Sony Silently Brings Out a Quieter PS4 Pro

Keyser_Soze

With the release of the PS4 Pro/Red Dead Redemption bundle, Sony has released a new revision of the PS4 Pro called the "CUH-7200", which according to the diligent analysis of Digital Foundry, offers significantly lower noise levels under load while delivering the same power draw as Sony's original model.

When compared to a launch-day PS4 Pro, Sony's latest model is around 6-7dB quieter, making the console a lot more difficult to notice when immersed in the platform latest games. It is worth noting that these lower noise levels come at a cost, as the CUH-7200 model of the PS4 Pro runs hotter, though it seems like Sony is happy with the console's new operating temperature.

Right now, the new PS4 Pro is only available with the console's Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle, though it is expected to become available as a standalone unit, or as part of other bundles, in the near future, especially after stock gets cleared after this month's Black Friday sales and after other seasonal events.

sauce

Nice...I have one of these.  I don't really think the heat problem will be a big deal, my PS poor got way hotter than my Pro and i've had the PS Poor for quite some time now (4yrs).  With my PS Poor, I would feel hot air come out of my cabinets when I played and I can't say i've experienced that yet with the Pro while playing RDR2.

30 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Couldn’t this be a software update for the fans in all Pros?

They physically change the fan design to be quieter. I have no real complaints with mine Pro but I would always appreaciate quieter. I was so close to getting a newer model since I bought a Pro in Augest. Do they know if the Spiderman Pro is one of the new models.

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

They physically change the fan design to be quieter. I have no real complaints with mine Pro but I would always appreaciate quieter. I was so close to getting a newer model since I bought a Pro in Augest. Do they know if the Spiderman Pro is one of the new models.

If Sony is ok with the Pro running hotter, couldn’t they patch it so the fans either run slower or kick in later?

The Pro I got is pretty quiet when compared to the OG, but it ain’t X quiet. 

One time after I turned my Pro off I went to dust the tv stand and noticed how warm the glass shelf was where the Pro was sitting.  I bought these cheap rubber feet on amazon and the glass stays much cooler now.  I have no idea if the Pro is actually running any cooler, but I figure if more air flow is traveling under the case it has to be better than nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-system-case-feet-RUBBERFEET/dp/B00032Q30Q/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

You wouldn't even know they are under the PS4 which is nice:

wUMoOhs.jpg

QQfMJfL.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

One time after I turned my Pro off I went to dust the tv stand and noticed how warm the glass shelf was where the Pro was sitting.  I bought these cheap rubber feet on amazon and the glass stays much cooler now.  I have no idea if the Pro is actually running any cooler, but I figure if more air flow is traveling under the case it has to be better than nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-system-case-feet-RUBBERFEET/dp/B00032Q30Q/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

You wouldn't even know they are under the PS4 which is nice:

I should probably do this. I've been putting my consoles on top of boxes for the same reason since the release of the 360. I should probably invest in these as they look 100000x better.

My base PS4 isn't that loud. 

I have an Xbox One X and  it is a pretty quiet little box.  At this point, I'm gonna pass on the PS4  Pro.  I tend to lean more towards Sony, but it's too late in the game to be dropping that kind of money on another console; it would just be for playing the best versions of Sony exclusives since I get all multiplats on the X anyway.