Mueller Season 3: The End Game

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

HA

MOTHERFUCKERS!!

GOT EM

I was so disappointed that it didn't turn out that he was in Prague BUT GUESS WHAT NOOOOWWW!!

:feelsgood:

But he wasn't! HE SHOWED HANNITY THE COVER OF HIS PASSPORT THAT OBVIOUSLY PROVES HE WASN'T!

During the same period of late August or early September, electronic eavesdropping by an Eastern European intelligence agency picked up a conversation among Russians, one of whom remarked that Cohen was in Prague, two people familiar with the incident said.

:feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood:

It's interesting what this means for Mueller. Either he has purposefully kept this secret(and even allowed Cohen's lawyer to go on TV and lie about it) or Cohen lied to him about it.

And if it's the former, then keeping it silent until now probably means Mueller is making a case for direct collusion between Trump and the Russians.

If the dossier was right about Cohen being there, then they were probably right about why he was there. And what he was doing there was so blatant that even Republicans may have a hard time hand waving it away. 

31 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's interesting what this means for Mueller. Either he has purposefully kept this secret(and even allowed Cohen's lawyer to go on TV and lie about it) or Cohen lied to him about it.

And if it's the former, then keeping it silent until now probably means Mueller is making a case for direct collusion between Trump and the Russians.

If the dossier was right about Cohen being there, then they were probably right about why he was there. And what he was doing there was so blatant that even Republicans may have a hard time hand waving it away. 

This isn't going to be the thing that makes Republicans eat crow. In fact, nothing will. 

All this is is more ammo to the ultimate report Mueller writes and the conclusions it draws about what was going on. It adds credibility to the dossier. Even though I still don't believe the pee tape is real. 

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

So we're not believing Cohen now? I thought we were now that he was cooperating with Mueller.

Hey, Mueller recommended zero prison time for Flynn and Flynn still thought it'd be a good idea to trot out the "the FBI tricked me" bullshit. These aren't exactly the best and the brightest. 

Just now, Jason said:

Hey, Mueller recommended zero prison time for Flynn and Flynn still thought it'd be a good idea to trot out the "the FBI tricked me" bullshit. These aren't exactly the best and the brightest. 

I'm just trying to figure out if we're deciding to believe people based on anything other than how hard what they're saying happens to makes us.

14 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Is there some reason that Cohen can’t be working an active disinformation campaign because his visit to Prague is really that central and explosive to the case?

It's possible.  But would Mueller direct him to intentionally lie in public if asked about it?  It's a good question.  I'm not sure that is ethical for a lawyer (Mueller) to do so. 

14 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I'm just trying to figure out if we're deciding to believe people based on anything other than how hard what they're saying happens to makes us.

I remember the birthers doing this.

Not that this remotely approaches birther territory--no one here's being *quite* that deranged, and there's far more substance to the Mueller investigation--but I don't think people are being totally impartial either.

What worries me is that some people (not necessarily here, but people I know) seem to be actually hoping that Trump is guilty of collusion because they see this as a way to nullify the results of the 2016 election.

That's a bad mindset, IMO.  The sanctity of democracy is more important than short-term political advantage.  (Okay, so if you're a fascist like SFLUFAN then that doesn't apply, but for EVERYONE else...)We should all be hoping that this investigation concludes that our democracy wasn't tampered with, even if it means retaining a shit president.  

Plus, Pence would likely make a better commander in chief and thus a more formidable 2020 candidate for the GOP. :p