Senate confirms Justice Handmaid One

So she recuses herself from weighing in on Donald refusing to leave if he loses and granting himself immunity from all crimes federal crimes before he is forced the leave. But she won’t recuse herself from deciding the election. 

yep. We all saw that coming. This confirmation hearing is just telling us what we already knew. We’re FUCKED. 

• Sad 1

Listening to the NYT podcast this morning talking about her confirmation hearing, she did pretty well.  I think the Democrats could have done more to discuss recusal of election related matters and the ethics of Trump's appointment of her.  ACB was well prepared, and for the most part, seemed genuine.  

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Her politics are shit. Being a nice person isn't the standard by which we should be given a job for life at the highest level of government

Sure, but calling her a POS comes off as an attack on her character as a person.  

I'm sure you'd cry foul if I called Elena Kagan a twat (I won't, but just using her as an example).  That comes off as an attack of her as a person, not her views or decisions, even if I'm basing my twat comment (hypothetical!) on her views and decisions. 

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm sure you'd cry foul if I called Elena Kagan a twat (I won't, but just using her as an example).  That comes off as an attack of her as a person, not her views or decisions, even if I'm basing my twat comment (hypothetical!) on her views and decisions. 

OLOLOLOLOLOLO

Of course I wouldn't!

OLOLOLOLOLOLO

No one should ever have any reservations about attacking the "character" of those who wield actual power, wealth, and influence.  None whatsoever.  Their "characters" should be attacked at each and every opportunity!

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Sure, but calling her a POS comes off as an attack on her character as a person.  

You can change your politics to not be a shit person, and don't compare the standards we give to persons in our daily interpersonal relationships and persons whose opinions and decisions affect millions of lives

12 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Where were you when this board was dropping a fat hot carl on RBG's grave? Calling someone a POS is practically a compliment by our standards!

45 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

She seems like a nice person overall.  You just don't like her politics.  

It’s beyond her “politics”. Anyone who dodges basic questions in the manner she does, her blank note pad, and her entire demeanor does not strike me as a “nice person”, but a shitty person who is going to do shitty things with the power she could (will) soon wield. If you’re going to do shitty things, you’re a POS, full stop, regardless of the smile and front you put on while doing so.

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

It's funny watching Mike Lee suck up to this person trying to compare their faiths when in all reality she absolutely detests this guy because of his faith. And he detests hers too.

Republican voice: "wow you really are showing your anti-catholic bias here. Wow."

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

She’s a piece of shit because she brought her children to a super spreader event knowing we’re in the midst of a pandemic.