14 years ago today, Xbox players joined Master Chief again

SaysWho?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, legend said:

This isn't a terribly unreasonable credit, except you have to back to the Marathon games in the 90s when they did it, not Halo 2.

I was kidding I’m just making fun of the reaction video where they go nuts seeing the dual wielding as if Halo 2 was the first game to do it. I never played marathon before but I know lots of games had dual wielding before Halo 2. duke nukem Goldeneye and Perfect Dark  are the ones I know of

I hated Halo 2.

I never liked FPS games. There was a CoD on the OG Xbox and Metroid Prime, but I only got far into both games but never beat one. Then I saw Halo 3. What I saw was MC walking with a turret in third person. And it just looked so cool. I didn't like FPS games but this looked third person and the game over all just looked so cool. So, on IGN, I asked if you could play Halo 3 in third person. I was told no, except for special instances. 

Well, I really liked the way Halo 3 looked. It looked like the coolest thing ever. So, I decided I was going to get it. BUT! Halo 3 was just that. Halo 3. I had 2 games to play before I could play 3. I went out to a local game store called game exchange, and bought Halo 1. I didn't get both 1 and 2  cuz what if I didn't like it. I put Halo 1 in my 360 was eventually presented with the difficulty options. It is the first time I can recall playing a game with difficulty options. This was practically my first FPS so I played it on easy. I can't remember if I really liked the game, but I know I found it kinda hard but not too hard, simply do to my lack of skill. What made the game beatable was the AR and the Needler. I had terrible aim and these weapons made up for it. The AR was my main weapon and I was glad that it was your main weapon. Master Chief's Master Sword. 

The came Halo 2. Christmas was getting closer so Halo 3(xmas gift) was not far off. I went back to game exchange and picked up the steel case version of Halo 2. I had beaten Halo 1 and felt good enough to play it on Normal. I was, but I wasn't. Right off the bat, I hated Halo 2. Why? The Battle Rifle. The BR was the main weapon. Chief's new Master Sword, and I hated it. It felt awful, sounded bad, had a scope that I sucked at using, and the game always forced it on me. I dropped it at every chance I got. SMG, needler, plasma rifles, plasma pistol, Brute Shot, Sentinel beam, were all the things I aimed for. And, oddly enough, I loved the carbine. So, that made The Arbiter's side OK. Cuz not only did I hate the BR, I hated playing as a stupid ugly alien until the final chapters of the game. 

I hated Halo 2 until very end. Then xmas rolled around and I got Halo 3 and everything was right with the world. I got my AR back, I could go in third person with a few weapons, new fun and easy to use guns, the chopper, and I didn't have to play as any character other than the chief. I eventually made it to online, made a bunch of Halo pals and still text one to this day. I got stuck in the 30-32 ranks, because I never got good with the BR or the sniper, so that kinda sucked, but it was fun. I do know that if I played Halo 3 today my aim would be much better I'd would be able to finally make it to the fabled 35 Commander. I did get all the achievements tho.

Years later, in the small space of time I owned an X1, I got the Halo anniversary edition. I would be replaying both Halo 1 and 2 for the first time. Played them both on Hardcore and holy shit it was just so much easier. I could use the BR like a champ and enemies went down quickly. I still didn't love Halo 2, but I didn't hate it. I mean, I liked it more than Halo 4 and 5. 

Had button glitches not been introduced Halo 2 would be far worse than Halo 3 from a matchmaking perspective, but because they exist the Halo series has a continuing trend of lowering the skill gap over each game. With the exception of Halo 4 to Halo 5.

Played the shit out it the Multiplayer before it released (halloween night), owned everyone at the Halo 2 launch party since I already knew the maps/weapons, got the limited edition box, glitches and mods to no end, created a Halo 2 tournament website (aka babysitting), then Halo 3 came out. The glory days! I miss them :( 

6 hours ago, HGLatinBoy said:

I was kidding I’m just making fun of the reaction video where they go nuts seeing the dual wielding as if Halo 2 was the first game to do it. I never played marathon before but I know lots of games had dual wielding before Halo 2. duke nukem Goldeneye and Perfect Dark  are the ones I know of

Yeah I know :p I was just adding some obscure historical information.