeting, and/or Stone/Guccifer.

NO COLLUSION COLLUSION ISN'T A CRIME BUT ONLY THE DEMOCRATS COLLUDED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

There needs to be an attorney one that says: "I've got the worst fucking clients" because as bad as Trump's attorneys are, Trump's criminality is so rampant even Mueller (if he represented Trump in a different world - imagine!) wouldn't be able to hide it.

• Haha 1